0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    brickrrb2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Basically it's like we're all wanting the impossible: For Christopher Reeve to return

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Speedy View Post
    How sad that if a movie isn't wall-to-wall action, it's billed as a "weepy soap opera".
    Returns didn't just lack wall-to-wall action, it lacked any sense of excitement, danger, or anything.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    We really need to drop "But Superman II!" as an argument. Have you seen Superman II? Superman II is ridiculous. In its last few minutes Superman II squanders everything the first Superman had built in terms of "getting it right" by throwing away the rulebook and Superman's established character. Apparently killing Zod and crew is just one thing, there's also the fact that he develops crazy Deus Ex Machina powers that have never even been hinted at before, that he uses those powers to tamper with Lois Lane's mind, and that he then goes off and gets petty revenge by picking a fight with a regular guy, breaking his hand, and throwing him through a pinball machine. YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nu3CLQm-SI So, yeah, Superman II did it is not a good enough argument.
    The massive mess of a production leaves Superman II as a flawed gem. It's the visions of two different directors, one good, one decidedly less so. It's still a better film than Man of Steel. I haven't revisited SR since I first saw it in theaters, but I'm a by fan of Bryan Singer, I think I'll take it over Snyder's film too. STAS looks better and better every year.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1 View Post
    I mean seriously, we have the acclaimed Action Comics #775 (and Superman Vs The Elite animated movie) and the whole point of those stories is WHY Superman's "traditional" way WORKS.
    What trade is that in?
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanshotfirst113 View Post
    What trade is that in?
    That story is in The Greatest Superman Stories Ever Told trade. It has a painting by Alex Ross for the cover and it was recently reprinted. It's also in the new Superman 75th Celebration hardcover that DC comics just put out.

I have to agree with what someone said a few posts up. I watched Superman Returns a few nights ago and while I actually did get swept up in the heavy nostalgia is permeates, it is lacking. Man of Steel to me was more enjoyable despite a few glaring issues (one at least is being addressed in the sequel). Cavill was easily the superior Superman as well and the same goes for Adams over Bosworth.

Also, there's a new "Everything Wrong" vide from CinemaSins for Man of Steel and it's pretty good:

Everything Wrong With Man Of Steel In 8 Minutes Or Less - YouTube
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

brickrrb2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try telling all this to Snyder Nolan and Warner Brothers

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An interesting look at Man Of Steel. Screenrant has listed the film as the best superhero movie of 2013. No surprise there, but a lot of people do not agree:

Why 'Man of Steel' is the Best Superhero Movie of 2013

There are some good points made, yes, but some of his opinions seem more driven by things outside the actual movie itself.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Tohya is offline deficit omne quod nasciture
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was an interesting read. Pretty much if you loved MoS the article is music to your ears if you hated it you probably wanna call Kofi an idiot. If you were on the fence and just a disappointed movie goer the article doesn't compel you to reconsider your opinion.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the article, and I agree with most of his points. I hate when people complain about the final battle. It was exciting, and itdidn’t power down the characters like so many other CBM films. Like the guysaid, you can’t really claim that Iron Man 3, Wolverine, or Thor had betterfights at the end.
    And he is also right about Man of Steel being less of apopcorn film than Iron Man 3 or Thor 2. Yeah, they were more “fun”, but thatdoesn’t equal better or anything.
    And I’m tired of the complaints regarding Zod’s death. Likethe guy points out, Zod was also killed in Superman II AND the comics. So thefilm was being faithful. And peoplestill didn’t like it. But In Iron Man 3, when they change stuff, people callmurder. Geez, some people.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12