• 1/2

1 1.72%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Movie will likely have the top opening box office weekend of all time.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw it and loved it! Perfectly balanced script with everyone getting equal screentime (except maybe Hawkeye). Great characterizations all around! Great action! Loved The Hulk! Scarlett was hot! The movie kicked butt!

One question: When Cap and Iron Man were communicating while fixing the Hellicarrier engine seperately, how was it that they were communicating? I know Iron Man, Fury and the SHIELD agents have their communication devices, but I don't recall seeing Cap and Thor given or wearing any earpieces or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklordavaitor View Post
    Er, there's only one writer, and he's also the director- Joss Whedon

Actually I believe there were two writers: Whedon and Zak Penn.

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Movie will likely have the top opening box office weekend of all time.
    Well, any film with a five year build-up deserves it. At least it delivered on all the hype. My only minor gripe was the ending with the Stark building obvoiusly refrencing the formation of the soon to be Mansion left the letter "A" on the building. I kinda thought they would cap that with adding a CGI "VENGERS" and fade to black and roll into credits. Oh well.

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are assembled.

Wow.

....What? I got to say more? Okay then.

Wonderful. There's no way I couldn't dislike this. We've come a long way, not just since the first Iron-Man movie, but of all things, the first Blade movie. Comic book movies have been skating uphill for a while now, and they finally beat the odds and made it to the top.

I think what I liked most about the movie is how nearly everyone had a confrontation of some sort with Loki.

Spoiler:
    He was a god, and proved to be pretty strong, but he kept underestimating them, and it came back to bite him every time. Getting outplayed by Widow, getting blasted by Phil and Tony, catching Hawkeye's arrow only for it to blow up in his face, and...

Yeah, the Hulk swinging him around like a ragdoll speaks for itself. Don't try and outtalk this guy. He ain't listening.

Spoiler:
    The death of Phil Coulson was a shock. he was not in every movie, but he felt like such a key character that it's not surprising that his death was something of a catalyst. That final push to get them going since they already knew how crazy things were.

This is the culmination of years of work for Marvel. If DC had their renaissance with the DCAU, then Marvel had reached its Nadir with the Marvel Cinematic universe.

Bravo gentlemen. Bravo.
    The Hypocrite Rises....

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woah. Saw "The Avengers" today. I think it's safe to say that this is Marvel's "The Dark Knight". As a life long DC Comics, Marvel us really kicking their but in the film industry. Only thing DC got is Nolan's Batman.

Everything was brilliantly plotted, I really liked Loki as the main antagonist, he was very manipulative and overall fun, liked him a lot. But dang it why did he have to kill Coulson?

I thought Captain America was great here too, he's probably my favorite Avenger.

A tad dissapointed at the lack of Hawkeye, he spent most of the movie brainwashed by Loki. Hope they develop him more in Avengers 2.

Hulk stole the show IMO. I loved all his one liners "Puny God", "That's my secret cap, I'm always angry"

Black Widow was pretty BA, it was awesome when she hijacked that alien ship. She also provided the eye candy

On Avengers 2,

Spoiler:
    I think the sequel will obviously be Thanos and the Infinity Gaunlet, really excited by this as Thanos, as he is one of my favorite Marvel Villians. They also seem to be setting up a Civil War with Authorities talking about the Avengers being a threat to civilians.

Anyways, this is the one of the best comic book movies ever made IMO, Encore! Encore! Bring on Avengers 2.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

EroSennin is offline The Frog Hermit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome movie! Not only was this the best comic movie but the best action movie since .... Well ever. The action scenes got better and better as it went peaking at that huge team up at the end and there was plenty of comedy. When Hulk smashed Loki like a rag doll I could barely hear his "puny god" line over the crowds and my own laughing. The only thing I was hoping to see and didn't was Thor and Stark drinking together but hey theres always the sequel.
    "Winter is coming." "Bango Skank was here." "The enemy gate is down" "Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." “Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.”

Wounded_Dragon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If there's any complaint I could have about this movie, it's that Hulk's "sanity" went unexplained. It's like a switch was thrown after the first incident. I guess they just ran out of time to explain it.

I really like how Cap was used. With Iron Man's popularity I was worried that he'd be the leader but even if he's a heavy hitter he deferred to Cap when he needed to at the end.

As soon as possible I'm so getting that shot for my desktop, the one with all the Avengers confronting Loki as he wakes up. Nice framing on that.
    Playing: DC Universe Online(PS3) Boycott Tier 6!
    Watching: *Netflix backlog*

At least 15 percent of the moviegoing audience experiences headache and eyestrain during 3-D movies. I'm one of them. And no, I don't need corrective eyewear.

Mek
    Mek is offline Digestive Juices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was an alright movie. Not 'ZOMG THE BEST EVAR!!!!!!!11!~!', and not one of my top 5 favorite films either. Just alright. For the amount of material they had to work with, I thought they did do an admirable job, at least.

My issue was some pacing and plot points, like the Hulk's sudden sanity as mentioned above. Thor felt like he didn't get as much time, but I suppose that's negligible. At least Black Widow and Hawkeye got a substantial amount of development, considering the bit parts they had in previous films.

I'm going to be generous and give it 4 out of 5.
    Tumblr | DeviantArt

All will be well.

Bryangst is offline JERK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded_Dragon View Post
    If there's any complaint I could have about this movie, it's that Hulk's "sanity" went unexplained. It's like a switch was thrown after the first incident. I guess they just ran out of time to explain it.
    From what I understand there will be 30 minutes worth of deleted scenes when it hits DVD and BD. Hopefully there is something in there that will explain his sudden sanity.

Darklordavaitor is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Fan Beyond View Post
    Actually I believe there were two writers: Whedon and Zak Penn.
    From what I understand, Penn only helped with the story.
    My blog! Currently reviewing every How I Met Your Mother episode, as well as the odd album review or two