Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Marvel.com posted this up earlier today:

Just in time for this summer’s highly anticipated release of "The Amazing Spider-Man," in theaters July 3, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is re-releasing "Spider-Man," "Spider-Man 2" and "Spider-Man 3" on Blu-ray with UltraViolet on June 12. Each edition includes new, collectable O-Ring packaging, as well as a code for owners to enter at a movie ticket redemption site (www.sonymoviecash.com/ASM), where they can see a sneak peek of "The Amazing Spider-Man" and print their free movie ticket offer*. The "Spider-Man" Blu-ray includes two never-before-seen bonus features “Spider Sense Over Movie Trivia Game” and “The Spider-Man Cutting Room.” The "Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray includes both previously released theatrical and extended versions of the film, with additional footage and fight sequences not seen in theaters.

UltraViolet is included on each edition, allowing owners of the Blu-ray to add the films to their Digital Right Library, enabling them to download or instantly stream the film.

The critically-acclaimed trilogy based on the Marvel Comics characters, which boast a combined worldwide box office gross of almost $2.5 billion, stars Tobey Maguire ("Seabiscuit," "The Great Gatsby") as Peter Parker (alias Spider-Man), Kirsten Dunst ("Meloncolia") as Mary Jane Watson, and James Franco ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes") as Harry Osborn. All three releases are directed by Sam Rami ("Evil Dead" trilogy). The series also features spectacular villains, with Willem Dafoe ("The Boondock Saints") as Green Goblin/Norman Osborn in "Spider-Man," Alfred Molina ("The Da Vinci Code") as Doc Ock/Dr. Otto Octavius in "Spider-Man 2," and Thomas Haden Church ("Easy A," "Sideways") as Sandman/Flint Marko and Topher Grace ("Predators") as Venom / Eddie Brock in "Spider-Man 3."

New to the "Spider-Man" Blu-ray:
    “Spider Sense Trivia Challenge” -- Rise to the ultimate web-slinging challenge as you test your "Spider-Man" movie knowledge in this over feature trivia game. Do you have the spider sense to achieve the highest score?
    “The Spider-man Cutting Room” -- Create and share your own video using clips and music from the movie!
    New collectible O-Ring packaging
    "Spider-Man" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
    Filmmakers and Cast Commentary Sam Raimi, Laura Ziskin, Grant Curtis, and Kirsten Dunst
    Visual Effects Designer & Crew Commentary John Dykstra & Special Effects Crew
    Tobey Maguire and J.K. Simmons Commentary
    “Spider-Man: The Mythology of the 21st Century”
    HBO Making of "Spider-Man"
    “Spider-Mania” an E! Entertainment Special
    Director Profile: Sam Raimi
    Composer Profile: Danny Elfman
    Costume Design Featurette
    Seven Behind The Scenes of "Spider-Man" Featurettes
    Screen Tests with Tobey Maguire, J.K. Simmons, and CGI Spider-Man
    Costume and Makeup Tests
    Gag/Outtake Reel
    Six Muti-angle Webisodes
    Music Video: “Hero” performed by Chad Kroeger and featuring Josey Scott. Performed by Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, Saliva vocalist Josey Scott, Pearl Jam drummer Matt Cameron, and Theory Of A Dead Man guitarist Tyler Connolly
    Music Video: “What We're All About” performed by Sum 41

New to the "Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray:
    "Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
    Commentary with cast and crew (Theatrical Version)
    Technical commentary (Theatrical Version)
    Commentary with Producer Laura Ziskin and Screen Writer Alvin Sargent (Extended Version)
    Blooper Reel
    12 Part Making of -- Making the Amazing Featurette
    Hero in Crisis Featurette
    Ock-Umentary Featurette
    Five-Part Visual Effects Breakdown

New to the "Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray:
    "Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
    Commentary with Director and Cast
    Filmmaker Commentary
    Bloopers
    Concept Gallery: Sketches
    Concept Gallery: Paintings
    Concept Gallery: Sculptures
    Photo Gallery: Special Effects
    Photo Gallery: Director and Cast
    Music Video: “Signal Fire” by Snow Patrol
    "Spider-Man" has a run time of approximately 121 minutes and is rated PG-13 for stylized violence and action. "Spider-Man 2" Theatrical version has a run time of approximate 127 minutes and is rated PG-13 for stylized action violence. Extended version "Spider-Man 2.1" has a run time of approximate 136 minutes and is NOT RATED. "Spider-Man 3" has a run time of approximate 139 minutes and is rated PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence.

*Up to $10 at participating theaters.
    I am actually looking forward to some of these releases, especially the new editions of Spider-Man 1 and 2 which were barebones on their original Blu-ray releases.

