Quantcast
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
    Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    "Green with Evil" will have its own release on September 23rd.
    Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Green With Evil | Shout!Factory
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Power Rangers in Space volume 2 will be out on October 7th.

Power Rangers: In Space, Vol. 2 | Shout!Factory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shout! Factory is still continuing on with their individual DVD releases. So far, they've been splitting seasons into two volumes, but when they start doing Lost Galaxy on March 10th of next year, it'll be a COMPLETE set.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/kids/ki...omplete-series

veemonjosh is offline EXACTLY!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well that's good to hear. Hopefully this'll speed up the release of the individual seasons, I was dreading the thought of waiting until 2018/2019 to buy RPM at the rate they were going.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 4/24 - Nashicon 2015/
    Interview with Vincent Baker/Psychic Wars OVA)

Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just cause I'm in a posting mood recently, something always puzzled me about the occasion DVDs that Disney did for the series. Why didn't Ninja Storm through S.P.D. get a full season release?

No I don't mean Season Sets. But rather, from NS to SPD, each season had 5 volumes. Which would be enough for each season to be released providing that they went with a couple discs with 8 episodes, while the rest contain 7.

Plus while the DVD features weren't much, I still think it would be be less costly to do 7-8 episodes a disc that producing entirely new content which would cost extra. Heck even Mystic Force which had only four releases would have been able to do the same at 8 episodes a disc. I mean it would please the fans and really require less effort than how they handled them.
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    Just cause I'm in a posting mood recently, something always puzzled me about the occasion DVDs that Disney did for the series. Why didn't Ninja Storm through S.P.D. get a full season release?

No I don't mean Season Sets. But rather, from NS to SPD, each season had 5 volumes. Which would be enough for each season to be released providing that they went with a couple discs with 8 episodes, while the rest contain 7.

Plus while the DVD features weren't much, I still think it would be be less costly to do 7-8 episodes a disc that producing entirely new content which would cost extra. Heck even Mystic Force which had only four releases would have been able to do the same at 8 episodes a disc. I mean it would please the fans and really require less effort than how they handled them.
    I guess they were only interested in putting out select episodes, not realizing that the show has a fanbase that would actually want whole seasons.

Disney did complete Operation Overdrive on DVD, however, and it looked like they were going to do the same for Jungle Fury and R.P.M. They release the two PRJF DVDs and they covered the first 12 episodes, and you think they're going to do more to complete it. They do, but only for people in the UK, or anywhere that does region 2. R.P.M.'s two DVDs cover the first 10 episodes, and there were plans to release more DVDs and probably complete the season, but it didn't happen.

This is why I'm grateful that Saban reacquired the franchise, despite the dissatisfaction the fans have been having with the show since Samurai. Shout! Factory was able to go to Saban after all the big news of them reacquiring the franchise and strike up a DVD distribution deal with them, and Saban accepted. Before then, Saban had already made every single solitary episode available for streaming on Netflix. Thanks to Shout! Factory stepping up though, they did us one better and got all those episodes on actual DVDs that we can own, hold in our hands, and play virtually any time we wish. No more importing from Germany and the UK for those in North America. This wouldn't have been possible while the franchise were still in Disney's possession. So those who haven't been happy with the past few seasons ought to learn to take the bad with the good. Then again, that's not too hard for me to say since the past seasons since Saban's reacquisition haven't made me mad enough to bite off a kitten's head.

Now outside of their legacy set, Shout! Factory only has distribution rights to seasons up to R.P.M. Anything after is currently in Lionsgate's hands. The recently released the Megaforce Christmas special on DVD, and it's in the proper widescreen format, unlike their releases of the preceding holiday specials. So it seems like they're wising up. I just hope they do better and also put out the Halloween specials on DVD. I'd also hope for Blu-ray releases, but after dismal sales of their Super Samurai Blu-ray, that's obviously asking too much.

I'm glad that Shout! Factory was able to use special features on Disney's releases and use them on their own releases though. It's just too bad that Disney didn't think to use the PROO behind the scenes special as a special feature on any of their PROO DVDs. Then we could have had that on the Shout! Factory DVDs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BeetleBorgs will finally be complete on DVD as of May 5th. The only way to get the final volume though, is on Shout! Factory's on web site.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/kids/ki...ason-two-vol-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On August 10th of 2012, along with the MMPR complete series set/seasons 4-7 bundle, Time-Life offered a 6-disc set for the complete first season. Last week on March 10th though, along with releasing the complete PRLG season, Shout! Factory put out a version of the complete season 1 set as a Wal-Mart exclusive. It has an MSRP of $14.99, and the cover art looks different. It uses the image of the MMPR season 1-volume 1 set, has a blue background, and has a peel-back graphic on the upper right-hand corner of the front cover stating that it has six discs. Wal-Mart currently doesn't have a listing for it on their site, but some other site shows the front cover.

PHASE 4 FILMS

Amazon's Canadian site also has a listing for MMPR season 2, which they also made available last week on March 10th.

http://www.amazon.ca/Mighty-Morphin-...ngers+season+2

Shout! Factory seems to also have plans to release that as a Wal-Mart exclusive, but they don't have a set date for it yet.

https://twitter.com/ShoutFactory/sta...23268048945152

On the legacy set front, it started off at $650, then went down to $500, and then $400. When it was at $400, there would be the occasional sale that would knock the price down to $320. Now that seems to be the new standard price.

Power Rangers Legacy The First 20 Seasons - 98 Disc DVD Set in a Collectible Helmet Package

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425