Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Sgt.Frog is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Yeah, I thought this episode was pretty boring. I didn't hate it, but it didn't really interest me or entertain me. I'm really hoping for Mike and Antonio episode, they truly only manage to be the consistently entertaining and developed characters in the show for me. Jayden episodes might be okay, but they're pretty hit-and-miss.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I do find some of the writing and acting this season a tad better. Jayden actually showing a sense of humor for example is good.

Couldn't they figure out a way to clone the black box that way all of them can super-samurize at once?

I was surprised Dekker's coming back was explained so simply. I figured his life was tied to his sword, but whatever.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Couldn't they figure out a way to clone the black box that way all of them can super-samurize at once?
    Keep in mind that it took Antonio weeks to be able to create one black box. It it took him the same rate for each of them, the series would be over before they each got their own black box. Besides, the Japanese footage only has one at a time using it. However there is no reason they couldn't each unlock "Shogun powers" since that is completely an American made thing.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Jacob T. Paschal is offline Wolverine by Shida Naotoshi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If they're not going to bother making Super mode footage with all six, I doubt we'd see all six fighting in Shogun mode.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well one would think once Antonio cracked the code on one and since Antonio was able to make his own samurizer based on the tech of the Octozord, he could figure out making several other black boxes for super samurai mode. Just seems to be an inefficient use of the black box that it can only be used one at a time.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Well one would think once Antonio cracked the code on one and since Antonio was able to make his own samurizer based on the tech of the Octozord, he could figure out making several other black boxes for super samurai mode. Just seems to be an inefficient use of the black box that it can only be used one at a time.
    Not when you watch the original (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger). In the original Red is the only one who can handle the Black box regularly because of the sealing symbol that is supposed to give the Rangers the victory in the end. Everyone but Antonio uses it once, but Red is the one who uses it the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    If they're not going to bother making Super mode footage with all six, I doubt we'd see all six fighting in Shogun mode.
    Now, as far as saying you don't think they'd have everyone have Shogun mode, let me point out something. When they had Jaden gain the bullzord, they actually showed the original 5 Rangers all in Shogun mode, meaning they have footage of the original 5 being in Shogun mode together already. That doesn't mean Antonio will gain those powers, but it seems to indicate that the other 4 will (unless they really wanted to waste money showing the 5 Rangers with shogun mode when Jaden gained the Shogun powers in the first place). Furthermore, the shogun mode is original footage from America. The Super mode isn't original footage since they had it in Japan.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After some Korra, how about some Samurai?

Episode 29 - Runaway Spike
    Originally aired: April 14th, 2012

The Rangers battle a Nighlok that creates mirror images confusing them; Spike looks for a job to help Uncle Bulk.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 8/18 - Animazement 2014)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it just a coincidence that they happen to air an episode with this title on the same week as 4/20?

Episode 30 - The Strange Case of the Munchies
    Originally aired: April 21st, 2012

A Nighlok's black sand causes desperate hunger and thirst in the Rangers, while Emily loses confidence in herself.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 31- A Sticky Situation
    Originally aired: April 28th
    , 2012

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 32- Trust Me
    Originally aired: May 5th
    , 2012

Serrator clouds the minds of Monalua inhabitants, so the Rangers fight him with a Bullzooka.