Quantcast
    Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

A new comedy series from ABC makes its world television debut tonight at 9:31 PM Eastern. Created by Nahnatchka Khan(American Dad), the show is about a woman named June, who moves to New York City to pursue her dream job, only to find out it doesn't exist. She ends up moving in with a girl named Chloe, who is a party girl and a con-artist. The show was originally titled Don't Trust the ***** in Apartment 23 and was developed at FOX in 2009 before they passed on it. I've read some mixed reviews for it, so it could be good. Tune in for yourself.

Episode 1.01: "Pilot"

June, an optimistic girl from the heartland, moves to New York and is forced to move in with party girl Chloe, who has "the morals of a pirate."

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    iTunes had the first two episodes up for free, and I already watched it and it quickly became one of my new favourite comedies. It reminds me of 2 Broke Girls with the naive blonde moving in with the witty, street smart brunette, except it's way funnier and better written. Chloe's twisted ways is funny as hell to watch, as is June's reactions. The supporting characters like their two creepy neighbors and James Van der Beek are hilarious too. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

Aquadementia is offline Santa makes a jailbreak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I thought I'd watch a few minutes and then switch, but I stuck with it to the end.
    It does have it's points of interest. The rivalries and one-up-man-ships. The problems and their solutions are rather original. Characters aren't predictable, there is always a little extra something to them.

ABC is trying to be a bit edgy.
    Nudity, sex and drunken children.

And they're playing with the B word.
    Now they say their other show GCB stands for "Good Christian Belles." But they were trying to hint the B stood for something else.
    I should admit that I did watch a couple of episodes of GCB, because it was so trashy I couldn't stop. Like a Joan Collins/Linda Evans slapfest. I could say I only watched because of Annie Potts, who had at least on brilliant scene where she didn't say a word. But I doin't think that would be completely honest.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    iTunes had the first two episodes up for free, and I already watched it and it quickly became one of my new favourite comedies. It reminds me of 2 Broke Girls with the naive blonde moving in with the witty, street smart brunette, except it's way funnier and better written. Chloe's twisted ways is funny as hell to watch, as is June's reactions. The supporting characters like their two creepy neighbors and James Van der Beek are hilarious too. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.
    Yeah, James Van der Beek playing himself using his Dawson's Creek fame to get girls.
    Things like that might make this show more cable competitive.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Darn, I missed this on TV yesterday. That being said, I'm a huge fan of James Van der Beek, so I'll watch it on demand later in the day. Nice to hear the positive things about this show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A new episode airs tonight at 9:31 PM Eastern.

Episode 1.02: "Daddy's Girl..."

June reluctantly agrees to let Chloe set her up on a date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 1.03: "Parent Trap..."

An already-busy June must fix Chloe's mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 1.04: "The Wedding..."

June is devastated when she receives a wedding invitation addressed to her and her ex-fiance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 1.05: "Making Rent..."

June tries to sell homemade jam to make extra money, but things get sticky when Chloe gets involved.