Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Poweranimals is offline Invincible
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pair of Kings is NOT canceled.

Like This Thread!

Pair of Kings is the only show on Disney XD that I actually liked. A major downside will be the lack of Kelsey Chow.

Mitchel Musso It's Time to Move On To Grownup Stuff

Disney star Mitchell Musso is leaving the show "Pair of Kings" to move on to adult Disney projects -- and we've learned his recent DUI accelerated the decision.

TMZ broke the story … the 20-year-old was arrested in October for allegedly driving drunk. Just yesterday, he plead not guilty.

Sources connected with the production of "Pair of Kings" tell TMZ ... Musso and Disney have been in talks for months about moving the actor out of the kids show and into young adult projects. We're told Disney wanted him to complete one more season of the "Kings" before he moved on -- and although Musso was reluctant, he agreed.

Sources tells us ... after the DUI arrest, both Disney and Musso agreed it would be better to make the move immediately, rather than waiting another season.

We're told Musso will have an active role at Disney and it's a reflection of the new Disney reality that young actors and actresses get in trouble just like everybody else.
    Last edited by Poweranimals; 12-12-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Tommy Lawson is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's not a total surprise IMO. Disney XD is fortunate that Kickin' It has been doing well in the Nielsen ratings, which probably made this decision easier. The new show Lab Rats is coming soon, so I would imagine whatever focus Disney XD would have had on a new Pair of Kings season will go to that show instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The weird part is that DXD doesn't really have a lot of shows left to work with. IITB and Z&L are both pretty much over as well. Ending so many shows at once seems like a bad idea.

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
    Pair of Kings is the only show on Disney XD that I actually liked. A major downside will be the lack of Kelsey Chow.
    I'm not really surprised- the show's future was really in trouble when Mitchel Musso got busted for DUI, while under the age of 21. I knew production of Pair of Kings had to have been suspended, because of this. He made a really bad choice, but it's probably better to just end the show than to continue with this on his mind. Disney XD doesn't have a whole lot to work with at this time. Why not consider more original animated projects, especially of the action/adventure and scifi/fantasy variety- it certainly can't hurt to be thoughtful. As for Mitchel Musso, I could see him doing a TV movie on ABC Family with someone, like Alia Shawkat or Reiley McClendon. Mitchel does need to set a better example for other young performers, not just Disney performers.
    Last edited by SF4Ever; 12-12-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well the important part is our we going to get a new voice for Jeremy?

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yesterday I saw Disney XD airing a promo for their 2012 programming, and they said it included new episodes of Pair of Kings. I guess those new episodes are the just the last of the season now.
    That Lab Rats show looks pretty cool...

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

ABrown is offline Father of twins
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My ten year old sometimes watches this. I don't think that this is among the best of Disney's tween shows, but it's not bad.

A major downside will be the lack of Kelsey Chow.
    She certainly was a reason that I've never minded when he would have the show on the television.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie
    Well the important part is our we going to get a new voice for Jeremy?
    I doubt it will be effected since the actors are a lot less visable in animation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So apparently, the show's NOT canceled afterall. Adam Hicks is apparently replacing Mitchel Musso. Not sure how that's gonna work.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So apparently, the show's NOT canceled afterall. Adam Hicks is apparently replacing Mitchel Musso. Not sure how that's gonna work.
    And idea they toyed around in Bewitched, Mitchel Musso's character will have a spell change his appearance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually he'll play a long lost brother:

DISNEY XD SITCOM "PAIR OF KINGS" TO RESUME PRODUCTION FOR THIRD SEASON, ADAM HICKS JOINS THE CAST

The hit Disney XD comedy series "Pair of Kings" will resume production for a third season and popular actor Adam Hicks (Disney XD's "Zeke and Luther," Disney Channel's "Lemonade Mouth") will join the cast as a new character, a long lost brother, added to the story of the unusual island of Kinkow, it was announced today by Adam Bonnett, Senior Vice President, Original Series, Disney Channels Worldwide. "Pair of Kings" will continue without the character Brady played by Mitchel Musso. The actor, singer/songwriter will continue his role as the voice of Jeremy Johnson in Disney's Emmy Award-winning series "Phineas and Ferb."

"Pair of Kings" centers on teen brothers whose lives change dramatically when they inherit the throne of the island of Kinkow, home to many quirky inhabitants. It is Disney XD's second highest-rated series in Total Viewers, Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14 and season to-date, has increased its ratings by 14% among Kids and 21% among Tweens 9-14.

In making the announcement, Bonnett said, "Adam's comedic talent will add a new dimension to an already successful series and we're eager to introduce the new character to our viewers." He continued, "Mitchel is a part of our family and for him, it will always be about versatility and doing different things on an artistic level. We have tremendous respect for his talent and we thank him for his contribution to the series."

Mitchel Musso said, "Since I was 12, Disney Channel has been an extended family to me and I want all of my friends there to know that I appreciate the opportunities that have come my way and I look forward to focusing on acting and music projects that are in development and sharing the news with my fans around the world soon. I wish the cast, producers, and crew nothing but success on the next season of 'Pair of Kings.'"

