Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    To those who think immediately making sequels is all Disney's idea, Lucas had already told Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher that he had plans for episodes 7-9 over a year ago.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Well, that makes some sense. But he isn't worried about them changing the character of his franchise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Not for four billion dollars.
    There's that, and that George Lucas himself admitted to wanting to let other directors have a go at Star Wars. If he was so concerned about people changing the characters of his franchise, he wouldn't have sold it in the first place.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtar View Post
    To those who think immediately making sequels is all Disney's idea, Lucas had already told Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher that he had plans for episodes 7-9 over a year ago.
    So which George is the liar? The one that said the story stopped at #6, or the one that said there would eventually be sequels? I remember Lucas B existing until Revenge of the Sith came out, then Lucas A took his place, and now we have Lucas B again?
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: At long last, site updates are resuming! And We Bought A Retrode!

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Not for four billion dollars.
    Lucas is not doing this out of greed. He's giving the money from the sale to charity.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/11/...y.php#Comments
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    So which George is the liar? The one that said the story stopped at #6, or the one that said there would eventually be sequels? I remember Lucas B existing until Revenge of the Sith came out, then Lucas A took his place, and now we have Lucas B again?
    Maybe he just changed his mind. It is possible that he thought of a good story to continue the franchise and wants to tell it.

Eric B is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, from what I had heard, it was always (originally) supposed to be in 9 parts. Of course, 4-5-6 were first, then he started 1-2-3. At the time, 7-8-9 were put on the back burner, and I wasn't sure if they were ever going to come out, but apparently, he did change his mind.
    Aww, isn't that cute?
    But it's WRONG!!!
    -Mr. H

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Lucas is not doing this out of greed. He's giving the money from the sale to charity.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/11/...y.php#Comments
    Listen, I'm as bitter as the next man about Lucas' treatment of the original versions of Star Wars and THX 1138, but the fact of the matter is that that's fiction. This is real, and giving such a huge amount of money to charity is something totally worthy of praise and congratulations, and I for one tip my hat to the guy for giving a lot to those in need.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

BigFatHairyDeal is online now Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wherever Lucas' donation ends up, I just hope it's money well spent. I guess I still have the Red Cross and Livestrong controversies fresh in my mind.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatHairyDeal
    Wherever Lucas' donation ends up, I just hope it's money well spent. I guess I still have the Red Cross and Livestrong controversies fresh in my mind.
    The fact that Armstrong cheated at riding a bike doesn't diminish the cancer work at all. There should be no controversy.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

CartoonFridays is offline Promoted to detective.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    The fact that Armstrong cheated at riding a bike doesn't diminish the cancer work at all. There should be no controversy.
    They just did that on South Park. They said that "so what if he's a fraud, he still raised a lot of money".
    Young lady, I'm an expert on humans!