Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Clown Prince is offline My God carries a big Hammer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    For Wednesday's box office The Avengers pulled in another $13,612,910 for a total of $257,627,807!
    It set a new record for fastest to $250 million (6 days). Up next for it's next record to break is The Dark Knight's fastest to $300 million done in 10 days.

Regarding Box Office Guru's guess for $98 million this weekend, that's probably about spot on. Most movies in their second weekend fall anywhere from 40%, 50%, and even 60% depending on how popular/well recieved the movie is. $98 million is more than a 50% drop ($207 million opening) so I can see The Avengers possibly pulling in another $100 million or slightly less this weekend.
    "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf in 'The Fellowship of the Ring'

The Clown Prince is offline My God carries a big Hammer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another The Avengers update. Thursdays numbers earned it another $12,391,566 while Friday saw it jump to $29,124,000. It's Friday to Friday total is now $299,143,000 which will earn it the fastest to $300 million record in 8 days. The previous record was done in 10 days (The Dark Knight).
    "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf in 'The Fellowship of the Ring'

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    I'm not worried Dark Shadows will fail, I'm worried Battleship will succeed, and we'll get about 30 board game based movies next summer.
    We'll probably get 15 or less of those, TBH with you. Still, Yeah... Avengers (and any movie just as good, if not just good enough), you get those ******* legs right now and put this Michael Bay-esque noise in its place, ok?!
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png
    BEWARE PANDERING ALWAYS. It leads to fascism.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    $44.5M for on Saturday The Avengers according to Nikki.

But The Avengers is now guaranteed at least $101M to $104M record breaking 2nd weekend!:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/dark...s/#more-270409
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

Zen Man is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Lawson View Post
    And thus, there is now no doubt whatsoever that Disney received a great deal for Marvel in 2009 when they purchased Marvel for $4 billion. This movie alone is going to pay off, not just now from box office revenue now, but from merchandising, home video releases, etc. for many years into the future. The Dark Knight Rises, IMO, will definitely have to rise up to the challenge in July to both top $200 million in a single weekend, and also outpace The Avengers' opening. Opening in July should help The Dark Knight Rises though.
    You think The Mouse is pleased?

Btw, does Disney get all the revenue this time, or does Paramount still get a percentage of the box office? I mean the Paramount logo is on the posters and appears during the opening of the film.
    Last edited by Zen Man; 05-13-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dark Shadows is failing hard.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234