Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Playing catch up with some of these reviews.

Am I the only one who thinks the writers threw some poorly thought out arabian nights/ jungle motif together and people are really reaching with sexualized chipmunks criticism. She did the same thing with that Newsies review. Creepy.

and what was Mara Wilson beef with the Nostalgia Critic?
    "You make something contemporary and cool and it becomes mediocre, and there’s nothing more criminal than mediocrity. I can deal with a giant flaming disaster and I can deal with something being a beautiful vision, but mediocrity is just horrible." - Doc Hammer

Knightmare is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor Hugbees View Post
    Playing catch up with some of these reviews.

Am I the only one who thinks the writers threw some poorly thought out arabian nights/ jungle motif together and people are really reaching with sexualized chipmunks criticism. She did the same thing with that Newsies review. Creepy.

and what was Mara Wilson beef with the Nostalgia Critic?
    It seems as though Ms. Wilson viewed the Critic as being Doug's true personality instead of a character he played and got tired of her performances being hammered so hard by him. She mentions that after doing research that she was wrong and mentions at the end of her post on it on her site/blog that if Doug wants her to be the Wil Wheaton to her Sheldon Cooper, that she's willing to do so.
    Who knows what is really real..... that's the true question in life.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Nostalgia Chick and Oancitizen ask how bad could Freddy Got Fingered could be.

Turns out very, very bad:
    Spoiler:
    It's The Serbian Film of comedy.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00 View Post
    The Nostalgia Chick and Oancitizen ask how bad could Freddy Got Fingered could be.

Spoiler:
    Just those clips alone gave me reactions similar to theirs. I knew it made no sense, but I didn't know it was so disgusting...
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00 View Post

Spoiler:
    On behalf of the city of Ottawa (where I live and where Tom Green is from) and Algonquin College (where I attend and Tom Green attended in the same program I take) I sincerely apologize for our friend Mr.Green.

Chaotix12345 is offline Let's-a Go! Ku Ku Ku!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But I love Freddy Got Fingered. It's my most guiltiest of guilty pleasures.

Daddy would you like some sausage?/Daddy would you like some sausages?/Daddy would you like some sausage?/ Sausages, Sausages~~~

Review forthcoming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Monterey Jack is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, the nerdy guy did look like James Rolfe...
    "First, ye rubs something furry t' build up a charge...then ye picks yer target!"

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not much of a watcher of the Chick or Oancitizen, but they hit the Freddy Got Fingered video out of the park. As much as I like the movie (against my own better judgement), they totally acted how I kindof expected them to, with oan trying to argue that it is not Dada-esque and them actually going the extra mile with the sausage and what appears to be mayonnaise, and trying to figure out what Tom Green was getting at throughout the entire movie.

And not much of a detractor but c'mon guys, Tom Green's career wasn't a TOTAL loss. I mean he did make that awesome appearance in Clone High ​Episode 3.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Marzgurl does a combination of sketch drawing and abridged of Jem and the Holograms.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...-the-holograms

I just realised this, but Rio is like the 80's version of Mako of Legend Of Korra. Can't pick one girlfriend and no one has a problem with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do find Resurrection to be worse than Alien 3, but not as... insulting. As for the AVP films, I don't recall those ever existing, no. It's just your imagination.

As for the review itself... eh, meh. I just can't help but think numerous fans probably fully covered this one in the past. As for listing Gladiator under Ridley Scott's ' bad movies', you might want to have kept that in your 'Top 11 Popular Films I Hate' list, Doug.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, Gladiator may not be Best Picture deserving, but it's still a great movie. Good review I guess, but not hugely memorable. The only laugh I got was with the dancing chestburster.

Monterey Jack is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aside from the last 20 minutes or so, I don't hate Alien: Ressurection...it's more enjoyable than the dreary, fatalistic Alien 3, the direction by Jean Pierre Jeunet is creative, there are some decent action/suspense setpieces, and Sigourney Weaver is terrific, but overall, like any franchise that goes beyond three movies, there's a palpable sense of fatigue to the proceedings.

The review was solid, although Kingdom Of Heaven is a pretty damn great Ridley Scott movie...providing you watch the vastly superior director's cut.
    "First, ye rubs something furry t' build up a charge...then ye picks yer target!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been meaning to catch up on the last few reviews. That Freddy Got Fingered review was funny, but the movie was so disturbing. I considered stopping it after that bit with the deer, but I just closed my eyes for a moment. I'm not too familiar with Tom Green. I've only seen Bob the Butler, which I thought was a decent movie, but this is just so wrong on so many levels. I got some good laughs from the review on From Justice to Kelly. I remember seeing the ads for that movie and hearing that it went to DVD relatively soon after its premiere. The songs are pretty bland from what I've heard. Todd and NChick have pretty good chemistry in these crossover reviews, so hopefully they'll be able to do another one at some point.

The recent NC review was kind of dull for me. The most noticeable part for me was when he poked at his Transformers review, although I was expecting something on that joke that went on way too long. It doesn't help that I'm not familiar with this franchise. That crossover on Metal Man was really funny though.

JesuOtaku has also reviewed two more movies for Month of Miyazaki: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...iyazaki-part-2

I haven't seen all of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I only saw part of it back when it aired on Cartoon Network. I don't remember my initial feelings of what I did see, other than they did go all out to make Nausicaa a Messiah-figure. As for Castle in the Sky, it's easily my favorite Miyazaki movie for basically the same reasons she mentioned in the review. It's a fun adventure movie with likable characters that makes you feel engaged in the storyline and care what happens to them. I loved watching it and I really should rewatch it during the summer.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright... but I can't help but think a JewWario doing cameo as his rider character was needed due to this full costumes in this movie looking like par TV (if not somewhat bland) tokusatsu characters.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nostalgia Critic reviews Jack.
    http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/nosta...c-jack-6147370

From what I read in an Empire interview, Coppola certainly isn't ashamed of the film, but instead happy that he had a chance to do something new, as well as working with Williams.

"I was touched by the story of Jack because it's the idea that some children are not gonna live a long time, but it doesn't matter if they live a very complete life- as long as the life is complete, it's not something to lament."
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast