Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Talon is offline Written in the Stars
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    I still think Reese from the Nolan movies would have been an excellent Riddler jumping off point. There's hope for the character, but most people can't get past the Gorshin/Carrey type.
    I liked the "Coleman = Riddler" theory, but I always thought that was a coincidence. Seemed too clever for Nolan/Goyer to put in the movie.

I think Mr. Freeze should be the villain of the next Batman movie. The best way to do a Batman reboot is to just make an adaptation of BTAS. No origin story, has a detective/noir feel while still being filled with more sci-fi & supernatural type stuff. Freeze is perfect as a villain for that type of movie.

WoahJake is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loving the ideas! I'll share mine, I was thinking Black Mask would make a good villain for the next movie, since origins is coming out soon and all that and I think his origin works well, but could use some retooling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Talon View Post
    I liked the "Coleman = Riddler" theory, but I always thought that was a coincidence. Seemed too clever for Nolan/Goyer to put in the movie.

I think Mr. Freeze should be the villain of the next Batman movie. The best way to do a Batman reboot is to just make an adaptation of BTAS. No origin story, has a detective/noir feel while still being filled with more sci-fi & supernatural type stuff. Freeze is perfect as a villain for that type of movie.
    Yeah I dont want another gritty realistic take on Batman give me Freeze, Clayface, Killer Croc, or Bat-Mite.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd say Riddler, and make him more like he's been used in the books in recent years, more sophisticated in approach. A gentleman thief with an obsession with riddles.

James is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ventriloquist. He's very Batman, without being a repeat of all the foes we've seen on the big screen. A down-to-earth notion, a crime boss, with a quirk. I think that could keep a Batman film grounded in Gotham crime without seeming absurd and "superhero-focused" and wouldn't require an origin. Be a different type of Batman film, and I think that would be refreshing. .

Dark Knight Adventures 10th Anniversary Special
    - it's back!
    Twittering Jim - Twitter
    JamesMcLean.net - James' website
    "I turned to Aunt Agatha, whose demeanour was now rather like that of one who, picking daisies on the railway, has just caught the down express in the small of the back."

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Ventriloquist. He's very Batman, without being a repeat of all the foes we've seen on the big screen. A down-to-earth notion, a crime boss, with a quirk. I think that could keep a Batman film grounded in Gotham crime without seeming absurd and "superhero-focused" and wouldn't require an origin. Be a different type of Batman film, and I think that would be refreshing. .
    I've been wanting Ventriloquist in a Batman film for so long. Unfortunately, studios probably think that he can't be taken as a serious enough threat as the lead villain of a film. If he ever appears in a film, I think he would more realistically appear as a secondary villain. Part of me would be curious at a film's take on Man-Bat.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, in the books, Ventriloquist has been rebooted, and it's a woman this time, with a completely new puppet. If they stuck with Arnold Wesker, Jason Alexander would be a slam dunk pick.

darkdetective is offline Reporter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    Unfortunately, in the books, Ventriloquist has been rebooted, and it's a woman this time, with a completely new puppet. If they stuck with Arnold Wesker, Jason Alexander would be a slam dunk pick.
    I haven't read much of the new 52, but last I read (think it was dini's run) the female ventriloquist was using wesker's scarface dummy.
    My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com!
    Check out the animated trailer here!

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I would love to see a detective story to focus on the cerebral aspect of Batman against someone like the Riddler. But as a summer tent pole, there's got to be some action in it... and beating Riddler into a pulp doesn't sound that appealing. And well, Batman Forever didn't mitigate that one too well, imo.
    Or they can have the Detective Story but instead of the Riddler why not add the Court of Owls as the main villains?
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

James is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well invariably the film would cherry pick a good Ventriloquist era. The comment about him being a "secondary villain" - I can see the logic, though I'd like superhero films to cut that notion out. Films tend to run antagonist vs protagonist, and why Superhero films try to wedge a third party in, or even a fourth, of a fifth (as you get to Batman and Robin stage) is a trick I'm shocked the industry hasn't worked out just generates a weaker film. You don't need it, Batman vs Villain is more than enough for 100 minutes plus. I think if they were wise they'd look to some of the lesser characters simply because it would give the films a new direction. Joker's been done before, Bane twice now, Catwoman a few outings... step back, let Batman sell the film as the icon and give casual audience a threat they don't know or won't expect, or even know how it will work. Worked very well for Dredd. Batman needs a fresh approach, most superhero films do these days. One thing I think Marvel has worked out and keeps trying to hit (with mixed success) is making the alterego as important as the hero - its why Iron Man works, and Spider-Man works - if you generate a strong character and situation away from the expensive boom boom hero bits, the film carries without flaw. Now if Gotham was worked to be an interesting issue for an interesting Bruce Wayne as well as Batman, that could be very cool - and a lower key villain, one that's less outlandish in style as much as motivation, would sync nicely into a Batman film that focused on Bruce Wayne and Gotham as it did Batman.

Dark Knight Adventures 10th Anniversary Special
    - it's back!
    Twittering Jim - Twitter
    JamesMcLean.net - James' website
    "I turned to Aunt Agatha, whose demeanour was now rather like that of one who, picking daisies on the railway, has just caught the down express in the small of the back."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast