Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    Currently just starting on Karate Kid trilogy, when I just realized, if they make another film, they can have a second trilogy. Wow, and here we are still waiting for Ghostbusters 3.
    I'm still waiting for it

You haven't even seen Dark Knight Rises. I'm not enthused about it myself, but my hopes were raised when I heard Ra's Al Ghul has returned. It might just be a flashback, but if not at least it sounds epic enough to bring the trilogy full circle.
    I placed it in my top trilogies before the release of the third movie as well
    I wonder how Ra's would return, he was in a train crash he must be dead if they seek realism
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised
    I like Tobey Maguire more than Andrew Garfield in the role of Spider-Man

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    Not true- 2, 3, and 4 take place one right after another, give or take a week. Kirk fights Khan and loses Spock, Kirk breaks orders to recover Spock, Kirk returns to Earth to surrender and whales ensue. It's a trilogy in the same way that the Star Wars movies are.
    Maybe so, but it doesn't change that Star Trek 1 was created before them, and it doesn't change that there are 12 Star Trek films, 11 of which have ties to the original series and TNG series. To me the films tie in directly with the series and help tell the full storyline. It feels like it's a lot more than a trilogy when you look at it that way.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Azrael24 is offline why?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You haven't even seen Dark Knight Rises. I'm not enthused about it myself, but my hopes were raised when I heard Ra's Al Ghul has returned. It might just be a flashback, but if not at least it sounds epic enough to bring the trilogy full circle.
    I meant if not of, I went back and fixed it. I meant even if the TDKR isn't that good, the first two are good enough to make it my fav series

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael24 View Post
    I meant if not of, I went back and fixed it. I meant even if the TDKR isn't that good, the first two are good enough to make it my fav series
    I guess in theory, that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    Maybe so, but it doesn't change that Star Trek 1 was created before them, and it doesn't change that there are 12 Star Trek films, 11 of which have ties to the original series and TNG series. To me the films tie in directly with the series and help tell the full storyline. It feels like it's a lot more than a trilogy when you look at it that way.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the filmmakers and studio think otherwise regardless:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001TH16D8

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...gii7kwsA&gl=US

I have watched the entire film series before the last film came out, and those three standout because they simply tell one story. I've seen alot of film series before, and none ever really work well in telling a sequential story. Mainly due to recasting.

Edit: added youtube link.
    Last edited by the greenman; 04-17-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been noticing that a lot of films will come out based on an authors work in a short stint of time. A kinda, strike while the iron's hot deal. Studios will snatch up an authors work and then attach a blurb about "The author of. . .". I'm thinking about this cause I just picked up "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson, who has had his works in films for a good long while, yet somewhat sporadicaly. The last example of spurt I can remember for Richard Matheson is really just within the past five years with:

"I Am Legend"
    "The Box"
    "Real Steel"

All based on works by Matheson.

So, in this thought I did some searching and came up with another trilogy that I favor. This one of the father of steampunk Jules Verne. I just viewed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1950's), and plan to watch Mysterious Island and Journey to the Center of the Earth. All made in the 50's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, finished the 50's Jules Verne trilogy. 20k Leagues and Mysterious Island are great and Mysterious Island even uses the same design and sets from 20k Leagues. The oddball out is Center of the Earth which just has bad production value, poor filmmaking, cheesy sfx, and clocking in over two hours has slow pacing.

So moving on to comedy. To an underrated little seen trilogy with Bill Cosby and Sidney Pointier. The trilogy consists of three different caper/ adventures with Cosby and Pointier as buddies. The duo chemistry is great, but they are classics cause of the characters throughout the films like Richard Pryor as a crooked P.I. and Jimmy Walker as a skinny boxer.

Aquadementia is online now That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Okay, finished the 50's Jules Verne trilogy. 20k Leagues and Mysterious Island are great and Mysterious Island even uses the same design and sets from 20k Leagues. The oddball out is Center of the Earth which just has bad production value, poor filmmaking, cheesy sfx, and clocking in over two hours has slow pacing.
    I believe "In Search of the Castaways" with Hayley Mills should have been the third movie in the trilogy, if you can find it.
    I wouldn't mind seeing those again.
    So moving on to comedy. To an underrated little seen trilogy with Bill Cosby and Sidney Pointier. The trilogy consists of three different caper/ adventures with Cosby and Pointier as buddies. The duo chemistry is great, but they are classics cause of the characters throughout the films like Richard Pryor as a crooked P.I. and Jimmy Walker as a skinny boxer.
    What movies are these?

Makes me think, there are three amusing Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder movies.
    Silver Streak, Stir Crazy and See No Evil, Hear No Evil.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquadementia View Post
    I believe "In Search of the Castaways" with Hayley Mills should have been the third movie in the trilogy, if you can find it.
    I wouldn't mind seeing those again.

What movies are these?

Makes me think, there are three amusing Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder movies.
    Silver Streak, Stir Crazy and See No Evil, Hear No Evil.
    Yeah I looked up 'Castaways' and it is hard to find. Very true as I believe Verne meant it as a sequel as well.

Uptown Saturday Night
    Let's Do It Again
    A Piece of the Action

Yes, Pryor and Wilder's films were very similar to these, except these films have a bigger cast of stars.
    I think they did a fourth film together, be interesting to see them all to determine which ones would make a good trilogy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally have a chance to update this after moving and vacation and all.

Anyways, finished the Cosby/Poiter trilogy and the first two films are the best. The third film, A Piece of the Action, is such a sharp departure it doesn't feel anything like the other two. It honestly feels like a blaxploitation remake of To Sir With Love. I did realize upon some research that Poiter did produce (and direct one) the Pryor/Wilder films like his collaborations with Cosby, so something good came out of these.

Anyway, I watched the Men in Black trilogy justand this week. This was my first time watching part two, and besides a very young and cute Rosario Dawson, part two was a shameless repeat of the first film without adding too much flavor. I kinda wish these films had them teleported to another planet. Honestly, at least the third film was better than the second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm starting another trilogy this week with the Ocean's Eleven trilogy. I have only seen the first movie, and bits and pieces of the second on cable, so I'm looking forward to this trilogy. To update my list:

STAR TREK:
    Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan
    Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock
    Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home

INDIANA JONES:
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom
    Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade

BACK TO THE FUTURE:
    Back to the Future
    Back to the Future 2
    Back to the Future 3

The DOLLARS Trilogy:
    Fistful of Dollars
    For a Few Dollars More
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Jurassic Park:
    Jurassic Park
    Jurassic Park II: The Lost World
    Jurassic Park III

Karate Kid:
    Karate Kid
    Karate Kid part two
    Karate Kid part three

Bourne Trilogy:
    The Bourne Identity
    The Bourne Supremacy
    The Bourne Ultimatum

Jules Verne Trilogy:
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
    Mysterious Island (1961)
    Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)

Cosby/Poiter Trilogy:
    Uptown Saturday Night
    Let's Do It Again
    A Piece of the Action

Men in Black Trilogy:
    Men in Black
    Men in Black II
    Men in Black III

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast