View Poll Results: "The Hunger Games" - Rate the Movie!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

4 36.36%
  • ****1/2

3 27.27%

2 18.18%
  • ***1/2

2 18.18%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    They wimped out by not showing Peeta kill, though.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This movie was absolutely fantastic, I loved it. Unfortunately I didn't arrive to the movie until the chooisng of tributes from district 12 : It definetely not as gory as I thought it was gonna be, to be honest I thought I was gonna close my eyes the whole time in the actual games part.

And,

Spoiler:
    Rue's death was really sad and district 11 rebelling because of her was heartbreaking. The Capitol manipulating the games shows that they are pretty darn evil...

Overall, I was at the edge of my seat. Encore! encore! Can't wait for the next movie.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've read all three books, and I thought it was really good. The shaky cam got annoying in some of the action scenes, but otherwise, I really liked the sets, costumes, and the cinematography. The music was okay, it didn't impress me.

The acting was overall really good. Liam Hemsworth is the only actor who didn't really impress me here, but then, his character didn't actually do much here at all.

The ending was a bit.....sudden, I guess, but it could have definately been worse.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins
    They wimped out by not showing Peeta kill, though.
    Did he kill in the book?

Swordfish_II is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Did he kill in the book?
    Just the girl that lit the fire I think.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Did he kill in the book?
    Yeah, in the book he goes back to finish off a wounded tribute, the girl at the campfire. They "Greedo shot first" this one a bit.

I still need to go see this movie. Might try to check it out tomorrow night.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never read the books, and I thought of this as another Twilight. But I finally saw it, and was surprised. Oh wow, is this a good movie. I love the social satire. The whole talk of "cheer for your favourites, boo when then die" reminded me of American Idol and other shows a lot. The Games struck me as something that I can see a government like this putting in place and I can see these people accepting it. They've convinced them that they committed this terrible wrong in those revolutions, and they could be destroyed at any time. But instead they give them this as a "gift." The class system was great, very much like Brazil (the movie, not the place) I just loved the story, and it made sense to me. There was tons of action. The Games never dragged and had me at the edge of my seat. I do wish there was less shaky cam, however. It worked well building up tension, but made some action scenes unwatchable. Now, the love story, the thing that made me stay away. I thought it was well done. I saw the first Twilight movie, and this was a million times better. I cared about these two characters, and I wanted to see them get together. The slow upbringing of their relationship was well done and believeable. Jennifer Lawrence amazed me with her acting. She is one to watch. I'm not a fan of Josh Hutcherson, but he was really solid here. The whole cast was good, with Elizabeth Banks in particular doing a good job and making her unrecognizeable. Overall, a great movie that for me will be the surprise of the year. It really feels good to gush about a movie I thought would suck, but this one deserves it. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Avengers has a tough act to follow this week!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12