Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"WWE SummerSlam" 2013 Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

"WWE SummerSlam" #26
    Sunday, August 18, 2013 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on Pay-Per-View
    From the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California

WWE Championship
    Special Guest Referee: Triple H

Champion
    John Cena
    vs.
    Challenger
    Daniel Bryan

World Heavyweight Championship
    Champion
    Alberto Del Rio
    vs.
    Challenger
    Christian

The following contest is scheduled for one fall...
    CM Punk
    vs.
    Brock Lesnar
    with Paul Heyman

Ring of Fire Match
    Kane
    Weighing: 323 pounds
    vs.
    Bray Wyatt
    Weighing: 295 pounds
    with Luke Harper & Erick Rowan

The following mixed tag team contest is scheduled for one fall...
    Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn
    vs.
    Big E Langston & Divas Champion A.J. Lee

The following contest is scheduled for one fall...
    Cody Rhodes
    vs.
    Money in the Bank winner
    Damien Sandow

The following Divas contest is scheduled for one fall...
    Natalya

with The Funkadactyls
    vs.
    Brie Bella
    with Nikki Bella & Eva Marie

SummerSlam Kick-Off, 7 p.m. ET: WWE.com, Facebook, YouTube & Yahoo!
    United States Championship
    Champion
    Dean Ambrose
    vs.
    Challenger
    Rob Van Dam

Please remember this thread is to talk about the EVENT. To talk about your picks, go to the Prediction Thread. This includes how you did should you deem it necessary (it's not). This is not the place for "I've gotten two right" type posts.[/QUOTE]
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

email2003 is offline *Classically Trained*
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to see Daniel Bryan win the WWE Championship!! Upset he lost it to Randy Orton within 5 minutes. WTH? I'm really hating the whole Money in the Bank concept. HHH helping Orton win the title? Is Orton working with HHH and the McMahons? The same family Orton tried to eliminate back in 2009?

The Talon is offline Armchair Assassin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man, I loved this show. Two MOTY candidates back to back, & the swerve of the year closes it all out. I just know Vince is devouring the tears of Bryan fans everywhere, & I love it.
    But, with Evolution seemingly back, this probably means that the 20-minute Triple H promos to kickoff RAW are back.

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really, really hate Orton. Not because he cashed in on Bryan. If it keeps Bryan in the main event spot, fine. But I haven't enjoyed Orton at all since, like, 2004. The fact that he's constantly in the main event just makes it worse.

Throw in there that now he's champion and tied into the equally annoying Family Feud crap? Ugh. I normally just turn the channel whenever a wrestler I have no interest in is on, but if he's feuding with someone I do like (Bryan), now I feel like I'm required to put up with him.
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got the results via Meltzer. So not digging.

Seems Cena and Kane will both be "away" for a while. Fair enough, but Chairman Wackjob had to have his way, and screwed DBryan out of the title via HHH turning for the first time in 7 years. Sorry, unacceptable. I prefer that Hunter and Steph be against the old man that won't go away, but the rumors are that Vince will turn face before Mania. Sorry, unacceptable again. When will Vince get the message that he, Piggy Guerrero, and certain others are stale acts and need to disappear, preferably for good?

TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    Got the results via Meltzer. So not digging.

Seems Cena and Kane will both be "away" for a while. Fair enough, but Chairman Wackjob had to have his way, and screwed DBryan out of the title via HHH turning for the first time in 7 years. Sorry, unacceptable. I prefer that Hunter and Steph be against the old man that won't go away, but the rumors are that Vince will turn face before Mania. Sorry, unacceptable again. When will Vince get the message that he, Piggy Guerrero, and certain others are stale acts and need to disappear, preferably for good?
    Given what's currently happening on Raw, I definitely agree with this statement.

I think it was kinda obvious that Orton was going to cash in MitB at the end of the night and the win the belt. However, the way it was executed (with HHH turning heel again) doesn't work due to not only the the reasons that you give (i.e. Vince McMahon living in the past and thinking that fans will still enjoy storylines with corrupt company heads), but also the fact that even if the swerve involved HHH turning heel, that doesn't change the fact that wrestling fans can see the twist from miles away.

Kinda wish that WWE was using Cena and Sheamus's time off due to injury to help make the company interesting again instead of continuing to follow Vince's ideas of rehashing past storylines.
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Vince needs to retire. Period.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree that Vince needs to go to but come on people, how can you all still be complaining?

Cena will be gone for at least 6 months, Bryan is being built up as face of the company (he beat Cena, Orton, and Sheamus clean within the past month for God's sake!), Orton finally turns heel, and HHH is heel and once again in his comfort zone. I say so what if we have another Corporation/ Evolution and HHH gave his reasons for helping Orton last night. While I'm still not fully convinced, it makes sense at least. Even if you may have saw this coming a mile away and think it's predictable, if it's booked well, is entertaining, and delivers in the end why should anyone whine about predictability?

Bryan is still the most over man in the company with every single fan in the audience fully behind him and is playing the underdog role to perfection. The angle has just started and already the IWC is complaining despite having almost every possible thing they could have right in front of them. I know the WWE has screwed us out of a lot of opportunities but at least let them jack this up BEFORE you start complaining about it.