Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TheFZAtUGSOnline is offline Galactic Guardian since 2010
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Largely enough, did see the special. Kudos to the FOX broadcasting network for a great 25 years, this makes TheWB and UPN look like nothing but Cole-Miners (As in Michael) slipping in mud. Too bad FOXKids never got noded. Aside from some good moments, one of mine was the introduction of the mascot of the HUGLY popular FOX NFL Sunday (Cleatus) amd he still reigns the NFL season BarNone! Although outside the box, i think Kurt, Mike, Howie, Jimmy, Terry, and Frank should get noded sometime in the future... But anyways, Happy 25 years FOX Broadcasting Company - May the ashes of the now dead Metromedia network continue to reflect on the glory of your name... End Point.
    --The FZ
    You know the rest...
    I'm out!

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFZAtUGSOnline View Post
    Largely enough, did see the special. Kudos to the FOX broadcasting network for a great 25 years, this makes TheWB and UPN look like nothing but Cole-Miners (As in Michael) slipping in mud. Too bad FOXKids never got noded.
    Why would it? I know it was a part of the network, but the special focused mainly on prime time shows. Though I'll admit that during the sports segment, when "Fox Box" was mentioned, I thought that was in reference to the Fox Box that we knew, but no, it had something to do with football.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Silverstar is offline The Hub is Dead to Me Now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFZAtUGSOnline
    Too bad FOXKids never got nodded.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Eagle
    Why would it? I know it was a part of the network, but the special focused mainly on prime time shows.
    Not to mention that Fox no longer has the broadcasting rights to any of the Fox Kids shows (most of them are currently locked away in the bowels of the Disney fortress), so the network couldn't spotlight the Fox Kids lineup even if they wanted to.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

TMC1982 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The suposedly "best" (or top ten) and "worst" (from The Swan to Models Inc.) shows in Fox's 25 year history.

Silverstar is offline The Hub is Dead to Me Now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC1982 View Post
    The suposedly "best" (or top ten) and "worst" (from The Swan to Models Inc.) shows in Fox's 25 year history.
    Glad to see Parker Lewis Can't Lose got an honorable mention on the "best" list. PLCL wasn't the greatest show on TV, but it was one of the few high school sitcoms that I genuinely enjoyed, mostly due to its' surreal 'live-action cartoon' quality (up until the producers ruined the show by toning down the surrealism in the final season).

Hopefully some cable station will pick up the series someday.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really glad that they showed That 70s Show on the special. I loved that show. Malcolm in the Middle was great too.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox View Post
    Sad that neither King of the Hill nor Futurama got any spotlight, though.
    Actually, there was a short clip from King of the Hill. You are right about Futurama though; there was absolutely nothing (in the special itself) for it.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 8/18 - Animazement 2014)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC1982 View Post
    About what the "best" list said about Firefly:

On the other hand, FOX was clearly terrified of the show once Whedon started making it; they shelved the pilot episode that introduced this strange world and all of its characters, forcing viewers to jump in with a second episode that was less expositional and less compelling overall.

That really hit home with me. Like I said, I had no recollection of this show ever airing, and four years ago, two people were telling me about how great the show was. So I checked it out by renting the DVDs and started off with the wrong episode, then watched a couple more episodes and I just wasn't feeling it. Then a couple of years later, I try streaming it on Netflix and started with the true first episode (which I didn't know it was back then) and that totally changed everything. I actually cared about the characters and saw the whole series through the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    Glad to see Parker Lewis Can't Lose got an honorable mention on the "best" list. PLCL wasn't the greatest show on TV, but it was one of the few high school sitcoms that I genuinely enjoyed, mostly due to its' surreal 'live-action cartoon' quality (up until the producers ruined the show by toning down the surrealism in the final season).

Hopefully some cable station will pick up the series someday.
    Yeah, too bad the third and final season didn't make it to DVD. I'd like to see it.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    Actually, there was a short clip from King of the Hill. You are right about Futurama though; there was absolutely nothing (in the special itself) for it.
    It wouldn't be suprising, considering how it's now on Comedy Central, which would mean promoting another network's product, and the fact that they weren't too subtle in their dissing of Fox (Torgo's Executive Powder, anyone?).

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    the fact that they weren't too subtle in their dissing of Fox (Torgo's Executive Powder, anyone?).
    Um, Fox showed a sizzle reel of shows "dissing of Fox", so I doubt that would be it.
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123