Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtar View Post
    I've been wanting Ventriloquist in a Batman film for so long. Unfortunately, studios probably think that he can't be taken as a serious enough threat as the lead villain of a film. If he ever appears in a film, I think he would more realistically appear as a secondary villain. Part of me would be curious at a film's take on Man-Bat.
    Man-Bat looks cool and also is the best way to get the "fantasy" aspect of batman into a new universe to differentiate it from the nolan trilogy.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

darkdetective is online now Reporter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this would never happen, bit I wish there were two ongoing movie series, each one coming out every other year, with different casts and production teams. A Dark Knight series of movies that's more low budget, with Batman fighting and using his detective skills facing down more realistic villains like Riddler, Black Mask, Penguin, etc. While there's a big budget Batman series of movies focusing on more outlandish stuff, like Mr. Freeze or Clayface.
    My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com!
    Check out the animated trailer here!

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post

Or they can have the Detective Story but instead of the Riddler why not add the Court of Owls as the main villains?
    Oh I would love a Court of Owls story but Dick Grayson as either Batman or Nightwing would have to be the main focus/main protagonist, Bruce Wayne/Batman would have to be the secondary protagonist (it's called the deutragonist, right?).

Onward2Vengeance is offline I'm blue and cyan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirel View Post
    Man-Bat looks cool and also is the best way to get the "fantasy" aspect of batman into a new universe to differentiate it from the nolan trilogy.
    Agreed. Even Clayface or a proper Mr. Freeze would work as well especially since this movie will more than likely be a part of Man of Steel's universe.
    "Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway" - Crow T. Robot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah while they're at it lets get a good representation of Robin or Nightwing. But yeah like I said I would like a more outlandish Batman universe.

ReijiAzuma is offline Gah, cuteness! My weakness!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, for a first movie I would like things to mainly focus on Batman's more criminal and mob related villains: Rupert Thorne, The Squid, Tony Zucco..., maybe as foreshadowing to Robin appearance. Maybe Penguin can be involved since he's an in between as a mobster and a "freak", as some sort of ultimate villain manipulating everyone, which could in turn lead into Batman's more iconic rogues' gallery for future films.

One thing I would really like as a set up for is to have Joker cameo as the Red Hood. Since his face would always be masked they wouldn't have to worry about finding an official actor for him at the moment. Change some stuff out if the want (ditch the tux for example) but have some form of him there that can in turn be seemingly killed via the chemical bath.
    Timmy Turner (Tara Strong): In the future, there will be 500 TV channels.... but nothing to watch!

Classic Speedy is online now It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd love to see The Clock King, who hasn't been featured in a live action Batman movie yet.

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReijiAzuma View Post
    Maybe Penguin can be involved since he's an in between as a mobster and a "freak", as some sort of ultimate villain manipulating everyone, which could in turn lead into Batman's more iconic rogues' gallery for future films.
    I always preferred the mobster version of the character over the Burton "actual penguin" take. But if we had to compromise, I'd take the BTAS version a la "Birds of a Feather".
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In my opinion, there's no Batman villain who needs a do-over any more than Mr. Freeze.

He needed a more dignified treatment than his portrayal in Batman & Robin. Joel Schumacher almost got him right with his tragic backstory and desire for vengeance, but his general hamminess and barrage of ice puns clashed with and nearly undercut his character.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdetective View Post
    I haven't read much of the new 52, but last I read (think it was dini's run) the female ventriloquist was using wesker's scarface dummy.
    No, she isn't. The New 52 Ventriloquist just debuted in Batgirl with a completely new dummy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would like to see the Riddler, Hugo Strange, or Harley Quinn.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Ventriloquist could be interesting, although I almost see the idea of the puppet being removed by studios. If so, perhaps he is 'The Ventriloquist' because of how he operates the city like a puppetmaster? Well Hell, might as well call him that in the first place. Perhaps a 'puppertmaster' role could be mixed with a 'master of disguise' role to create a villain who operates as multiple public and crime figures, basically turning Gotham City into his own personal game of one-man chess? This could reflect back on Batman, challenging him to recognize that perhaps his own duality is no less destructive than his foe's?

I think the Matt Hagen Clayface would be another interesting character, a real Charlie Sheen (or Downey Junior) type of Hollywood actor falling into a mess of controversy and drugs. In some continuities Bruce has a love of film. For the purpose of a Clayface-centric film, perhaps this incarnation of Bruce once planned on becoming a filmmaker before witnessing his parents' mugging and murder? Perhaps that is a tie of sympathy Bruce can feel towards Clayface? A wonderful theme would be Bruce facing that he is very much the same as Matt Hagen, his dreams and ambitions have become lost in a sea of 'drugs' and the like?

Another film I'd like to be see made is "Batman learns he has a daughter with Catwoman and they team up to kick ass and live happily ever after. 'Cause romance, yo." But romance, in my action films? Nah...
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2