Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Black Widow stunt double filming on Cap's motorcycle with shield in Seoul and filming in England at the Hawley Woods, doubling for the nation of Sokovia as with the Italy shoot. Scarlet Johansson and Mark Ruffalo (and Hulk props) were seen along with what looks like HYDRA vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    Uh... what? Hasn't it been confirmed on several different sources that Paul Bettany who played Jarvis in the Iron Man movies and Avengers, will be playing Vision (who is in life action and the AI of Jarvis given his own metal suit I believe) who is going to be in Age of Ultron? Really that's pretty comic fact at this point.
    It's only fact when Marvel sends out the PR.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could that time travel rumor be true? I'm inclined to think not, but...
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's probably flashbacks related to HYDRA and Strucker.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't know that the guy voicing J.A.R.V.I.S. was going to be Vision. It'd be neat if there was a connection there.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or he could be playing...wait for it, Edwin Jarvis. In the comics, he did serve in World War II under the Canadian Royal Air Force and he was in England. I could see them for the MCU, folding him in as a member of the SSR.

Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    It's probably flashbacks related to HYDRA and Strucker.
    I think so, too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    I didn't know that the guy voicing J.A.R.V.I.S. was going to be Vision. It'd be neat if there was a connection there.
    There's no Wonder Man in this continuity so they probably base Vision off of J.A.R.V.I.S.

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or at least Ultron does, if they keep him as Visions' creator. Maybe Ultron creates him as the lieutenant for his robot army?

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Or he could be playing...wait for it, Edwin Jarvis. In the comics, he did serve in World War II under the Canadian Royal Air Force and he was in England. I could see them for the MCU, folding him in as a member of the SSR.
    This is interesting - there was a human Jarvis in the MCU film continuity, possibly, who might have known Captain America? (As an alternative to the butler who serves the Avengers in the comics.) If I'm understanding this right, then maybe Howard Stark used the brain patterns of Edwin Jarvis as a basis for the J.A.R.V.I.S. program that Tony would end up using. (Unless Tony made J.A.R.V.I.S. himself without any help or influence from Howard's work - it's been a while since I watched the Iron Man films so I can't remember). If there's the slightest chance that this Edwin Jarvis was the basis for J.A.R.V.I.S., and J.A.R.V.I.S. then becomes the Vision, then this 'copy' of Edwin Jarvis might be able to relate to and bond with Captain America. So maybe Vision will have the personality/spirit/soul of Edwin Jarvis.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Found a vid of Bettany's appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel show.
    Paul Bettany Confirms He’s Playing The Vision in AGE OF ULTRON | Badass Digest

I don't know. Marvel didn't do a PR on it yet. But even if it's true, this movie could quickly suffer from too many characters. While it does seem like Vision is restricted to the WW2 era flashback. Thanks to the Human Torch at the World's Fair in The First Avenger, the idea of an android being in existence in that era is a definite likelihood. Perhaps, Jarvis helped build him or they modeled his speech algorithms after him but Vision was lost during some battle. And maybe down the line, he is unearthed in another movie.

I've also seen a rumor Ultron is targeting Wakanda to get some Vibranium.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    This is interesting - there was a human Jarvis in the MCU film continuity, possibly, who might have known Captain America? (As an alternative to the butler who serves the Avengers in the comics.) If I'm understanding this right, then maybe Howard Stark used the brain patterns of Edwin Jarvis as a basis for the J.A.R.V.I.S. program that Tony would end up using. (Unless Tony made J.A.R.V.I.S. himself without any help or influence from Howard's work - it's been a while since I watched the Iron Man films so I can't remember). If there's the slightest chance that this Edwin Jarvis was the basis for J.A.R.V.I.S., and J.A.R.V.I.S. then becomes the Vision, then this 'copy' of Edwin Jarvis might be able to relate to and bond with Captain America. So maybe Vision will have the personality/spirit/soul of Edwin Jarvis.
    It was an Iron Man 2: Public Identity tie-in comic that at least implied that Tony named his artificial intelligence J.A.R.V.I.S. after him. We only known Edwin was around up to the Stark funeral and appeared to pass on shortly after. They've used him in that story only and never really talked about J.A.R.V.I.S.' origins from what I recall.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think Vision is going to be confined to WW2 at all. More than likely what's happening is Paul is playing more than one role. He'll be either the Human Jarvis or Jim Hammond in a 40's flashback to set up the creation of the Vision in the present. I can't possibly imagine them introducing two interconnected characters like Ultron and Vision in the same movie but then leave Vision at nothing more than a flashback cameo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably. I was grasping at a thematic set up showing how they never learn from past mistakes. The folly of trying to create an android named Vision to help Cap during WWII goes horribly wrong then flash forward 70 years later, the folly of trying to create Ultron goes horribly wrong.

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think Vision is going to be confined to WW2 at all. More than likely what's happening is Paul is playing more than one role. He'll be either the Human Jarvis or Jim Hammond in a 40's flashback to set up the creation of the Vision in the present. I can't possibly imagine them introducing two interconnected characters like Ultron and Vision in the same movie but then leave Vision at nothing more than a flashback cameo.
    I don't think you can rule it out given that Pym debuts after Avengers 2. It's possible Vision has an origin distinct from Ultron considering Ultron has an origin distinct from Pym.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True, but in the comics Vision has absolutely nothing to do with World War 2 whatsoever, aside from his body being made from parts of a WW2 android decades later. Like I said it's far more likely that Bettany is playing "human Jarvis" in a flashback, especially since they established that Jarvis was Tony's butler in the 70's in one of the tie-in comics.

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True, but in the comics Vision has absolutely nothing to do with World War 2 whatsoever, aside from his body being made from parts of a WW2 android decades later. Like I said it's far more likely that Bettany is playing "human Jarvis" in a flashback, especially since they established that Jarvis was Tony's butler in the 70's in one of the tie-in comics.
    This is basically what I was getting at - I agree with you. It looks like Paul Bettany is playing the human Jarvis in a WWII flashback, reprising his role as Tony Stark's J.A.R.V.I.S. in the present day (possibly only briefly) and playing the Vision in the present day (an evolution of J.A.R.V.I.S.). The idea is that J.A.R.V.I.S. was based on the human Jarvis, and that the Vision will inherit these personality traits (and possibly the appearance and even the memory of the deceased human Jarvis).
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Always kind of bugs me when superheroes keep getting new, slightly altered outfits with each movie, but I'm really digging Cap's new suit. I didn't have a problem with his Avengers suit like so many others seemed to, but this one looks great.
    I would at least partially assume that some of those changes are practical: after doing the grueling shoots for the other films and especially the stunts, I'm sure the performers have a much better idea of what's comfortable and what isn't and what is better for them physically too.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    RDJ tweeted his first tweet on set!
    https://twitter.com/RobertDowneyJr/s...99625298276352

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's hoping Hulk gets more than one line this time .

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, I doubt we will ever get a more conversing Hulk. I just think Marvel has too much trepidation about a talking Hulk onscreen and think it would sound silly.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast