Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

USA Today is giving some love to the PR Legacy set, doing an article and even showing a clip from one of its exclusive bonus features.

'Power Rangers' villains are still living large
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
    USA Today is giving some love to the PR Legacy set, doing an article and even showing a clip from one of its exclusive bonus features.

'Power Rangers' villains are still living large
    "You don't buy into the danger that these kids are trying to save the world from if you aren't scared of this impending doom."

The current Power Rangers writers could learn a lot from this. Megaforce has been very lacking on any sense of immediate danger from the villains (which has become one of my primary complaints next to the almost complete absence of character development for anyone except Robo Knight, but that's a rant for another thread).
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Ranger Tales feature on the seasons 8-12 set lacks discussions with DinoThunder cast members, but a DinoThunder Ranger Tales will be on the legacy set, as well as Lost Galaxy, and of course, Samurai/Super Samurai and Megaforce.

https://twitter.com/BWard028/status/400306120343818240

Just as I was wondering, the Ranger Secrets feature that will be on both the legacy set and the seasons 13-17 set will have material from the rangersecrets.com that's now defunct.

https://twitter.com/BWard028/status/400310827997069312

I thought that maybe the PROO behind the scenes special might be included in the Ranger Secrets feature, but Brian has confirmed elsewhere that it's not. I know that he took the features that are on Disney's PROO DVDs and used them for his sets, but it would have been nice if they had the PROO special on one of their volumes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No release date for this yet, but the box art for the PR seasons 13-17 set from Shout! Factory has been revealed, and it'll be released next year.

Power Rangers Seasons 13-17 (S.P.D. to RPM) Box Art - RangerCrew Blog

Now all we need to see is the artwork for each of the set's seasons.

The volume releases of Power Rangers will still be coming, and will apparently come out every three months, or sometimes every two months. Shout! Factory has the distribution rights up to R.P.M. That's 17 seasons total, and apparently they're splitting up the seasons into two volume releases. If they ever get as far up to R.P.M. that could be as early as summer 2018 or as late as summer 2010. A LONG time to wait. I wonder if DVDs will still even be an active format by then.

The possibility of such a long wait to complete the releases makes me glad that Shout! Factory made it a point to make all of these seasons available much earlier, through the mega sets. The seasons 8-12 set is already out, and around December 3rd of this year, 2000 lucky fans will be able to own all the seasons. That legacy set won't come cheap, but I can see the seasons 13-17 set coming out in either the spring or the summer of next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I should have seen this coming, but due to an issue with the production of the helmet, the release of the legacy set is being pushed back so that they'll ship around January 2nd. They've sent out e-mails to the people who have pre-ordered, and this is part of what the e-mail says:

Dear Shout! Factory Customer,

We have just learned of a production delay in the manufacture of the helmet for the Power Rangers Legacy Collection. Due to this unexpected delay, we now have a targeted ship date of January 2, 2014.

We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Since we want you to have something before the holiday season, we will be sending you a set of four high-quality 12”x18” lithographs featuring J.C. Alcantara’s original illustrations used on the four multi-season Power Rangers box sets (pictured below), limited to 1,000 sets. We will send these to you the week of December 16, and require no further payment or action from you. We sincerely hope that these collectible items, available nowhere else, will tide you over until your Legacy Collection set arrives.
    You all have already seen the box art for the mega sets, and Shout! Factory has a picture of them at their site, but this is a direct link that shows them all:
    http://www.powerrangerslegacycollect...-2-520x768.jpg

I wouldn't mind if they sent us artwork cards of the covers of the season sets either. Then again, those could probably be in the legacy set's booklet. A full page of the artwork that would divide the episode and character information by seasons.

I'd like to think that they could get the issue resolved sooner so that they don't have to wait until January 2nd to ship them out. There was a similar case where TimeLife pushed back the shipment date of the MMPR set and seasons 4-7 season set a week, but then were able to ship them out before the date to which they pushed the release back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, the legacy sets have started to ship out today. Most of them anyway. It looks like I'm one of those who'll have to wait for theirs to ship out tomorrow. Brian Ward of Shout! Factory tweeted that they've sold more than half of their supply of them.

https://twitter.com/BWard028/status/418135196806811648

Also, the seasons 13-17 set and Turbo volume 1 will both be out on April 1st.
    Amazon.com: Power Rangers: Seasons 13 -17: Various, Terence H. Winkless: Movies & TV
    Amazon.com: Power Rangers: Turbo, Vol. 1: Blake Foster, Gregg Bullock, Judd Lynn: Movies & TV

So pretty soon, the first 1000+ people will be able to own all of the 20 current seasons in one set. Then Shout! Factory will have all the seasons to which they have the distribution rights (that would be up to R.P.M.) available come April 1st. For those who want the individual volumes, we're making it to the first half of Turbo on that same day.

Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, the season sets will only be at Turbo by April? Jeez. And hmm, I'll actually have enough money for the Legacy set by the end of January. I'll probably save up for it and if they are sold out or I decide I don't want it any more, I can always just spend my money on other things.
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonpiece View Post
    Man, the season sets will only be at Turbo by April? Jeez. And hmm, I'll actually have enough money for the Legacy set by the end of January. I'll probably save up for it and if they are sold out or I decide I don't want it any more, I can always just spend my money on other things.
    Well the volume sets have been coming out since August 2012, and they come out every two or three months. They might be trying to speed things up by putting out the volumes every two months most of the time instead of every three months. Plus these seasons are being split in half. Also, they might even start releasing them whole when (or if) they get up to Lightspeed Rescue since that's when the seasons start getting shorter. That would really speed things up. So if they reach all the way up to R.P.M., the individual sets could be all done by 2018 either in the first or second quarter.

It's just a good thing that they're making it a point to get all of their seasons out there in some fashion, even if it's in multi-season sets. That, and they're making it happen as early as this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So they started shipping the legacy sets on Thursday, and some people have actually received their legacy sets yesterday, since they live so close to the warehouses in Indiana from where they were being shipped. In fact, Eric, the guy in the video linked to below, posted a live unboxing yesterday at 1pm EST since he was one of those people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XSf6mxYhO8

From the video, you learn such facts such as these:
    -The season/disc count is the same as in the mega sets. Samurai has two discs, Super Samurai has three discs, and Megaforce has four discs. Also, S.P.D. has five discs while Mystic Force, Operation Overdrive, Jungle Fury, and R.P.M. have four, and likewise in the seasons 13-17 set.

-The disc art is different from that of the mega sets and volume sets.

-A list of the tin casings with the discs they hold (which they also mention on their back):
    1. Mastodon: MMPR1 discs 1-6, MMPR2 discs 1-4
    2. Pteradacytl: MMPR2 discs 5-6, space for the MMPR:TM disc (not included, of course), all 4 MMPR3 discs, MMAR disc, Zeo discs 1-2
    3. Triceratops: Zeo discs 3-5, space for the T:APRM disc, all 5 Turbo discs, Space disc 1
    4. Saber-Tooth Tiger: Space discs 2-5, all 5 Lost Galaxy discs, Lightspeed Rescue disc 1
    5. Tyrannosaurus: Lightspeed Rescue discs 2-5, all 5 Time Force discs, Wild Force disc 1
    6. Dragonzord: Wild Force discs 2-5, all 5 Ninja Storm discs, DinoThunder disc 1
    7. Tigerzord: DinoThunder discs 2-5, all five S.P.D. discs, Mystic Force disc 1
    8. Ape: Mystic Force discs 2-4, all 4 Operation Overdrive discs, Jungle Fury discs 1-3
    9. Red Aquitar Ranger: Jungle Fury disc 4, all 4 R.P.M. discs, both Samurai discs, all three Super Samurai discs
    10. 20th Anniversary: all 4 Megaforce discs, 6 bonus discs
    NOTE: Eric says in the video that there's a space for MMPR:TM in between Zeo disc 5 and Turbo disc 1, but it turned out that his set has an error. In the sleeves for the movie discs are paper inserts that specify what movie they're intended for, and he just happened to have two inserts that say "MMPR:TM". He also overlooked the space for MMPR:TM in the 2nd casing.

-The MMAR disc is just labeled "disc 1" instead of "season 3.5" like in the casing for MMPR season 3 in the mega set.

-The booklet lists the episodes as they are on the discs, but lacks episode descriptions like the booklets in the mega sets. It also has no ranger profiles like the mega set booklet does. Even so, it does have artwork of its own, such as spread-out shots of ranger teams where some span two pages, and artwork of each Red Ranger (Lauren represents Super Samurai/season 19).

Things I've learned from other sources not touched upon in the video are:
    -The Samurai episodes are placed in the proper order. You all might remember how the first two Samurai episodes initially aired much later, yet they started out with the third episode.

-The specials from both Samurai and Super Samurai are on the third Super Samurai disc.

-The Samurai, Super Samurai, and Megaforce episodes are in their original widescreen format. Which is good, since Lionsgate released the holiday specials in fullscreen format.

The sets are individually numbered, and Brian Ward of Shout! Factory mentioned in a tweet that Haim Saban himself has the #1 set.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BWard028/...0745952256?p=p

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And for those wanting a complete Samurai set to go with the Super Samurai set that Lionsgate released back in December of 2012, you're in luck. Lionsgate has (without any prior announcement) released a complete set TODAY:

Amazon.com: Power Ranger Samurai - The Complete Series

Things to note about this release, however:

1) It's only on DVD, no HD Blu-Ray release (which Super Samurai did get)
    2) It's a print-on-demand release, so don't expect it to be up to the same standards as a regular release.
    4) It doesn't appear that the Halloween or Christmas specials are included.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    And for those wanting a complete Samurai set to go with the Super Samurai set that Lionsgate released back in December of 2012, you're in luck. Lionsgate has (without any prior announcement) released a complete set TODAY:

Amazon.com: Power Ranger Samurai - The Complete Series

Things to note about this release, however:

1) It's only on DVD, no HD Blu-Ray release (which Super Samurai did get)
    2) It's a print-on-demand release, so don't expect it to be up to the same standards as a regular release.
    4) It doesn't appear that the Halloween or Christmas specials are included.
    People are thinking we could get a complete set of Megaforce, as well as future seasons if this sells well. I already have the volumes, and I have the legacy set, which are actual DVDs, so I'll most likely pass on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Power Rangers Megaforce volume 2 is scheduled for release on April 8th.

Amazon.com: Power Rangers Megaforce 3: Movies & TV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's an extensive review on the Power Rangers Legacy DVD set. As I post this, the reviewer says it's still a work in progress, but I think he may have pretty much covered everything. I doubt most of you will be getting this, but since it's basically a conglomerate of the multi-season sets and more, you'll at least have an idea as to what the seasons 13-17 set has to offer when it's released on April 1st. Plus I'm sure most of you will be more likely to get that.

Power Rangers Legacy Collection Review - RangerCrew Blog

I've received one of the 2000 legacy sets being made, and mine is number #545. So far, they've actually sold more than 1000 of them. They say they're currently out of stock, but there are still more to sell, and they just have to get those units in, which won't be available until February. So I guess after those are all sold, that's it.

Outside of the legacy set, the discs for Zeo through R.P.M. aren't labeled to designate what season they represent. As you can see in a picture in the review, you can see that the Megaforce disc shown states that it's season 20. Zeo is season 4, Turbo is season 5, and so on. The MMAR disc is just labeled "disc 1" instead of "season 3.5" like in the casing for MMPR season 3 in the mega set. When sold individually, the disc doesn't state either.

The outline of the companion booklet is the foreword from Haim Saban. Then each season's section has a season synopsis that's the same as what's on the back of the individual season sets. The ones for Alien Rangers, Lost Galaxy and DinoThunder are the only ones that aren't exactly down word for word. Then each season's section lists its episodes, and the discs that they're on.

It also has fun facts at the beginning of each season's section. One of the fun facts makes it known that MMPR:TM is not a part of the TV storyline like T:APRM is, and there are probably people who are either still wondering about that, or still insist that MMPR:TM fits in with the show. About R.P.M., it says that some believe that R.P.M. takes place in a parallel universe. I thought it was once confirmed that it actually is. It would have been nice if the booklet had the ranger profiles. Especially the ones for Samurai and Megaforce Rangers since this might be the only Shout! Factory release that involves them. So I'd still keep my MMPR complete series set and seasons 4-7 set, and I'd still like to get the seasons 8-12 and seasons 13-17 sets.

Lionsgate has the general home video distribution rights to Samurai, Super Samurai, and Megaforce, but Shout! Factory was able to get Lionsgate's permission to have those seasons on this set. I'd have to say that Shout! Factory did a better job with the episodes than Lionsgate. Some of the episodes had recaps, and they're not present on Lionsgate's releases.

With this set, you get all the direct-to-video releases as special features. Jason David Frank's first karate video missed its chance to be on the MMPR complete series set, but its on the bonus disc exclusive to this set. Unfortunately though, the picture quality of the video isn't too good. It still looks like VHS, and you can even hear the crackle in it at some points, especially at the beginning. All the other features that are direct-to-video releases have all been pretty much cleaned up. Either that, or Saban always had decent masters to use. Even so, the picture quality of that feature isn't unwatchable.

These are the ten MMPR PSAs that are exclusive as special features to this set. These are the ones it features that you guys might remember, and they're from the first season:
    -Self control: Jason makes a friend of an enemy
    -Fights: three kids gang up on a boy because they thought they took their ball
    -The Wrong Crowd: Zack helps a kid see that he doesn't have to pick on someone just because his friends do
    -Anger Management: Jason and Zack help a girl calm down after her brother ticked her off
    -Don't Encourage: Jason and Billy show two kids how they helped start a fight
    -Reality Check: Kimberly and Billy help distinguish fantasy and reality
    -Determination: Jason and Zack stop Bulk and Skull from discouraging a kid from practicing a move he's having trouble with
    -We're All Different: Jason and Kimberly help a kid named Norm see that not everybody should be the same
    -Magic of Television: Billy helps Alpha 5 understand special effects and how they're made
    -Teamwork: Zack and Kimberly show kids playing basketball how to cooperate

The legacy set is limited to just 2000 units, but by the time the seasons 13-17 set comes out in April, Shout! Factory will have widely released all the seasons to which they generally have the home video distribution rights. Even after that, they'll still continue to put out individual volumes of each season, and they'll put out Turbo volume 1 on the same day as the seasons 13-17 set. It could take about four more years for them to put out the remaining seasons on DVD individually, yet there's always the chance that sales may not allow them to get that far. So I'm glad they made it a point to make all their seasons available much sooner in some form. Since I've got the legacy set, and am able to see all of their releases, I can honestly say that I think that they've done a good job. Now, Samurai and on is in Lionsgate's hands, but their releases could use some work. Samurai is available in five individual volumes and its specials are available on their own DVDs. Super Samurai is available on both DVD and Blu-ray as a complete season, but just the first 16 episodes are available on four volumes. They also have yet to release the PRSS Halloween special on its own. Now they're doing Megaforce, and currently, its first 8 episodes are available on two volumes, and the next four will be released on a third volume in April. So hopefully Lionsgate will make good on future seasons as long as they still maintain the rights to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jason David Frank is raffling an autographed legacy set.
    https://twitter.com/jdfffn/status/428359916659949568
    Instagram
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

People outside of the US and Canada are actually eligible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    IGN's review of the Power Rangers legacy set. It might say things that other reviews have already stated, but here it is if anyone might want to look at it.

Power Rangers Legacy: The First 20 Seasons DVD Review - IGN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Power Rangers Turbo volume 2 will be out on June 3rd.

Power Rangers: Turbo, Vol. 2 | Shout!Factory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An early review on the seasons 13-17 set.

Power Rangers Seasons 13-17 DVD Box Set Review - RangerCrew Blog

So come April 1st, and that's no foolin', people won't have to be among the lucky 2000 to own all the first seventeen seasons Shout! Factory has the rights to. As for individual sets, there are the first and second halves of Turbo coming out on April 1st and June 3rd respectively. After that, let's see how much further they'll get with the volumes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The legacy set is now being offered to those in select international countries. For them, it's $800 U.S., but they can get $50 U.S. shaved off with the code RANGER50.

Every Power Rangers Episode Ever Aired Plus Never Before Seen Bonus Footage

https://mobile.twitter.com/BWard028/...1391674368?p=v

https://mobile.twitter.com/BWard028/...7663719424?p=v

Also, the Power Rangers Turbo volume 1 set and the seasons 13-17 set consisting of S.P.D. through R.P.M. will be out tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Power Rangers in Space volume 1 comes out on August 5th.

Amazon.com: Power Rangers in Space 1: Movies & TV

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12