Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Still confuse if they are going for an old man Pym and Scott Lang will take the role of Ant-Man which is gonna be weird if they are having Janet into the mix unless they will have her as Scott Lang's love interest.........great,

Well seems like we know that the Red Skull might survive after all but makes you wonder where he is.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    Still confuse if they are going for an old man Pym and Scott Lang will take the role of Ant-Man which is gonna be weird if they are having Janet into the mix unless they will have her as Scott Lang's love interest.........great
    Well, he's probably between Selvig and Banner's age I would guess with no real evidence to back myself up with. Is it 100% confirmed Janet is involved? I don't recall anything other than the casting rumor.

Well seems like we know that the Red Skull might survive after all but makes you wonder where he is.
    He could have been sent anywhere in theory. I think Muspelheim would be the most fitting, imo.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 8, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I'm correct about reading the statements from Wright dating back to around the time of Hot Fuzz and pre production of Iron Man, he said the film was going to take place in both time periods. He confirmed both Pym and Lang were in the film, and that's about it. The news of Janet and lack of Ultron is new, though I don't think Ultron would fit in the film since it sounds like they really were just exploring the fun of the superpower then having to deal with a villain. Now whether that is flashbacks to the past, or the entire first half of the film is a period piece that takes us to current times, I do not know.

It was always supposed to be about Hank Pym and then onto Scott Lang. We have to remember this was going to be a standalone film, NO other heroes, No MCU, I believe at one point Wright mentioned alot of shrinking and giantess films in an interview. Which led people to believe that Pym might be able to grow to Giant Man as well.

Here are two archival interviews for you "SOURCES" folks:

Edgar Wright Finally Updates Marvel's Ant-Man! | FirstShowing.net

Exclusive: Edgar Wright Talks Ant Man | Movie News | Empire

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    Still confuse if they are going for an old man Pym and Scott Lang will take the role of Ant-Man which is gonna be weird if they are having Janet into the mix unless they will have her as Scott Lang's love interest.........great,
    It wouldn't be the first time they've changed the source material. But it's also worth noting the rumor about Rashida Jones playing the Wasp is just that, a rumor. Nobody from the production team has confirmed that Wasp is even in the film.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time they've changed the source material. But it's also worth noting the rumor about Rashida Jones playing the Wasp is just that, a rumor. Nobody from the production team has confirmed that Wasp is even in the film.
    Well not much the character Wasp but Janet Van Dyne.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The casting call, courtesy of Bleedingcool. A young girl, aged 6-9 is listed at the top, possibly Scott Lang's daughter Cassie (who grows up to be a member of the Young Avengers).

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    The casting call, courtesy of Bleedingcool. A young girl, aged 6-9 is listed at the top, possibly Scott Lang's daughter Cassie (who grows up to be a member of the Young Avengers).
    Interesting. If it is Cassie, I recall she was the reason Scott stole the suit in the first place in the comics.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 8, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With the news of the "urban" characters being explored on t.v., I wonder if they will introduce some gangster types in this film. Maybe time for the Maggia to appear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wright continues to hype up the film:

Edgar Wright Explains How ANT-MAN Will Stand Out

Edit: Wright continues his love for Ant-Man:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=90422
    Last edited by the greenman; 11-23-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now Paul Rudd is front runner for Pym: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/?a=90518This also seemingly confirms that Lang is secondary to Pym. Now to wonder if this is a period piece.