Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episodes #39-40

Like This Thread!

Episode #39 was rather forgettable. I do like that the fights are starting to pick up pace, though.

Episode #40 was nice, though. It feels like we haven't have a Jin/Jueki episode in forever, so it was awesome seeing them have shenanigans again. It was also cool learning why Jueki keeps getting in the way of Jin every time Jin is making a one-liner: he's trying to protect Jin from getting hit!
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The penultimate mission. Red Buster vs. Red Buster. Hiromu vs. Enter.

Mission 49
    "Preparation and Selection"

The Go-Busters begin to lose hope when Enter becomes more powerful every time they manage to defeat him, especially when he transforms into an evil version of Red Buster. As Hiromu steels his resolve into sacrificing himself for the good of his friends, Masato tries to prepare an alternative.

(I should really marathon the past 14 episodes before next week's finale...)
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episodes #41-44

The Powered Custom fights really are getting better. The use of the second opening in the fights is getting a bit much, though. Episode #43 was a really good use of the standard Christmas episode, though.

Good luck on catchin' up before Kyouryuuger, Josh!

EDIT: Woah, just watched episode #44. Man, Go-Busters really has made mecha fights relevant again. I hope Toei keeps this up, because these fights are great. I also have to wonder if episode #43-44 will get a director's cut release. It's certainly make a lot more since than #15-16.
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 02-03-2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Added note on episode #44.

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All I can say is why'd it take so like to make the overall story good. I was shocked when Enter revealed Card 13 was inside our hero. I've enjoyed the individual fight scenes with the Megazords, and I especially love our lovely lion friend. The series began way too boring, but the last quarter has been the great battle I'm used to seeing these series end with.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode
    Enter becoming Dark Red Buster was cool and the action scenes were awesome
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episodes #45-46.

Episode #45 seems to me like it was mostly written to take place before episodes #43-44. While Enter and Escape are absent there doesn't seem to be any real mention of the huge battle the Go-Busters just went through. Episode #46 actually feels like it takes place after episode #44, leading me to think there was a bit of schedule shifting going on behind the scenes. Also, Jueki. In drag.

I was pretty surprised to find that episode #46 was also a Ryuuji episode, although perhaps one could call it a Youko episode, too. I suppose if the final episodes are Hiromu centric that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    All I can say is why'd it take so like to make the overall story good. I was shocked when Enter revealed Card 13 was inside our hero. I've enjoyed the individual fight scenes with the Megazords, and I especially love our lovely lion friend. The series began way too boring, but the last quarter has been the great battle I'm used to seeing these series end with.
    I think the problem is based in conflicting signals from higher-ups. Go-Busters jerked too much from it's more realistic tone to a standard Super Sentai tone. I think this affected Hiromu the most because his character really lost a step once they began to portray him as a standard, comedic Red. While the serious episodes bring him back to the character one might expect I get a feeling that a lot of the scripts for the series were tossed out during production.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The war against the Vagrass ends today! But will all the Go-Busters make it out alive?

Final Mission
    "Eternal Bonds"

Now in an unstable Subspace, the Go-Busters prepare to finish things with Enter once and for all while Masato's enacts his gambit to remove the Messiah Card from Hiromu and save everyone.

Another great year of Sentai. It had its ups and downs, but Gobusters was a good series that, if the ratings are anything to go by, will go down as an underrated gem.

I'll post a fuller write-up on my thoughts at a later point, but for now, it's time for Busters for the last time. (until the post-series DTV in June). See you all next week for a brand new Sentai with a familiar theme: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger!
    Last edited by veemonjosh; 02-09-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    The war against the Vagrass ends today! But will all the Go-Busters make it out alive?

Final Mission
    "Eternal Bonds"

Now in an unstable Subspace, the Go-Busters prepare to finish things with Enter once and for all while Masato's enacts his gambit to remove the Messiah Card from Hiromu and save everyone.

Another great year of Sentai. It had its ups and downs, but Gobusters was a good series that, if the ratings are anything to go by, will go down as an underrated gem.

