Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Wow, the Blues against the ropes? They were my pick to win since the playoffs began.

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for the lack of updates. I was out of town Monday-Wednesday and didn't feel like getting on yesterday. All scores for the second round series have been updated.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well Caps tied the series. I'm really being entertained by this one the most I think probably because it's the most evenly contested one of the semi finals.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    LA got their brooms out and swept St. Louis and are now onto the Conference Finals. They look really scary right now.

Edit: Also Philly is on the ropes. Not a bad birthday present for old man Brodeur.

rggkjg1 is online now Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    alrighty, looks like every team that is supposedly better on paper has lost every round/series. who's better on paper in kings/coyotes? please tell me it's the kings. them winning the cup will just make this worse.

i think james van riemsdyk and sergei bobrovsky will get traded this off seaon. the flyers need to stock up on defense. timonen and pronger arent getting any younger and carle is most likely gone. van riemsdyk is taking way too long to develop and we should just ditch him now while he has some good value. if bobrovsky is capable of being a legit starter, he won't get his chance here. just trade him.
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1 View Post
    alrighty, looks like every team that is supposedly better on paper has lost every round/series. who's better on paper in kings/coyotes? please tell me it's the kings. them winning the cup will just make this worse.

i think james van riemsdyk and sergei bobrovsky will get traded this off seaon. the flyers need to stock up on defense. timonen and pronger arent getting any younger and carle is most likely gone. van riemsdyk is taking way too long to develop and we should just ditch him now while he has some good value. if bobrovsky is capable of being a legit starter, he won't get his chance here. just trade him.
    You can't rely on paper stats, and if you did actually rely on paper stats, then you would have seen that the Kings had won the regular season series against both Vancouver and St. Louis. However I can give you no such reassurances. The Kings and Coyotes split the regular season series 3-3. Out of those 6 games, 3 went into Overtime with one going into a shootout. Every one of the games was decided by 1 goal (except for the first meeting on October 20, which was 2-0 Kings). They are about even in every aspect. However you can't deny this stat. The Los Angeles Kings have become the first ever 8-seed to knock out the 1 and the 2 seed in the same NHL Playoffs. If they can knock out the Coyotes, they'll have knocked out the 1, 2, and 3 seeds.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, so long Philly. Big surprise IMO. Don't worry only another eight or so years with Bryzgalov.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    While it's probably not fair to say Philly's problems were all on Bryz, the team just can't seem to figure out a tight defense like Jersey or NY, boy did he not get it done. I don't know what he was thinking on that second goal when he had a million other options and time to do...anything else!

Although knowing how bad he was at puck handling I don't know what his teammate was thinking passing it to him with pressure on him. But yea just another 6 years( those last 2 are garbage years that he probably won't play due to age ).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    You can't rely on paper stats, and if you did actually rely on paper stats, then you would have seen that the Kings had won the regular season series against both Vancouver and St. Louis.
    maybe i should have said "favorites" instead of "better on paper". regardless, all the teams a majority of the hockey "experts" pick to win the series don't win. i'm no expert, and in kings/canucks i picked kings simply because i think vancouver is overrated. the regular season stats dont count when the playoffs start. vancouver and st louis still could have been (or even were) better on paper or favorites to win even though they lost their regular season series' to the kings.
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    since i can only think about next season and the future, i'll ask this now. can someone explain the salary cap in regards to chris pronger? he's been on long time injury reserve and appears to be that way into next season. what would help the flyers regarding the salary cap, keeping him on injury reserve or have him retire?

i ask because ian laperriere was on the injury reserve at the start of 2010-2011 season. he's most likely never going to play again, so i was wondering if he was basicly "stealing" money/cap space the flyers could have used (or if that money/cap space would have become available if laperriere officially retired).

flyers salary:
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PHI
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    (R rated language)