Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    Don't thank Saban; the MSRP is set by Shout Factory. Also, Brian Ward, who has been posting at RangerBoard, said that this price was basically the ceiling for Power Ranger DVDs in retail stores. Shops like Walmart and Target wouldn't stock them at a higher price. Brian and Shout absolutely are still worthy of our thanks, as they could easily have included fewer episodes, so cheers to them!

Also, stay tuned for the full details next week. TVShowsOnDVD said that's when they expect the press release to come out (for now all we have is the Amazon posting). Brian has alluded to the release having more details. Given that he phrased it as a warning, it is possible the press release might contain new details, like perhaps a full season set version also coming...
    Ah, I had figured Saban would at least have a hand in deciding that sort of thing. Oh well~!
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post
    It would be amazing if Shout could get a subbed Zyuranger out as a sort of companion piece.
    Probably a pipe dream, Toei guards their toku properties like misers to the gold. As expensive as some of the Japanese discs are, I might actually pay for them if they'd put some blasted subtitles on them.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Dogbert is offline I Don't See Gravity
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New updates from the press release:

1) Shout already has Season One, Volume Two ready for a fall release, so the first season will be fully released in stores.

2) Shout has teamed with Time Life to release both the full first season as well as a 40-disc mega set, Power Rangers: Seasons One - Seven. The mega set will include the first 338 episodes, including all MMPR, PRZ, PRT, PRiS, and PRLG, plus special features. Prices for the mega set and full first season have yet to be announced, but they will be released before the retail sets, on July 30, 2012.

The mega set is fantastic news. As long as the price isn't higher than what the individual sets will cost, I'm all over that one.

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    The mega set is fantastic news. As long as the price isn't higher than what the individual sets will cost, I'm all over that one.
    I have a feeling that it will. I think of the complete collection for The Real Ghostbusters offered by TimeLife which consisted of 25 DVDs containing 147 episodes total, and is being currently offered at $125.98. Now just think of the PR mega set with its 40 DVDs and 338 episodes. Either way, this sounds kind of nice and I hope that by some miracle, the price of the mega-set won't set me back too many stones. Plus it would be nice to be able to toss the tapes I used to record episodes on, which probably don't play too well anymore.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Dogbert is offline I Don't See Gravity
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
    I have a feeling that it will. I think of the complete collection for The Real Ghostbusters offered by TimeLife which consisted of 25 DVDs containing 147 episodes total, and is being currently offered at $125.98. Now just think of the PR mega set with its 40 DVDs and 338 episodes.
    Well, that gives us some math to do... The first volume is $20 MSRP, discounted to $14 on Amazon. We can calculate the total cost a number of ways...

MSRP is $6.66 per disc, so $267 for 40 discs.
    MSRP is $20 per volume, so $280 for seven sets of two volumes.
    Amazon price is $4.67 per disc, so $187 for 40 discs.
    Amazon price is $14 per volume, so $196 for seven sets of two volumes.

Time Life rate of 25 discs for $180 equals $7.28 per disc, which is $292 for 40 discs.

So, about $100 more. That, of course, assumes the same rate for Power Rangers that Real Ghostbusters got, and that the price remains stable for retail releases. Plus, if you buy in stores, you'll probably be paying a tad bit more than Amazon is charging.

I probably would not be willing to pay that much more just to get the sets right away. However, we don't know that's the price, so nothing to do now but wait and see...

Edit: Real Ghostbusters was originally $180. I have updated the numbers to reflect this.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hot dog! I doubt I'll be able to afford that mega-set, but it sure is a doozy for fans who can.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My reaction (I think everyone's reaction too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWRNsMFfJD0

Leviathan is offline "It's against nature!"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shout is talking about putting 30 episodes on three discs for the season sets. I'm a tad worried about compression.
    Zim: "I thought the Tallest killed you."
    Skoodge "Yeah, but I'm all right now."
    Mad Jack the Pirate: "You were DEAD! How do you get better from being DEAD, you Scottish twit?!??"

Terror of Death is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just looked at Time Life's website and the 40 dvd boxset of the six million dollar man is $240. As long as the PR set is no more than $250 I'll be willing to shell out the dough.

If this mega set does well for Shout and Time Life I think it's safe to assume a second boxset containing the remaining 362 episodes will be released in the future. I'm more of a fan of the Disney era than the Saban one so that's the set I'm really hoping comes to fruition. *Fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Shout is talking about putting 30 episodes on three discs for the season sets. I'm a tad worried about compression.
    The Shout employee who's been posting on Rangerboard told fans they took that into account and not to worry. The early episodes of PR were 3-4 minutes less than the future ones so the first few dvds have a bit more space for more episodes.