My big issue with these releases is the terrible, terrible cover art. Check it out:

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/...551/detail.jpg

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/...e5f/detail.jpg

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/...e7a/detail.jpg
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! That truly is some of the worst cover art I've ever seen. I'm actually shocked! Unless these are "final art not finalized" previews. I definitely would like to have the first movie, but I'll wait for blu-ray.com or dvdbeaver.com to post screen caps so I can see if it's actually worth buying.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

Gregatron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I already have these movies on Blu-ray. So if that is the final box art, I'll just put the new discs in the old cases.

Pepperidge is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh wow, Raimi's doing a commentary on Spider-Man 3? Never thought I'd watch that movie again, but this might be incentive enough. Of course, they still aren't including those fabled 16 minutes of deleted footage.
    SITTING on an ATOMIC BOMB - It's just how I feel sometimes.

The best Spectacular Spider-Man tumblr ever: GOOP IN MY HAIR

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rggkjg1 is offline Cavill = Welling?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm going to be skipping over these releases for the older boxset. i'm hoping it will drop in price, but i have a feeling it wont since that's a boxset and these are individual releases (doesn't say if they're doing a new box). i already have the "new" blu-ray bonus features on my dvds, so i'll be perfectly ok with owning the older bare bones spider-man 1-3 blu-ray discs in the boxset. the god awful cover art also makes my decision to pass in favor of the older discs easier.

although, i have a few questions. the blu-ray.com review of the older boxset says you need "the appropriate firmware" to watch spider-man 2.1 (i dont have it on dvd). what firmware do i need and how do i know if i already have it? also, are the film transfers going to be cleaned up/enhanced/ect to look better than the older releases or will they be the same?

i honestly wouldnt mind owning these upcoming releases either, but i'd rather have them in a boxset and not individual releases. looks like i'll be going with the older boxset unless they announce they'll be putting these new ones together in one set.
    Drop everything you are doing and google "michael keaton birdman". They are making a BIRDMAN movie starring MICHAEL KEATON. (supposedly not related to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman)

BIRDMAN
    OCTOBER 2014

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has provided a closer look at the cover artwork and the full press release announcing these new Spider-Man titles. Continue below for more.

SPIDER-MAN™, SPIDER-MAN 2, SPIDER-MAN 3

On Blu-ray™ with UltraViolet™ June 12th Featuring New Collectable O-Ring Packaging

Each Title Includes A Free Movie Ticket Offer* and A Sneak Peek of The Amazing Spider-Man in Theaters July 3rd

Spider-Man Includes New Bonus Features
    “Spider Sense Trivia Challenge” and “The Spider-Man Cutting Room”

Just in time for this summer’s highly anticipated release of The Amazing Spider-Man, in theaters July 3, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is re-releasing SPIDER-MAN™, SPIDER-MAN 2 and SPIDER-MAN 3 on Blu-ray™ with UltraViolet™ on June 12th. Each edition includes new, collectable O-Ring packaging, as well as a code for owners to enter at a movie ticket redemption site (www.sonymoviecash.com/ASM), where they can see a sneak peek of The Amazing Spider-Man and print their free movie ticket offer*. The SPIDER-MAN Blu-ray™ includes two never-before-seen bonus features “Spider Sense Over Movie Trivia Game” and “The Spider-Man Cutting Room.” The SPIDER-MAN 2 Blu-ray™ includes both previously released theatrical and extended versions of the film, with additional footage and fight sequences not seen in theaters.

UltraViolet™ is included on each edition, allowing owners of the Blu-ray™ to add the films to their Digital Right Library, enabling them to download or instantly stream the film.

The critically-acclaimed trilogy based on the Marvel Comics characters, which boast a combined worldwide box office gross of almost $2.5 billion, stars Tobey Maguire (Seabiscuit, The Great Gatsby) as Peter Parker (alias Spider-Man), Kirsten Dunst (Meloncolia) as Mary Jane Watson, and James Franco (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) as Harry Osborn. All three releases are directed by Sam Rami (Evil Dead trilogy). The series also features spectacular villains, with Willem Dafoe (The Boondock Saints) as Green Goblin/Norman Osborn in SPIDER-MAN, Alfred Molina (The Da Vinci Code) as Doc Ock/Dr. Otto Octavius in SPIDER-MAN 2, and Thomas Haden Church (Easy A, Sideways) as Sandman/Flint Marko and Topher Grace (Predators) as Venom / Eddie Brock in SPIDER-MAN 3.

New to the SPIDER-MAN Blu-ray:
    -“Spider Sense Trivia Challenge” - Rise to the ultimate web-slinging challenge as you test your SPIDER-MAN movie knowledge in this over feature trivia game. Do you have the spider sense to achieve the highest score?
    -“The Spider-man Cutting Room” - Create and share your own video using clips and music from the movie!
    -New collectible O-Ring packaging

SPIDER-MAN Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
    -Filmmakers and Cast Commentary Sam Raimi, Laura Ziskin, Grant Curtis, and Kirsten Dunst
    -Visual Effects Designer & Crew Commentary John Dykstra & Special Effects Crew
    -Tobey Maguire and J.K. Simmons Commentary
    -“Spider-Man: The Mythology of the 21st Century”
    -HBO Making of Spider-Man
    -“Spider-Mania” an E! Entertainment Special
    -Director Profile: Sam Raimi
    -Composer Profile: Danny Elfman
    -Costume Design Featurette
    -Seven Behind The Scenes of Spider-Man Featurettes
    -Screen Tests with Tobey Maguire, J.K. Simmons, and CGI Spider-Man
    -Costume and Makeup Tests
    -Gag/Outtake Reel
    -Six Muti-angle Webisodes
    -Music Video: “Hero” performed by Chad Kroeger and featuring Josey Scott. Performed by Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, Saliva vocalist Josey Scott, Pearl Jam drummer Matt Cameron, and Theory Of A Dead Man guitarist Tyler Connolly
    -Music Video: “What We're All About” performed by Sum 41

New to the SPIDER-MAN 2 Blu-ray:

SPIDER-MAN 2 Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
    -Commentary with cast and crew (Theatrical Version)
    -Technical commentary (Theatrical Version)
    -Commentary with Producer Laura Ziskin and Screen Writer Alvin Sargent (Extended Version)
    -Blooper Reel
    -12 Part Making of - Making the Amazing Featurette
    -Hero in Crisis Featurette
    -Ock-Umentary Featurette
    -Five-Part Visual Effects Breakdown

New to the SPIDER-MAN 3 Blu-ray:

SPIDER-MAN 3 Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
    -Commentary with Director and Cast
    -Filmmaker Commentary
    -Bloopers
    -Concept Gallery: Sketches
    -Concept Gallery: Paintings
    -Concept Gallery: Sculptures
    -Photo Gallery: Special Effects
    -Photo Gallery: Director and Cast
    -Music Video: “Signal Fire” by Snow Patrol

SPIDER-MAN has a run time of approximately 121 minutes and is rated PG-13 for stylized violence and action. SPIDER-MAN 2: Theatrical version has a run time of approximate 127 minutes and is rated PG-13 for stylized action violence. Extended version SPIDER-MAN 2.1 has a run time of approximate 136 minutes and is NOT RATED. SPIDER-MAN 3 has a run time of approximate 139 minutes and is rated PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence.

*Up to $10 at participating theaters.

MARVEL, and all Marvel characters including the Spider-Man character ™ & ©2012 Marvel Characters, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

rggkjg1 is offline Cavill = Welling?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what's an "o-ring" package?
    Drop everything you are doing and google "michael keaton birdman". They are making a BIRDMAN movie starring MICHAEL KEATON. (supposedly not related to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman)

BIRDMAN
    OCTOBER 2014

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...Are they seriously going with THAT as a cover image? Blech. Clashing colors and overly simplified artwork.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love how they have big silver numbers on the covers, too, as if we couldn't tell the second and third films just from the titles being Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3. LOL!!!
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1 View Post
    what's an "o-ring" package?
    It is another way to say slipcase.

I do hope this means the cover art under these slipcases could be something else. I am still amazed this cover art was approved given just how sloppy it all looks.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Stu
    Stu is online now Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Given how I've already double dipped on the original Spider-Man and 2 on DVD and then again on all 3 for the blu-rays and they've added nothing to the discs beyond terrible, terrible cover art and a cheap plug for the Amazing movie, I won't be buying these.

It's been 10 years and we still haven't seen the deleted scenes from Spider-Man with Jameson or the Chris Tucker and (much needed) extended Sandman scenes from Spider-Man 3.

Very, very poor Sony.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Given how I've already double dipped on the original Spider-Man and 2 on DVD and then again on all 3 for the blu-rays and they've added nothing to the discs beyond terrible, terrible cover art and a cheap plug for the Amazing movie, I won't be buying these.

It's been 10 years and we still haven't seen the deleted scenes from Spider-Man with Jameson or the Chris Tucker and (much needed) extended Sandman scenes from Spider-Man 3.

Very, very poor Sony.
    Are their that many deleted scenes from SpiderMan 3? Do you know anymore about them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cover design looks like something used for bootleg.