Search the Site:
Loading...
Follow Us:
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 164
  1. #101
    Spideyzilla's Avatar
    Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,127
    Blog Entries
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

    Wow, the Blues against the ropes? They were my pick to win since the playoffs began.

  2. #102
    bigddan11's Avatar
    bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    14,939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for the lack of updates. I was out of town Monday-Wednesday and didn't feel like getting on yesterday. All scores for the second round series have been updated.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

    http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

  3. #103
    Wonderwall's Avatar
    Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well Caps tied the series. I'm really being entertained by this one the most I think probably because it's the most evenly contested one of the semi finals.

  4. #104
    Wonderwall's Avatar
    Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LA got their brooms out and swept St. Louis and are now onto the Conference Finals. They look really scary right now.

    Edit: Also Philly is on the ropes. Not a bad birthday present for old man Brodeur.

  5. #105
    rggkjg1's Avatar
    rggkjg1 is offline Cavill = Welling?
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Metropolis (in ruins)
    Posts
    3,109
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    alrighty, looks like every team that is supposedly better on paper has lost every round/series. who's better on paper in kings/coyotes? please tell me it's the kings. them winning the cup will just make this worse.

    i think james van riemsdyk and sergei bobrovsky will get traded this off seaon. the flyers need to stock up on defense. timonen and pronger arent getting any younger and carle is most likely gone. van riemsdyk is taking way too long to develop and we should just ditch him now while he has some good value. if bobrovsky is capable of being a legit starter, he won't get his chance here. just trade him.
    Drop everything you are doing and google "michael keaton birdman". They are making a BIRDMAN movie starring MICHAEL KEATON. (supposedly not related to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman)

    BIRDMAN
    OCTOBER 2014

  6. #106
    bigddan11's Avatar
    bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    14,939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1 View Post
    alrighty, looks like every team that is supposedly better on paper has lost every round/series. who's better on paper in kings/coyotes? please tell me it's the kings. them winning the cup will just make this worse.

    i think james van riemsdyk and sergei bobrovsky will get traded this off seaon. the flyers need to stock up on defense. timonen and pronger arent getting any younger and carle is most likely gone. van riemsdyk is taking way too long to develop and we should just ditch him now while he has some good value. if bobrovsky is capable of being a legit starter, he won't get his chance here. just trade him.
    You can't rely on paper stats, and if you did actually rely on paper stats, then you would have seen that the Kings had won the regular season series against both Vancouver and St. Louis. However I can give you no such reassurances. The Kings and Coyotes split the regular season series 3-3. Out of those 6 games, 3 went into Overtime with one going into a shootout. Every one of the games was decided by 1 goal (except for the first meeting on October 20, which was 2-0 Kings). They are about even in every aspect. However you can't deny this stat. The Los Angeles Kings have become the first ever 8-seed to knock out the 1 and the 2 seed in the same NHL Playoffs. If they can knock out the Coyotes, they'll have knocked out the 1, 2, and 3 seeds.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

    http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

  7. #107
    Spideyzilla's Avatar
    Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,127
    Blog Entries
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, so long Philly. Big surprise IMO. Don't worry only another eight or so years with Bryzgalov.

  8. #108
    Wonderwall's Avatar
    Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While it's probably not fair to say Philly's problems were all on Bryz, the team just can't seem to figure out a tight defense like Jersey or NY, boy did he not get it done. I don't know what he was thinking on that second goal when he had a million other options and time to do...anything else!

    Although knowing how bad he was at puck handling I don't know what his teammate was thinking passing it to him with pressure on him. But yea just another 6 years( those last 2 are garbage years that he probably won't play due to age ).

  9. #109
    rggkjg1's Avatar
    rggkjg1 is offline Cavill = Welling?
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Metropolis (in ruins)
    Posts
    3,109
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    You can't rely on paper stats, and if you did actually rely on paper stats, then you would have seen that the Kings had won the regular season series against both Vancouver and St. Louis.
    maybe i should have said "favorites" instead of "better on paper". regardless, all the teams a majority of the hockey "experts" pick to win the series don't win. i'm no expert, and in kings/canucks i picked kings simply because i think vancouver is overrated. the regular season stats dont count when the playoffs start. vancouver and st louis still could have been (or even were) better on paper or favorites to win even though they lost their regular season series' to the kings.
    Drop everything you are doing and google "michael keaton birdman". They are making a BIRDMAN movie starring MICHAEL KEATON. (supposedly not related to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman)

    BIRDMAN
    OCTOBER 2014

  10. #110
    rggkjg1's Avatar
    rggkjg1 is offline Cavill = Welling?
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Metropolis (in ruins)
    Posts
    3,109
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    since i can only think about next season and the future, i'll ask this now. can someone explain the salary cap in regards to chris pronger? he's been on long time injury reserve and appears to be that way into next season. what would help the flyers regarding the salary cap, keeping him on injury reserve or have him retire?

    i ask because ian laperriere was on the injury reserve at the start of 2010-2011 season. he's most likely never going to play again, so i was wondering if he was basicly "stealing" money/cap space the flyers could have used (or if that money/cap space would have become available if laperriere officially retired).

    flyers salary:
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PHI
    Drop everything you are doing and google "michael keaton birdman". They are making a BIRDMAN movie starring MICHAEL KEATON. (supposedly not related to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman)

    BIRDMAN
    OCTOBER 2014

  11. #111
    stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The NY Rangers eleminated the Washington Capitals yesterday.

    Today, the Western conference final against the LA Kings and the Phoenix Coyotes begins. Will Los Angeles continue their run to the Stanley Cup finals? I hope so.

    Strange coincidence then the NHL finded someone to keep the Coyotes and Phoenix instead of being forced to moving it to Quebec City. The mayor of Quebec City Régis Labeaume wasn't happy about that news. That inspired a French-Canadian editorial cartoonist to do the following cartoon. From http://ygreck.typepad.com/ygreck/201...g-jamison.html


  12. #112
    Spideyzilla's Avatar
    Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,127
    Blog Entries
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1 View Post
    since i can only think about next season and the future, i'll ask this now. can someone explain the salary cap in regards to chris pronger? he's been on long time injury reserve and appears to be that way into next season. what would help the flyers regarding the salary cap, keeping him on injury reserve or have him retire?

    i ask because ian laperriere was on the injury reserve at the start of 2010-2011 season. he's most likely never going to play again, so i was wondering if he was basicly "stealing" money/cap space the flyers could have used (or if that money/cap space would have become available if laperriere officially retired).
    The Flyers cannot "have" Pronger retire. They can ask him if he wants to retire, but Chris Pronger is the one who will make that decision based on how he's feeling. I'm not a salary expert, but I believe the Flyers would get cap relief for them. Don't take that as gospel, but that's what I understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by stephane dumas View Post
    The NY Rangers eleminated the Washington Capitals yesterday.

    Today, the Western conference final against the LA Kings and the Phoenix Coyotes begins. Will Los Angeles continue their run to the Stanley Cup finals? I hope so.

    Strange coincidence then the NHL finded someone to keep the Coyotes and Phoenix instead of being forced to moving it to Quebec City. The mayor of Quebec City Régis Labeaume wasn't happy about that news. That inspired a French-Canadian editorial cartoonist to do the following cartoon. From http://ygreck.typepad.com/ygreck/201...g-jamison.html

    Yeah, that's the opinion of many Canadians. We all want the Nordiques back, especially since we got the Jets back. But I'm sure there are Coyotes fans here, so I can't say I'm angry about this. But I think expansion would be a mistake (the league is bloated enough as it is, leave it at 30) and the only way for there to be more teams in Canada would be relocation. I want more Canadian teams, but it would be a shame to take someone else's team. Congratulations, 'Yotes fans.

  13. #113
    mumbo's Avatar
    mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't think Quebec City's getting another team. I don't think the market's big enough (I'm not just talking about ticket sales, I'm talking about TV ratings and revenues here), and really, seven Canadian teams are enough. The mayor was being awfully optimistic there.

    Seattle's the most likely location for a new team. Once the new arena's built I figure one of the unsuccessful franchises will move there.

  14. #114
    Spideyzilla's Avatar
    Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,127
    Blog Entries
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbo View Post
    I really don't think Quebec City's getting another team. I don't think the market's big enough (I'm not just talking about ticket sales, I'm talking about TV ratings and revenues here), and really, seven Canadian teams are enough. The mayor was being awfully optimistic there.

    Seattle's the most likely location for a new team. Once the new arena's built I figure one of the unsuccessful franchises will move there.
    When Quebec City was in the NHL it was the second smallest market in professional sports besides the Green Bay Packers. Whereas Winnipeg made sure it was ready for a new team, Quebec City is less so. I agree, I don't see them getting a team, but I definetely do see a third team in Ontario coming. Markham Ont. is getting a 19,000 seat arena. As for Seattle, it's tough. They just lost a sports team, so that would be a turn off for the NHL. However, the NHL does need a new team in the Pacific Northwest besides Vancouver.

  15. #115
    Wonderwall's Avatar
    Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LA just continues to roll on behind Jeff Carter's hat trick( about time I'm sure some LA fans are thinking ) last night they just look like a well oiled machine right now.

    It was too bad the Yotes had to start doing their best Raffi Torres impressions. I think the Doan hit was more unfortunate timing than dirty but the other boarding by Hanzel and the knee on knee by...Morton? Was total bush league.

  16. #116
    rggkjg1's Avatar
    rggkjg1 is offline Cavill = Welling?
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Metropolis (in ruins)
    Posts
    3,109
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    LA just continues to roll on behind Jeff Carter's hat trick( about time I'm sure some LA fans are thinking ) last night they just look like a well oiled machine right now.
    it's a FLUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he wont do it again. god forbid if he gave the flyers hat tricks in the playoffs.

    i like the kings franchise, and if richie and carter were not on the team i'd want them to go all the way. but because of the circumstances of their exit from philly, i want them and whatever team they play for to fail for the rest of their careers. i hope the hockey gods agree with me that the bum (carter) and poor attitude (richards) don't deserve cup rings or their name on the cup.
    Drop everything you are doing and google "michael keaton birdman". They are making a BIRDMAN movie starring MICHAEL KEATON. (supposedly not related to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman)

    BIRDMAN
    OCTOBER 2014

  17. #117
    Spideyzilla's Avatar
    Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,127
    Blog Entries
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    LA just continues to roll on behind Jeff Carter's hat trick( about time I'm sure some LA fans are thinking ) last night they just look like a well oiled machine right now.

    It was too bad the Yotes had to start doing their best Raffi Torres impressions. I think the Doan hit was more unfortunate timing than dirty but the other boarding by Hanzel and the knee on knee by...Morton? Was total bush league.
    The Coyotes are just getting desperate. When you come down to it, Mike Smith is the real reason they got here, so they're resorting to this crap now the the King have their number. But I do agree with you that the Doan hit was just unfortunate.

  18. #118
    stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After an hard game who necessited an overtime. The Kings won 4-3 against the Coyotes and the Western conference championship, and their ticket to the Stanley cup finals.

    It's the 2nd time then the Kings goes to the Stanley cup finals.

  19. #119
    Spideyzilla's Avatar
    Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,127
    Blog Entries
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That ending of that game was getting brutal, with the Phoenix fans throwing stuff on the ice. I hope Rosival is okay, that looked like a pretty bad injury. Good for LA. They've been working hard and they deserve this.

  20. #120
    Michael24's Avatar
    Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't believe the Devils beat the Rangers. The Rangers had such a great season and finished so close to #1, I was hoping they'd go all the way. Don't have any real dislike in particular for the Devils, I was just really pulling for the Rangers. So, I guess I'll be rooting for L.A. now in the Stanley Cup Finals since they're representing the West. GO KINGS!

    (It really sucks not having NBC Sports Network. I don't think I've seen an actual playoff game since early in the Conference Semifinals. Have had to make due with those partial live look-ins and highlights on NHL Network. And I really wish they'd stop using freakin' Nickelback for their highlight montages. Ugh!)
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO