Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Been wanting to see some of these features for sometime what with the VHS tapes wearing down overtime.

Now are they going to be limited to the Season Sets or will they also be included on the Volume Releases?
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

Chaotix12345 is offline Told ya...the name's "Slash."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The special features are only included on the bonus discs included with the MMPR Complete Series and Zeo through Lost Galaxy sets. They won't be included on the individual volumes or season sets.
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    Been wanting to see some of these features for sometime what with the VHS tapes wearing down overtime.
    Yeah it's pretty cool that they were able to get most of the direvt-to-VHS releases from the past as special features. The one thing that they're missing though is the first kata video that Jason David Frank put out. They weren't able to find a master of it for the special features, but they might be able to use someon's VHS copy if they ever do another box set with special features. I wish I had suggested the direct-to-VHS version of "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger" which had Kat, and some extra scenes not in the one that aired on TV. I'll gladly submit my VHS copy to them if they decide they want to put that out on a possible future box set.

I also have some of those direct-to-VHS titles that are listed as special features, so maybe I can see about selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
    The special features are only included on the bonus discs included with the MMPR Complete Series and Zeo through Lost Galaxy sets. They won't be included on the individual volumes or season sets.
    So now that we know what special features will be specific to the MMPR complete series set, that just leaves these for the seasons 4-7 set:

1. Tales of the Giant Banana: A Look Back at Bulk & Skull
    2. A Convention With Attitude: Power Morphicon
    3. The Lost Episode
    4. Power Playback: Power Rangers Funniest Moments
    5. It's Comin' ZEO Serial
    6. Gold Lining ZEO Promo
    7. Tanya's Stick Together Music Video

So yeah, that makes sense.

By the way, if you thought the $219.95 price tag for the season 1-7 set was steep, someone is selling just the MMPR complete series set on eBay for $300. Ripoff much?
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Chaotix12345 is offline Told ya...the name's "Slash."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
    I wish I had suggested the direct-to-VHS version of "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger" which had Kat, and some extra scenes not in the one that aired on TV. I'll gladly submit my VHS copy to them if they decide they want to put that out on a possible future box set.
    Actually, it's quite possible that that's the version they chose to represent the episode on the box set, since a couple of people on RangerBoard pointed out the differences to Brian Ward.
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
    Actually, it's quite possible that that's the version they chose to represent the episode on the box set, since a couple of people on RangerBoard pointed out the differences to Brian Ward.
    I saw, and I was concerned about that. I really hope Shout! Factory didn't use the VHS version to be among the episodes, as that's the wrong one. Despite the position in which the TV version of "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger" first aired among the episodes, that's the one that was meant to be part of the continuity. It was only aired out of order to be closer to the holiday season and even premiered on Thanksgiving of 1995. (Just like Zeo's "A Season to Remember", only that aired the day before Thanksgiving of 1996.) So if Shout! Factory went with Saban's episodes, they'd have used that version among the episodes in the set too. After all, it even has the Ninjazords and Ninja Megazord in its opening credits, and Kimberly is still a ranger in the episode.

rkofan87 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i know its non canon but wher dose the pr movie fit in continuity with the show

Dogbert is offline I Don't See Gravity
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xplayfan21 View Post
    i know its non canon but wher dose the pr movie fit in continuity with the show
    MMPR:TM does not fit in continuity anywhere, but it can be viewed as an alternative version of Ninja Quest, so watching it between season two and season three is probably the best place for it. Turbo:APRM, on the other hand, is in continuity and belongs after PRZ and before PRT (obviously).

rkofan87 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    MMPR:TM does not fit in continuity anywhere, but it can be viewed as an alternative version of Ninja Quest, so watching it between season two and season three is probably the best place for it. Turbo:APRM, on the other hand, is in continuity and belongs after PRZ and before PRT (obviously).
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Brian Ward tweeted from SDCC that the MMPR complete series set has sold out.

https://twitter.com/BWard028/status/224566438000738304

That seems to be a good sign, but it really is just the beginning. Hopefully the season 1-7 set will sell just as well at TimeLife. They may even do another mega set if it does.

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Honestly SPD is the only Power Rangers I really care for anymore (only started watching it on Netflix a few months ago), but this is great news.