Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    Neal and Asham should be suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. The Penguins should be fined extensively. What they put on display today wasn't hockey, but something the WWE would like. But given what Shanny gave Weber, and this is the NHL's golden child I doubt they'll get more than a slap.

Soon the Pengus will be gooning it up on the golf greens.
    Well they did play Hogan's music That game was great in it's ugliness like a real life Slap Shot

As for suspensions well its a little moot to suspend them for the rest of the playoffs since for the Pens it'll be for only one more game. Anyway the Pens are done, Fleury is playing the worst hockey I've seen him ever play, the defense is absent, and the stars on offense eventually give into their frustrations and that suits Philly just fine.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Pittsburgh collapsing and the Washington Capitals not only keeping it close with Boston (the champions, mind you) after a rough season, but allowing only two goals in two games with a goaltender that got called up because the two we usually use got hurt? This postseason is something else already.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree that the Penguins are playing horrible hockey. However lets not forget that Pittsburgh did rally from down 0-3 to win a playoff series in last years NHL Playoffs.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    I agree that the Penguins are playing horrible hockey. However lets not forget that Pittsburgh did rally from down 0-3 to win a playoff series in last years NHL Playoffs.
    Excuse me but I don't remember that happening. I remember them losing to Tampa in 7 in the first round after blowing a 3-1 lead I think if I remember right.

Now Philly came back to win a series 2 years ago against Boston but I doubt that's gonna happen here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    Excuse me but I don't remember that happening. I remember them losing to Tampa in 7 in the first round after blowing a 3-1 lead I think if I remember right.

Now Philly came back to win a series 2 years ago against Boston but I doubt that's gonna happen here.
    Maybe I am getting them confused. However I do know that Pittsburgh has rallied in the past from down 3-0. In fact it has happened a lot more in hockey than it has in any other sport. When they were saying it had never until the Red Sox had done it, they were referring only to baseball. It had happened 5 times previously in the NHL.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    Maybe I am getting them confused. However I do know that Pittsburgh has rallied in the past from down 3-0. In fact it has happened a lot more in hockey than it has in any other sport. When they were saying it had never until the Red Sox had done it, they were referring only to baseball. It had happened 5 times previously in the NHL.
    Again you're mistaken. It's only happened 3 times in the NHL and the Pens have never rallied from 3-0. In fact they were on the other side of that when they lost a series to the Islanders in 1975 after leading the series 3-0. Here's the list:

1942 Stanley Cup Finals - Toronto rallies back from 3-0 to beat the Red Wings for the Cup

1975 Semi Finals- Islanders almost make history twice when the rally from 3-0 to beat the Pens and force game 7 against the Flyers in the next round after falling 3-0

2010 Semi-Finals - Philly beats Boston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    Again you're mistaken. It's only happened 3 times in the NHL and the Pens have never rallied from 3-0. In fact they were on the other side of that when they lost a series to the Islanders in 1975 after leading the series 3-0. Here's the list:

1942 Stanley Cup Finals - Toronto rallies back from 3-0 to beat the Red Wings for the Cup

1975 Semi Finals- Islanders almost make history twice when the rally from 3-0 to beat the Pens and force game 7 against the Flyers in the next round after falling 3-0

2010 Semi-Finals - Philly beats Boston
    Apparently I am. I guess I'm getting series confused. I know there were a couple of series last year where a team went up 3-0 and then saw their opponent rally to even the series at 3-3. It also doesn't change that when baseball was saying it had never been done, it in fact had been done twice in the NHL as you just illustrated.

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow. Shanny is going to busy the next few days.

rggkjg1 is offline Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, i'm glad to see a nice diversity of penguins haters here. if anyone has any penguins or crosby/malkin hate rants, please vent. i would definately enjoy reading everyone's feelings on this team of classless whiney wussy thugs (and i thought the flyers were supposed to be classes and thugs, HA!).

anyway, bryzgalov seriously has to get it together. it's good and all that we're winning high scoring games. but i'm getting tired of the other team scoring first in the opening 3 minutes and seeing a soft goal get scored on him. being mr softee isnt going to cut it if we have to play the rangers in a future series. a rangers/flyers series is also going to be a low scoring affair, low scoring on the flyers end i'm afraid. come on ottawa, take care of the rangers for us.

there is going to be a blood bath this wednesday in philly. i honestly dont think the penguins are going to rally back. if the penguins shown anykind of self control and weren't being total jackass penguins this entire series, they would at least be some what focused and have an ok chance of possibly coming back. i dont remember the flyers pulling anykind of this nonsense when they were down 3 games to boston 2 years ago.
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So out of the 3 series that have completed 3 games so far, who is the most likely to rally and win their series and why? I'd like honest opinions here, not just biased hate.

The 3 series 3 games in:

Pittsburgh/ Philadelphia (3-0 Flyers)
    Vancouver/ LA Kings (3-0 LA)
    Nashville/ Detroit (2-1 Nashville)

In all honesty, I think Detroit would be the most likely of these teams to rally. they have more experience, though the older age is also a deterrent at times. The have better play out of their goalie than either Pittsburgh or Vancouver has illustrated in these playoffs. They also have a question that I would never say can't rally.

I would pick Vancouver second solely because their games have been within 1 or 2 goals and they won the President's Cup. However Vancouver has had a history of choking in the playoffs. Last year seemed to be the exception to that, but it seems to be fully back this year.

What more can I say than where's the defense in the Pittsburgh/ Philadelphia series? The two teams are fairly even. Right now there's virtually no defense being played, so whomever gives up the fewest goals wins. Philly seems to have the speed advantage, but we all know the hatred these two teams have for each other, and it could easily turn around solely because of how embarrassing Pittsburgh would feel to get swept by their most hated rival.