Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Neo Yi is online now Uhhhhhh...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
    Pretty much had a hunch that the fourth Anniversart event was currently being filmed, given the lack of April Fools videos by the TGWTG crew this year (with the only one that I'm aware of being done by Obscurus Lupa).
    Oancitizen did one with Eraserhead. Pretty funny stuff even if I've never seen the film.

Neo Ultra Mike is online now Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    originally posted by TnAdct1
    Pretty much had a hunch that the fourth Anniversart event was currently being filmed, given the lack of April Fools videos by the TGWTG crew this year (with the only one that I'm aware of being done by Obscurus Lupa).
    In addition to Oancitizen there were others who did April Fools Days jokes actually.

SciFiGuy did a review of Stardust in the guise of the Fantasy Guy.

Welshy did a list of the "top" Rose moments from Dr. Who that were really showing just how awful the character of Rose is. Truthfully you'd have to know Welshy and his tastes of Dr. Who to really get the joke but it still counts.

Angry Joe did a video about Guild's War 2 release which was really just a "psyche here's something random instead for 30 seconds" video.

Blockbuster Buster did a review of Sucker Punch in one of his alternate persona's and a 30 second one sentance review of Percy Jackson

And on his site (not on TGWTG or his blip page) Phelous did a review of the first episode of his old series Mortal Komedy.

In truth not really as good as some of the great pranks from last year but I think due to the anniversary filming being the week of April Fools that was the best that could be done at the time.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    In truth not really as good as some of the great pranks from last year but I think due to the anniversary filming being the week of April Fools that was the best that could be done at the time.
    That's what I meant by the "lack of April Fools videos" comment: this was more in reference to the big names of the site (i.e. Doug, Spoony) doing something for April Fools Day.
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

Chaotix12345 is offline Haz planzzzzzz for Bumblebot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Monterey Jack is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kind of funny having an Old vs. New video where the "new" film is a decade old. Anyways, Manhunter mops the floor with Red Dragon, which is more faithful to the book, but is shot with all the visual flair of a made-for-TV movie. I kind of wish Doug would break down his comparisons to include the technical side of the filmmaking...what about the cinematography, music, visual effects, all of that? Brett Ratner is certainly no Michael Mann.
    "First, ye rubs something furry t' build up a charge...then ye picks yer target!"

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't fault him so much for not being Michael Mann as I do for being Brett Ratner .
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Guess what? "Battleship" came out one month early in the UK. That means....

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...tor-battleship

If there was any doubt about the film's stupidity, it's erased now.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: THE SWEATBOX: Disney's forbidden documentary exposed! Everything you can possibly know about the lost kingdom of the sun!

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to follow Film Brain's advice and stay far, far, away from this movie.

To quote Jay Sherman: "If the movie stinks, just don't go!"

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised but we have the Brad Jones & Co. reactions video and Spoony's two hour long rant vlog to look forward to.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sage and the Nostalgia Critic ruin their eyes with Starchaser: The Legend Of Orin. Intriguing.
    http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/nosta...chaser-6093534

Pretty solid review, this movie looks like an interesting watch... on mute. Maybe I can believe the butt-rape getting past the MPAA, but the pedophilia joke? Yeesh. Not to mention Zygon getting cut in half... they stole Darth Maul's fate from Star Wars Episode I 14 years before it happened! (jk)

Next week: yay, Transformers! Maybe it'll be a ROTLSA where he finds the material hasn't aged well for once.
    Last edited by Astrolupine; 04-17-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."