Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Dan's Revenge is offline Revengeful
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    The game you are referring to was 2 afternoon games, the firts being at 12 PM and the second being at 4:30 PM (though it was actually scheduled to start at 3:30 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation. I really tried to search for the start times before making that post, but just couldn't find them, so I went out on a limb on the assumption that #2 was at night. I don't remember much about that day, but I sure do remember the 30-3 result

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Philly/D-backs game was something. Arizona went into the top of the 9th leading 9-0, and the first 6 Phillies reached. Single, Double (9-1), Single, Home run (9-4) Home run (9-5). [pitching change] single. The next two up ended the game pretty quickly with a ground-ball double play, and then a grounder. D-backs won 9-5

Jake Peavy pitched a complete game 3-hitter. White Sox defeated the A's 4-0. 2 straight shut-outs for the White Sox, having both starting pitchers combined, go 18 innings and only surrendering 3 hits (Peavy), 2 walks (Peavy)

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This thread has been deadball for a bit.

Yankees have been struggling lately. So many injures... we have no Brett Gardner (no stolen bases), no David Robertson and Joba (possibly), Pineda and Mariano Rivera are out for the entire year.

We rely on Freddy Garcia in the bullpen and always expect to lose the lead whenever he's pitching. He's been horrible, like Phil Hughes, but Phil is doing a tiny bit better this year.

A-Rod has been A-Fraud. Tex is starting to get hot. Jeter is classic. Ibanez is super clutch. CC's been off. Kuroda has trouble pitching to the AL East, usually.

The team doesn't know how to score in RISP.

Best part: We are two games out of first place in the AL East and over .500.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, but I have to bump.

Yanks had a 10 game lead in July... now, tied with the Fighting Showalters at the top of the AL East. Rays right behind them. BoSox snuck out of it, made a big blockbuster this past month and there's rumblings of Bobby V. being fired soon.

Tigers haven't been able to pull through and take the lead from the White Sox. Hawk probably didn't like it that they lost to the last place Twins, 17-9 yesterday. D. Wise threw a shutout inning and Phil Humber has been a disaster since the perfecto. Royals in 3rd, Indians might be in 5th, thanks to the Chris Rose curse.

Surprising Slugging A's behind the Rangers in the AL West. Just like the Tigers, the Angels and AL MVP/ROY... heck, Cy Young too, Mike Trout hasn't been able to put everything together. Don't sleep on the M's, 5 games under .500.

Nats have to rely without Stephen Strasburg, who's been shut down on the 12th. Braves and Chip in 2nd, followed by the Fighting Phils, in 3rd. They traded a lot of good pieces away in the trade deadline. Mets and Marlins in 4th and 5th.

Reds and Chapman in 1st in the NL Central, followed by the Cards. Pirates were in 2nd for a while, but have cooled off. Luckily, they aren't out of the wildcard and are over .500. Brew Crew might make a late push. Cubs and 93-loss Astros in the cellar with a rookie manager.

Even with all the trades, the Dodgers are looking up at the Giants. The D-backs and Padres are in 3rd and 4th. The Padres are going to be my sleeper pick for the NL Wild Card next year. The Rockies have been a disaster this year, pitching wise. It's a year to forget.

Going to list my award predictions.

AL MVP: Mike Trout (LAA)
    NL MVP: Andrew McCutchen (PIT)
    AL Cy Young: Felix Hernandez (SEA)
    NL Cy Young: Aroldis Chapman (CIN)
    AL Rookie of the Year: Mike Trout (LAA)
    NL Rookie of the Year: Todd Fraizer (CIN)
    AL Manager of the Year: Buck Showalter (BAL)
    NL Manager of the Year: Davey Johnson (WAS)
    AL Comeback Player of the Year: Adam Dunn (CWS)
    NL Comeback Player of the Year: Buster Posey (SF)
    Last edited by WMania; 09-05-2012 at 04:50 PM.

RedNinja84 is offline Hotness 2.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey about them Reds? Looking forward to a successful postseason.
    2009 TZ Fantasy Football League Champion
    2007 ToonZone Fantasy Baseball League Champion
    "Don't take life too seriously, You'll never get out Alive." Bugs Bunny
    Check out my new blog: Redtiger1984 New review is The Artist
    http://redtiger1984.hubpages.com/
    Follow me on twitter: Redtiger1984

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And now they have Votto back.

Punisher is offline One Shot At Glory
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As an Orioles fan, this season has been beyond my wildest expectations. I'm getting greedy now, I want the playoffs. Doing my part and going to a couple games this month.
    "There comes a time in your life when you have to make a decision, you have to choose. Do you want to wear Armani suits? Or do you want to take care of orphans?" Me, I choose to wear Armani suits. Let somebody else take care of those spoiled brats."-Kurt Angle

Moto Pete is offline Do You Believe!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As a Tigers fan ..... this season has been a disappointment.
    2008, 2010 & 2011 TOONZONE FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION
    Owner: Moto Pete

****** Now 2009 Guidelines compliant ****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yanks lost last night. Good for them. I hope we win next 3.

EroSennin is offline The Frog Hermit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yankees lost tonight on what must be the worst call by a first base ump since Jim Joyce blew Galarragas perfect game. Teixeras entire upper body was past the bag before the ball got to the bag.
    "Winter is coming." "Bango Skank was here." "The enemy gate is down" "Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." “Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.”

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If this doesn't lead to exdented replay, I don't know what will. You are now messing with the Yankees, now that one of the big teams got screwed, I don't think Selig has anymore choice.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast