Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
    Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I think it'd be nice to have an Ant-Man movie that sets both him and Wasp up for Avengers membership. But for now it seems like the next trinity movies (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2) are the big pieces of the second phase for the movie universe.

Not to rule out an Ant-Man movie, but I don't think we should be expecting it anytime soon.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    I think it'd be nice to have an Ant-Man movie that sets both him and Wasp up for Avengers membership. But for now it seems like the next trinity movies (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2) are the big pieces of the second phase for the movie universe.

Not to rule out an Ant-Man movie, but I don't think we should be expecting it anytime soon.
    I'm hoping for Ant-Man in 2015. They still have to announce the movie reserved for the May 30, 2014 slot. Plus Avengers 2 isn't set in stone, it's ~2015 to 2016. I'd like to see two years of movies then the Avengers sequel in 2016 but it's easy to see they want to capitalize on Avengers' success sooner than later.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: September 21, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    It's been six years since Wright got attached to Ant-Man and the movie hasn't really had any traction at all. Just not a priority at the moment. The soonest we could even see it at this point is 2014 . . . almost 8 years after it was first announced? Eh I dunno. I think it's more likely Ant-Man/Hank Pym/Giant Man gets introduced in a cameo role in one of these other movies similar to Hawkeye.
    That seems to be based on solely on your personal distaste for the character which you have expressed in other threads.

Hate to sound like a broken record here, but the fact is as I've stated that they want to do the movie, it's just that The Avengers got in the way. They also had a contract with Wright who probably was on as producer and held the rights to the character for all we know. Remember this predated Marvel's assimilation into Disney and Iron Man. MARVEL Studios want to do Ant Man and they already have a finished script, and Stan Lee has even put his stamp of approval whatever that's worth. It's all in the timing.

Right now, Marvel has to really set up Avengers 2, but this time it won't be so haphazardly thrown together now that we got all the origins out of the way. As I stated, I believe they will be setting up the formation of the Infiinty Gauntlet and more than likely each film will feature a gem at least five of them. IM3, Thor 2, Cap 2, and probably Dr. Strange. Ant Man can fit in there nice if they do his film in 2014 as the next member and dealing with another gem. Besides they need another chick in the Avengers.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Joss Whedon did a wrap-up interview about Avengers with /Film and he mentioned what influenced his use of Thanos during the credits.

Joss Whedon: He for me is the most powerful and fascinating Marvel villain. He’s the great grand daddy of the badasses and he’s in love with death and I just think that’s so cute. For me, the greatest Avengers was THE AVENGERS annual that Jim Starlin did followed by THE THING 2 in 1 that contained the death of Adam Warlock. Those were some of the most important texts and I think underrated milestones in Marvel history and Thanos is all over that, so somebody had to be in control and had to be behind Loki’s work and I was like “It’s got to be Thanos.” And they said “Okay” and I’m like “Oh my God!”
    The 2 comics mentioned, Avengers Annual #7 and Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 seem like they would be prime candidates for integration into an Avengers sequel of some sort, though the use of Spider-Man and Thing in the later might need a lot more tweaking to make it work. It also brings up the idea of Captain Marvel himself being adapted into the MCU, which I had never thought about.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    Joss Whedon did a wrap-up interview about Avengers with /Film and he mentioned what influenced his use of Thanos during the credits.

The 2 comics mentioned, Avengers Annual #7 and Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 seem like they would be prime candidates for integration into an Avengers sequel of some sort, though the use of Spider-Man and Thing in the later might need a lot more tweaking to make it work. It also brings up the idea of Captain Marvel himself being adapted into the MCU, which I had never thought about.
    Not just Captain Marvel, but Adam Warlock -- who's even cooler!

Sounds good, but if it happens, it may not take place until Avengers 3, since it sounds pretty epic and Whedon has said that the next film would be a more quiet story compared to the first with more character development. But who knows?

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    This article states otherwise,

http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-...ers-carl-6766/

though if you have seen one where Marvel Studios says they have the rights to Cable please post it.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118001734?refCatId=13

Stating that Marvel Studios are looking fro writers for the movie adaptations of lesser known characters with Cable listed as one of the projects. But since your article is more recent I tend to believe it.

AlgeaX is offline Oh, hello?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118001734?refCatId=13

Stating that Marvel Studios are looking fro writers for the movie adaptations of lesser known characters with Cable listed as one of the projects. But since your article is more recent I tend to believe it.
    Hmm... I'm not really sure how you can do Cable divorced from the X-verse?

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige talks about the next five films from Disney & Marvel Studios:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/marv...5-films-video/
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlgeaX View Post
    Hmm... I'm not really sure how you can do Cable divorced from the X-verse?
    Probably an exception like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver - Don't mention mutant nor X-Men connections. He's just some guy from the future. ...Yeah, don't think we'll be seeing a Cable movie anytime soon neither.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: September 21, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)