Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    Lord Mawdryn is offline Board Bad Boy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
    Didn't they already build a lifesize Falcon for Empire? I don't think it had internal sets like this one apparently does but I know I heard alot about a lifesize Falcon existing for ESB.
    It was dismantled after filming wrapped on Return of the Jedi. It costs a lot of money to keep large sets in storage and if they're not going to be used anytime soon, it's standard practice to destroy them as it would actually be cheaper--in the long run--to rebuild them from scratch should they be needed again. There's also the issue of natural deterioration and damage that incurs when a set is kept in storage for a very long time, so the original life-sized Falcon from the '80s would probably have to be replaced anyway, IMO.

"Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe..."

HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Mawdryn View Post
    It was dismantled after filming wrapped on Return of the Jedi. It costs a lot of money to keep large sets in storage and if they're not going to be used anytime soon, it's standard practice to destroy them as it would actually be cheaper--in the long run--to rebuild them from scratch should they be needed again. There's also the issue of natural deterioration and damage that incurs when a set is kept in storage for a very long time, so the original life-sized Falcon from the '80s would probably have to be replaced anyway, IMO.
    I'm referring more to the fact the article talks like this has never been done before. I wouldn't expect them to have actually kept it.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17