The Clown Prince is offline My God carries a big Hammer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Weekend Box Office: 'Hunger Games' goes back for fourths!

Like This Thread!
    For the fourth weekend in a row, The Hunger Games was the number one movie earning another $21.5 million! Still dominating the box office and possibly being the top grosser of 2012, The Hunger Games total is now up to $337 million!

Debuting in second place to a pretty decent number was the Farrelly brothers PG rated The Three Stooges which opened to $17.1 million. With a reported budget of $30 million, it’ll more than likely earn that back.

Joss Whedon’s long delayed The Cabin in the Woods opened in third place with $14.8 million.

Coming in fourth was Titanic 3D with $11.6 million and a $44.4 million total.

And rounding out the top 5 is American Reunion with $10.7 million and a $39.9 million total.

Also opening this weekend was Lockout which opened in ninth place with $6.2 million.

After the much publicized ratings battle with the MPAA, the Weinstein Brothers produced documentary Bully now with a PG-13 rating opened in 158 theaters in fifthteenth place with $534,000.

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax became the second film of 2012 to reach the $200 million mark!

Out of the top 12 is Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (13th) which finally made it to the $100 million mark, Safe House (17th), and John Carter (18th) which leaves with making $346,000 this weekend and making in total $68.7 million on a reported budget of $250 million.

Opening next weekend are three new movies first up is The Lucky One (rated PG-13) starring Zac Efron, Taylor Schilling, Jay R. Ferguson, Riley Thomas Stewart, Adam Lefevre, and Blythe Danner.

Next is Think Like a Man (rated PG-13) with Michael Ealy, Jerry Ferrara, Meagan Good, Regina Hall, Kevin Hart, Taraji P. Henson, Terrence J, Jenifer Lewis, Romany Malco, Gary Owen, and
    Gabrielle Union.

And finally is the next installment in the Disney Nature series Chimpanzee (rated PG).
    Here are your numbers….

1) The Hunger Games- $21,500,000 ($337,070,000)
    2) The Three Stooges- $17,100,000 ($17,100,000) NEW!
    3) The Cabin in the Woods- $14,850,000 ($14,850,000) NEW!
    4) Titanic 3D- $11,625,000 ($44,419,000)
    5) American Reunion- $10,700,000 ($39,900,000)
    6) Mirror Mirror- $7,000,000 ($49,468,000)
    7) Wrath of the Titans- $6,905,000 ($71,251,000)
    8) 21 Jump Street- $6,800,000 ($120,565,000)
    9) Lockout- $6,250,000 ($6,250,000) NEW!
    10) Dr. Seuss‘ The Lorax- $3,020,000 ($204,483,000)
    11) The Raid: Redemption- $1,003,000 ($2,568,000)
    12) Salmon Fishing In Yemen- $911,000 ($6,087,000)

15) Bully (PG-13)- $534,000 ($534,000) NEW!
    "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf in 'The Fellowship of the Ring'

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't see anything that can topple it next week.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's all come to this! Winnie cannot restore the Harpers' memories, but more may be at stake than that! Don't miss the explosive climax of Love That Winnie!

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    You know at this point I do kind of hope The Hunger Games stays on top until The Avengers since really it being over taken by another movie until then just feels... wrong. I mean it being out preformed even in it's 5th week by say Think Like A Man or The Lucky One would be kind of embarrassing. Yeah I know it can't hold onto the top forever but really at least let it be taken out by another big important movie not what seem like more fluff or meh efforts.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Three Stooges was far, FAR, better than expected. Outside of a little rude (yet hilariously pulled off) humor, it remained faithful to the original shorts, right down to the sound effects and cheap f/x that the originals were known for. I hope it makes enough back to make a sequel because I'd like to see another adventure with the new actors.

PeppeRaskell1 is offline Roaster of Bad Piggies!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    You know at this point I do kind of hope The Hunger Games stays on top until The Avengers since really it being over taken by another movie until then just feels... wrong. I mean it being out preformed even in it's 5th week by say Think Like A Man or The Lucky One would be kind of embarrassing. Yeah I know it can't hold onto the top forever but really at least let it be taken out by another big important movie not what seem like more fluff or meh efforts.
    Yeah. Unless The Three Stooges gets a sudden surge in business this weekend (the reviews for that flick have been mostly good ones), Hunger Games will rule the next week or two, and then Tony Stark and his boys will finally take it down.
    "Legends never die. Networks kill them..."

"Crimefighters...don't cry...(HONK!)"

"あなたの弾丸は私に害を与えることができない。私の翼は鋼鉄の盾のようである!"

"This is my childhood. Don't mess with my childhood..."

"You just became part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet..."

The Clown Prince is offline My God carries a big Hammer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's looking like The Hunger Games will lose it's number one spot come Sunday. Friday numbers indicate that Think Like A Man will be number one this weekend followed by Nicolas Sparks' latest book to movie adaptation The Lucky One....

1) Think Like A Man- $12.2 million
    2) The Lucky One- $9.1 million
    3) The Hunger Games- $4 million ($346.4 million)
    4) Chimpanzee- $3.5 million
    5) The Cabin in the Woods- $2.4 million ($21.7 million)
    "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf in 'The Fellowship of the Ring'

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clown Prince View Post
    It's looking like The Hunger Games will lose it's number one spot come Sunday. Friday numbers indicate that Think Like A Man will be number one this weekend followed by Nicolas Sparks' latest book to movie adaptation The Lucky One....

1) Think Like A Man- $12.2 million
    2) The Lucky One- $9.1 million
    3) The Hunger Games- $4 million ($346.4 million)
    4) Chimpanzee- $3.5 million
    5) The Cabin in the Woods- $2.4 million ($21.7 million)
    A 2-spot drop, now that's a bit surprising.

I wonder if this means Kevin Hart officially has "star power" seeing that he was arguably the main draw of "Think Like A Man". Then again, it's only made 12 million, so maybe not.