I'll post a fuller write-up on my thoughts at a later point, but for now, it's time for Busters for the last time. (until the post-series DTV in June). See you all next week for a brand new Sentai with a familiar theme: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger!
    An underrated gem? Granted I'm fairly new to watching the Sentai series (this being the 5th one I've watched from start to finish), but Go-Busters is by far the worst Sentai series I've watched. If the stories I've heard are true and Tzachor has adapted Lightspeed, Time Force, and Wild Force almost identical to their Sentai series, then I'd have to say this is the worst Sentai series in 12 years. Sure, the last 13 or so episodes have been great, but too much repetition early on had me almost stop watching this series. I've been disgusted with it and am more than glad they are moving on to the next series. The villain was boring and the Rangers were too predictable. My honest opinion is that the best episodes of the season have been the Space Sheriff Gavan crossover's, but that is solely because they were slightly different than the rest of the series.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So.

Spoiler:
    It looks like Jin really did die. That makes four heroes. Damn.

Ryoutarou is offline [Insert title]
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    An underrated gem? Granted I'm fairly new to watching the Sentai series (this being the 5th one I've watched from start to finish), but Go-Busters is by far the worst Sentai series I've watched. If the stories I've heard are true and Tzachor has adapted Lightspeed, Time Force, and Wild Force almost identical to their Sentai series, then I'd have to say this is the worst Sentai series in 12 years. Sure, the last 13 or so episodes have been great, but too much repetition early on had me almost stop watching this series. I've been disgusted with it and am more than glad they are moving on to the next series. The villain was boring and the Rangers were too predictable. My honest opinion is that the best episodes of the season have been the Space Sheriff Gavan crossover's, but that is solely because they were slightly different than the rest of the series.
    It seems like a lot of what you're feeling was echoed by the audiences in Japan. Gokaiger dragged ratings down and then Go-Busters not only premiered to low ratings, but it was consistently getting ratings that could barely pass for decent. Around episode 14 or 15, one of the producers is removed from the series and you start to see more changes going on as early as episode 22 with Hiromu acting really out of character for himself. Enter's Megazord plot is wrapped up when the new Beet Buster mecha appears and, rather unceremoniously, crushes it. I think Bandai was getting upset that the show was sort of just throwing out these new toys but not making a spectacle of them. These could be reasons the series failed to move toys.

Then you see things come to a head when they essentially write out the raison d'etre during that two parter at the end of the 20s to coincide with the premiere of Kamen Rider Wizard, then basically forget the hyperspace training angle with the protector units and all this ends something like eight straight episodes of gimmicks. "It's the final battle against Messiah!" "It's Space Sheriff Gavan!" "It's the power up!" "It's an evil Ranger!" "It's a new robot!". Yeah, Sentai's there to sell toys, but it rarely feels so up front about it as it did during this period - though a lot of people seem to enjoy this period as well because even though they introduced new toys, they necessitated a stronger story.

Basically, Go-Busters had a really bad production period and a writer and producer who did what they were told, even at the cost of series integrity. In the end you have what becomes the lowest rated Sentai series ever in TV ratings and a couple of weird lessons for Toei to take away from the mess that was Go-Busters.

Though I will miss that snazzy suit material. The Go-Busters suits are relatively plain as far as designs go, I'd have enjoyed seeing a more boisterous design using that material.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think what really hurt Go-Busters was the hit that Hiromu took as a character. It felt like the production crew was trying to make a generic Sentai series at that point, which I think really hurt the series. The quality of the one-shots up through the Hyperspace arc (not to mention the first four or five episodes after it) really did a number on the series. It wasn't until after LiOu was made a full member of the team that I felt the series was starting to get some of its strength back. I'm kind of weary of Kyouryuuger simply trying to be 'back to basics' as a generic Sentai series after how Go-Busters sort of fell apart. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, espicially considering how much I like Chiba Shigeru.

Ryoutarou is offline [Insert title]
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Kyouryuger is going to be fairly different from what we've seen before. We've got three key staff members, the writer, director, and producer, who have never actually worked on Sentai in those positions full time. At this point it really does feel like Toei's just sort of throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great Final episode
    The action scenes were awesome and they finally defeated Enter

Gobusters was a good series but not as good as Gokaiger or my other favorite super sentai mostly because it's too serious and no 6th Ranger
    What i really like about Gobusters is Beetbuster and Stagbuster and the funny scenes like Redbuster's Weakness to Chicken XD
    I can't to see Kyoryuger
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An emotional ending if ever there was one. At least Go-Busters went out on a winner...although, that poor Enter Red Buster suit. So little screen time for such an awesome suit.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7