0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Mother for Arrow picked.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=54712

Still no Dinah Lance.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WB has released the first of Green Arrow. Right now I like the Smallville version better, but this one is still good.

tazmaniak is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a larger version.

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...mell-image.jpg

For me, this one looks much better than Smallville's version.

Wonderwall is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As long as it doesn't have the idiotic sunglasses than I think I prefer this far over the Smallville version.

Tanooki is offline Supplexing disease since 1982.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He's going to run out of arrows very quick!
    Formerly N. Frederick, among a bunch of others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Photo is a little too dark for me to form an opinion either way.

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, at the very least at least he has the facial hair back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

satam55 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not much of a DC comics fan (except for the DCAU, Smallville, and some of the live-action films) compared to Marvel Comics. So since this is not a Smallville spin-off, I won't be watching.

If this show ends up getting great reception from viewers & critics and is a hit for the CW, I could see myself changing my mind down the line. But, I doubt it will happen.

k.s. is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satam55 View Post
    I'm not much of a DC comics fan (except for the DCAU, Smallville, and some of the live-action films) compared to Marvel Comics. So since this is not a Smallville spin-off, I won't be watching.

If this show ends up getting great reception from viewers & critics and is a hit for the CW, I could see myself changing my mind down the line. But, I doubt it will happen.
    If you're a Smallville fan, I'd at least give the first couple of episodes a chance before writing it off. While it's not a direct spin-off of Smallivlle, everything I've read so far makes it seem like this show is going to be very similar (in story, characterization, and overall atmosphere/tone), especially Green Arrow's character himself. From what I've seen, people have been saying that there's more than a passing resemblance to Justin Hartley's version of Oliver Queen.

I'm not saying any of that means it's automatically going to be good, but I'd say it's enough reason for a Smallville fan to check it out. I know I will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, I'm all for giving things a chance instead of decrying it but some of the things in the summary for the show perplex me. Why do they have to just call him "Arrow" instead of Green Arrow? Why does it have to be "Starling" city instead of Star City?

I can forgive changing Black Canary's name, since her full name is Dinah Laurel lance. I can also see why they'd at least give Oliver some living family in order to differentiate him further from Batman.

All in all, I'm not as excited as I want to be for this series. I might catch the first episode but I doubt I'll keep up with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    Okay, I'm all for giving things a chance instead of decrying it but some of the things in the summary for the show perplex me. Why do they have to just call him "Arrow" instead of Green Arrow? Why does it have to be "Starling" city instead of Star City?

I can forgive changing Black Canary's name, since her full name is Dinah Laurel lance. I can also see why they'd at least give Oliver some living family in order to differentiate him further from Batman.

All in all, I'm not as excited as I want to be for this series. I might catch the first episode but I doubt I'll keep up with it.
    Well, you've got to approach it from a real world perspective. The only reason the comic book character is called Green Arrow is because when he was created, there was already a character being published by another company called Arrow. So the writers named him Green Arrow to differentiate between the 2. At the time it was for legal reasons.

But, in the world of the show, there is no other hero named Arrow, so why would he need to call himself Green Arrow? He doesn't need to separate himself from another hero named Arrow. And that Arrow character is currently in the public domain, so they don't have to worry about infringe on any copyrights like they had to back in the day. Calling him Arrow also separates this version from the Smallville version.

Same goes for Starling City. Green Arrow appeared on Smallville for 5 seasons and they constantly referenced Star City. They changed the name to differentiate between the 2 versions. Also, Starling is very close to Star, and it's not a stretch that citizens could call it Star City for short or as a nickname. Sorta like how Basin City is called Sin City.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    Probably to differentiate him from the flops that are Green Lantern and Green Hornet. Don't know why they'd change the city though. Maybe "Star City" will be the nickname version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a cast pic and a quick clip.

http://youtu.be/VpFobB8EpKQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks great, but need to see his fighting skills. As I said before, get G. Weisman to write some episodes and Kevin Smith to write and direct one and I'm a happy man. I hope this will mean greenlighting a dtv too, the only story I can think of is Longbow Hunters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Extended preview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazmaniak View Post
    Extended preview.

Nice, this is getting me excited for the show. When he called himself "Arrow" though it was kinda lame, don't think I'll be getting used to that. And did anyone catch Deathstroke's mask flash at around 3:22?

purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As someone completely removed from the comic book world, I'm really excited for this show. The CW is also pairing it with Supernatural on Wednesday nights, which, from the promos so far, looks like will be a good match.

TZ's resident fangirl queen

Find me:
    LJ | FF.N | AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

ReWatchable Podcast

Wonderwall is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm still torn. The guy playing Oliver seems to be the right mold( far more than Hartley ever was ) but they seem to be going darker with the character that I don't really think is the right way to go with Green Arrow. I like the costume and the kind of basic approach but I hate that he isn't Green Arrow and just arrow. I like the shot of Deathstroke's mask but I hate any shot that makes it look like Smallville.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast