Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    *Chris Nolan's take on The Dark Knight:
    When it comes to Chris Nolan movies, I always need to views them a second time to get into them and feel them, then I see they turn out to be work of fine art, that plus his statement about ending Batman with a third movie cause movie franchises are better completed in a three movie than lasting longer.

*Back to the Future:
    Childhood nostalgia plays a considerable role, I loved these movies since I was a child, I still enjoy them a lot. Nostalgia is not the only factor, nor is it the main factor, I can't get into Batman Returns, and 90s child me loved that movie so dearly. I wouldn't deny some faults I see in this trilogy, but it's still a very good one

*Sam Raimi's Spider-Man:
    They are goofy and pretty campy, the main character is a dork, his love interest is very annoying when it comes to her personal feelings, CGI looks very cartoony at certain scenes, as it belongs to the cinematics in SM2 the game not to a live action movie (i.e; Spider-Man vs Ock on the clock tower), so I can see why plenty of people were looking forward to a new direction.

And before anyone asks; "Why put movies among your favorite if you criticize them this much?". They are fun, stories have plenty of seriousness to accept as quite a mature material, it has an enjoyable balance between camp and seriousness, I love the costume designs (including Norman's Green goblin, and especially Harry's Goblin jr), villains development, the action, staff of the Daily Bugle, Peter's is an insanely funny dork. As far as viewing movies from favorite to least favorite, I love each movie more than the one came before it. And it has my favorite take on Venom out of TSSM animated, if he's supposed to be a villain, he's done justice, and the symbiote met its rightful end (though I admit loving the new Flash Venom series)

*Rocky:
    I love the movies from 1-4, didn't watch Rocky 5 nor Rocky Balboa, but I'll count movies from 1-3 and say they are fun, you can watch the third without the need to watch a sequel, the end

*TAXI:
    The French movie series. They are fun and enjoyable, and strongly beat the U.S remake
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised
    I like Tobey Maguire more than Andrew Garfield in the role of Spider-Man

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can be loose with trilogies if you know what you're looking for. I plan on watching Akira Kurosawa's 7 Samurai, Yojimbo, & Sanjuro as a trilogy. I'm probably going to spend the rest of the year doing this.

EroSennin is offline The Frog Hermit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I gotta go with the original Star Wars as the best trilogy. Its a great story from beginning to end and is still the benchmark for scifi movies.

I would also like to mention The Evil Dead trilogy, Besides introducing us to the great Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi it has some of the best mix of horror and comedy.
    "Winter is coming." "Bango Skank was here." "The enemy gate is down" "Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."

defunctzombie is offline I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    You can be loose with trilogies if you know what you're looking for. I plan on watching Akira Kurosawa's 7 Samurai, Yojimbo, & Sanjuro as a trilogy. I'm probably going to spend the rest of the year doing this.
    Those are good choices. If you want to swap it up a bit, I recommend swapping in either The Hidden Fortress or Rashomon for Seven Samurai. They're all good films, and they all have a similar leading character (though in Rashomon he's the bandit instead of the samurai, but it makes sense if you consider that he's ripping people off in Yojimbo ).
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    Those are good choices. If you want to swap it up a bit, I recommend swapping in either The Hidden Fortress or Rashomon for Seven Samurai. They're all good films, and they all have a similar leading character (though in Rashomon he's the bandit instead of the samurai, but it makes sense if you consider that he's ripping people off in Yojimbo ).

Hmmmm, I own The Hidden Fortress, but not Roshomon, which I barely remember. That is interesting, I will have to rewatch that one and see if this theory sticks. Thank you.

Anyway, I plan on finishing up the Dollars trilogy tomorrow with one of my favorite films ever: G,B,U, and will probably move on to sci-fi. I'm torn between The Fly trilogy, The Matrix, or Jurassic Park.

Also, I forgot that yet another trilogy is closing this summer (Hopefully) Madagascar 3. I honestly don't get those films. The trailers are funnier than the films for me.I still haven't seen the second one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay to date so far I gotten these:

STAR TREK:
    Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan
    Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock
    Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home

INDIANA JONES:
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom
    Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade

BACK TO THE FUTURE:
    Back to the Future
    Back to the Future 2
    Back to the Future 3

The DOLLARS Trilogy:
    Fistful of Dollars
    For a Few Dollars More
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Jurassic Park:
    Jurassic Park
    Jurassic Park II: The Lost World
    Jurassic Park III

Currently just starting on Karate Kid trilogy, when I just realized, if they make another film, they can have a second trilogy. Wow, and here we are still waiting for Ghostbusters 3.

EinBebop is offline Kneel Before Zod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    Currently just starting on Karate Kid trilogy, when I just realized, if they make another film, they can have a second trilogy.
    Connection's too loose, unless they're going to have Hillary Swank training Jaden Smith. And then, during a fight, some dude sucker punches Jaden and he ends up a quadriplegic, and Hillary Swank never leaves his bedside.

I'd give the movie a title, but then people would cry, 'spoiler'.
    "He lived hard and died stupid."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EinBebop View Post
    Connection's too loose, unless they're going to have Hillary Swank training Jaden Smith. And then, during a fight, some dude sucker punches Jaden and he ends up a quadriplegic, and Hillary Swank never leaves his bedside.

I'd give the movie a title, but then people would cry, 'spoiler'.
    If they were to do a sequel to the Karate Kid 2010, I want them to head for Thailand. If they did return to the States, Swank showing up would be great only if she became a Kobra Kai-esque celebrity who was a UFC fighter and her character could have an arc. In other words Swank would only do the movie if her character had athe reason to return. Maybe it takes Jaden's character to turn her back to Miyagi's way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Starting the Bourne Trilogy today. I haven't seen the third film yet, so looking forward to this one.

Scrappy-Fan92 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since people already mentioned Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Toy Story, I'll go with my favorite Disney trilogy: Aladdin!

All three movies had wonderful characters, good songs, and funny humor. Trust me, The Return of Jafar and Aladdin and the King of Thieves are worthy sequels to the original, DTV or not.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast