The Penguin is offline The truth shall set you free
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Meet the Woggels!" April 12, 2012

Like This Thread!
    More 30 Rock in just over a half hour.

"Meet the Woggels!"
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 @ 8:30 p.m. ET/7:30 CT on NBC
    Jack's mom upstages his ribbon-cutting ceremony; Jenna hooks up with a "rock star"; Tracy frets about his son heading to college.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Murphy Brown Lied to Us" April 19, 2012

Candice Bergen, how could you?

"Murphy Brown Lied to Us"
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 @ 8:30 p.m. ET/7:30 CT on NBC
    Jack sets Liz up on a date while Jenna stages a public meltdown to win back Paul.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Live From Studio 6H" April 26, 2012

Live show, it's 30 Rock live show. It's 30 Rock live!

"Live From Studio 6H"
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 @ 8:30 p.m. ET/7:30 CT on NBC
    When Jack tries to shut down live production of TGS, Kenneth teaches them all the lessons of live TV.

Harley is offline Embarassment Ninja
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Brian managed to get us tickets to the dress rehearsal at the SNL studio and now that I've seen all three of them, I actually thought the rehearsal had the strongest performances and timing. Though, it would have been really cool to see Paul McCartney.

I did like Brian Williams' performance in the West Coast show.

Loved the gag at the end with Hazel. How perfect considering the show was shot in the SNL studio.
    Eileen "Harley" Cruz, General Manager, Founder - toonzone
    toonzone (facebook | twitter) | Cartoons, Dammit! | Portfolio
    The contents of this message may not be duplicated without the author's prior written consent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Queen of Jordan 2: The Mystery of the Phantom Pooper" May 3, 2012

Back to not live in a few minutes.

"Queen of Jordan 2: The Mystery of the Phantom Pooper"
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 @ 8:30 p.m. ET/7:30 CT on NBC
    Angie's reality show returns, while Jack and Dianna await Avery's arrival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The Return of Avery Jessup" May 10, 2012

Avery returns to Jack, tonight at 8:30 ET.

"The Return of Avery Jessup"
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 @ 8:30 p.m. ET/7:30 CT on NBC
    Avery returns from North Korea with a stranger in tow; Liz and Criss struggle with their gender roles.

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My feelings are so torn....I'm upset that the final season will be only 13 episodes, but this was such sludge.....Jenna's subplot made no sense....Jack hasn't done anything interesting in a while; I'm not feeling his current storyline....Criss is just a waste of airtime....everything that's happening was done seasons ago and way better....I still love 30 Rock, but this season it's tried harder and harder to make me hate it.

This will always be one of my favorite shows of all time, with its masterfully witty one-liners and razor-sharp satire....but that sharpness has been dulling in recent months. I never would have seen any episode of Season 3 go "Hey, how about that Bazooka Joe gum? That's really STIFF, am I right?"

It just seems to me like the writers should know better. Jokes about stick bubblegum are Jay Leno's territory, not Tina Fey's.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Hally Happoween! Presenting the very first TV appearance of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, brought to you by Pals Vitamins!

Aquadementia is online now That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I liked the live show.
    Glad to have gotten the East coast show with Paul McCartney. West cost got stuck with a Kardashian but they tried to make up for it with a Brian Williams.
    Now if they could edited McCartney and Williams together for syndication, that would be optimal.

It's been a real up and down season.
    I would have thought they could have done Jack as Bruce Wayne, or the anti Bruce Wayne, but they handled that in a stupid way.
    Leap Day was the first episode of 30 Rock that is absolutely terrible.
    And if Kenneth could be annoying, they really out did themselves with girl Kenneth.
    But then again, they actually gave Kenneth something interesting to do the last half of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    My feelings are so torn....I'm upset that the final season will be only 13 episodes, but this was such sludge.....Jenna's subplot made no sense....Jack hasn't done anything interesting in a while; I'm not feeling his current storyline....Criss is just a waste of airtime....everything that's happening was done seasons ago and way better....I still love 30 Rock, but this season it's tried harder and harder to make me hate it.

This will always be one of my favorite shows of all time, with its masterfully witty one-liners and razor-sharp satire....but that sharpness has been dulling in recent months. I never would have seen any episode of Season 3 go "Hey, how about that Bazooka Joe gum? That's really STIFF, am I right?"

It just seems to me like the writers should know better. Jokes about stick bubblegum are Jay Leno's territory, not Tina Fey's.
    I was thinking gum is a strange enough substance they don't need to invent lies about it.
    And they don't usually try to shove a joke down your throat like that so hard.
    Nothing like an old episode I saw the other night where Liz is trying to assemble "blërg" brand office furniture where I wonder if I caught that the first time.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's just a matter of new writers that shouldn't be asked back for a second season.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"What Will Happen to the Gang Next Year?" Season Finale May 17, 2012

"What Will Happen to the Gang Next Year?" - Season Finale
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 @ 8:30 p.m. ET/7:30 CT on NBC
    Jack and Avery renew vows, while Criss tries to prove to Liz that he's the one.

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "Don't forget that I starred as Avery in The Avery Jessup Story! Coming soon to Sega Genesis!"

I don't get it. That doesn't make any sense. The last Genesis game was made in 1997.

I'm guessing the intended joke is that the only kind of tie-in such a bad movie could receive is on a really really old game console, but the game market doesn't work that way at all. Nor does the movie industry, which they'd be more familiar with -- if you rewrite the joke to say "Coming soon to Laserdisc!" it doesn't work either.

What was the thinking here?? It makes no seeeeense!

Krakowski was actually on a video game ad from the mid-80's. This would look hilarious used on the show (it's in the middle of the video):

Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Hally Happoween! Presenting the very first TV appearance of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, brought to you by Pals Vitamins!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234