Viper is offline I'll Never Forget You Two!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jaws Swims on to Blu-Ray August, 2012!!!

Like This Thread!
    Everyone, I found this out recently on comingsoon.net.

As part of Universal's Centennial series, Jaws will be swimming on to Blu-Ray for the first time on August 14, 2012. From what I saw on amazon for extras, it'll contain everything from the 2005 30th Anniversary edition plus a new documentary titled "The Shark is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of Jaws" plus the return of the original theatrical trailer.

If no one's ever bought this movie, you'll soon have another chance to. It's one of the best movies of all time.

As for me, I think I'll keep my 30th Anniversary Edition set.:anime:
    Best Kim Possible Dialogue:
    Kim(to Ron): You're weird.
    Ron(embarrassed) Kim.
    Kim: Shhh. I like weird.

Most Memorable Winx Club Dialogue:
    Dark Bloom: Why don't you fight?! Or is it because I'm more powerful than the five of you combined?!

Flora(furious at the Trix for hurting Rose): SHE WAS MY SISTER!!!!!

Boy Wonder is offline An old geezer from the north!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Best Buy would bring up the deal again about trading in DVD for BD, that BD would be a good bargain! Otherwise, I might keep the DVD.
    --- "I was a three bird a day pussycat until BA helped me out!"

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My #3 favorite movie of all-time? You can bet I'm buying this.

I watched a video on the restoration recently, and it looks fantastic. I just hope that Brody's famous "Smile, you sonofa--" line is properly restored to its entirety. The DVD release I have has the end of the line clipped off in the sound mix. Not that it would keep me from getting the Blu-Ray. Just bugs me to not hear it anymore.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, The Flash, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Hanshotfirst1138 is online now Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24
    My #3 favorite movie of all-time? You can bet I'm buying this.

I watched a video on the restoration recently, and it looks fantastic. I just hope that Brody's famous "Smile, you sonofa--" line is properly restored to its entirety. The DVD release I have has the end of the line clipped off in the sound mix. Not that it would keep me from getting the Blu-Ray. Just bugs me to not hear it anymore.
    I have the 30th anniversary version with the original mono mix, I believe that's how Spielberg and the sound guys originally mixed it. This'll be GORGEOUS on Blu-Ray! It'd better have the original mono track though.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death