Production will resume in February with Hicks joining the "Pair of Kings" cast: Doc Shaw, Kelsey Chow, Ryan Ochoa and Geno Segers. This year, "Pair of Kings" was nominated for an Emmy Award in the Outstanding Cinematography for a Multi-Camera Series and for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series.

For three seasons, Hicks starred in the Disney XD comedy series "Zeke and Luther" and also starred and has songwriting credits in the hit Disney Channel Original movie "Lemonade Mouth." He has performed and collaborated on three Disney XD music videos, "Happy Universal Holidays," the hip hop spin on the classic song, "In the Summertime," and the remake of the MC Hammer hit, "U Can't Touch This." Among his other acting credits are "JONAS L.A.," "That Was Then," "The Funkenhousers" and "Titus."

"Pair of Kings" was created by and is executive-produced by Dan Cross and Dave Hoge. Matt Wickline is the executive producer. Leo Clarke is the producer and Don Beck is the consulting producer. "Pair of Kings" is produced by It's A Laugh Productions, Inc.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-cast/113508/

Triant is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They...did what? But we were so close...

Hopefully, Hicks' character will be different from the other Kings, and have an IQ in the triple digits.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know it's probably unrelated but the talk of an actor getting a DUI and then being let go from the show reminds me of what happened to "The tailes" of Lost. Espiceally considering how it was more of a concidence and it just being a final sign as it were (though there may of been a more definite termination due to Disney because of this then ABC would of done). Still glad to see that Mitchel is still going to be on Phineas and Ferb. And for it's fans that Pair Of Kings is going on in some form. Yeah it does seem rather off kilter to try and replace one of the main stars of the series, but hey isn't that what happened with Two And A Half Men (though it was a much messier split in TaaHM's case) and that show is still very successful. Same should be the case here, unless it was Mitchell whose star power that was holding the whole show together which I do truthfully doubt.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not a regular viewer of Pair of Kings, but I think it's kind of silly how the writers are opting to pull a Paige Halliwell and bring in some convoluted nonsense about a never before seen, heard of or mentioned "long lost brother" when just having Adam Hicks take over the role of Brady would've been so much easier and less complicated. Given the show's unusual, fantastic setting, they could've easily just gone with Zoombie's suggestion of having Brady's appearance altered by magic or something; the sitcom practice of pulling undiscovered relatives out of thin air has never sat well with me. It's not like Mitchel Musso is the only person on Earth who can play Brady; we're talking about a Disney teencom star, not Sir Laurence Olivier. Just bring in another kid, say "From now on, he's Brady" and get on with the show.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think that would've been a much worse idea and probably a bit more offensive to the fanbase as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think that would've been a much worse idea and probably a bit more offensive to the fanbase as well.
    How so? When Dick Sargent replaced Dick York as Darrin on Bewitched, was that considered offensive that series' fanbase? Or when Sarah Chalke replaced Lecy Goranson as Becky on Rosanne? Or when Daphne Maxwell-Reid replaced Janet Hubert-Whitten as Aunt Vivian on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? Or are there different rules for kids' shows?

I'm not trying to be facetious, BTW; I understand how some people wouldn't cotton to such an idea, but how exactly would it be offensive to the fanbase?
    Last edited by Silverstar; 12-13-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    How so? When Dick Sargent replaced Dick York as Darrin on Bewitched, was that considered offensive that series' fanbase? Or when Sarah Chalke replaced Lecy Goranson as Becky on Rosanne? Or when Daphne Maxwell-Reid replaced Janet Hubert-Whitten as Aunt Vivian on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? Or are there different rules for kids' shows?

I'm not trying to be facetious, BTW; I understand how some people wouldn't cotton to such an idea, but how exactly would it be offensive to the fanbase?
    Well a lot of those roles were a lot less significent and/or less dynamic. Brady is basically one of the two leading roles and he seems to be the more outstanding twin. I think a lot of that has to do with Mitchel's comedic timing and they've used his musical abilities several times in the show as well. While I'm not saying Mitchel Musso is an amazing talent, it would be hard to buy someone else as the character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well a lot of those roles were a lot less significent and/or less dynamic. Brady is basically one of the two leading roles and he seems to be the more outstanding twin. I think a lot of that has to do with Mitchel's comedic timing and they've used his musical abilities several times in the show as well. While I'm not saying Mitchel Musso is an amazing talent, it would be hard to buy someone else as the character.
    Fair enough. I guess it would matter to a fan or a regular viewer of the show (which as I said before, I'm not). I'd personally prefer just getting a new actor to play the original part without unnecessarily shaking up the show's universe, and last-minute in-show substitutions like this just come off as forced and fake to me, but that's just my feeling on the trope. It seems that the Mouse House would seem to share your viewpoints, since they're clearly not going with my suggestion in the first place.

Lonestarr is offline Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triant View Post
    They...did what? But we were so close...

Hopefully, Hicks' character will be different from the other Kings, and have an IQ in the triple digits.
    Lord, yes. From the few episodes I've watched, the two Kings struck me as stupid. Peter Griffin stupid.
    I feel that a big problem with today's society is that we don't listen to our fellow man -- especially when I'm talking.
    "Never be afraid to borrow from those wiser than yourself." - Mr. Jimmy (voice of David Arquette) on "Pelswick"
    "What do I care what some yahoo like Lonestarr posts on the internet?" - President Skroob (voice of Mel Brooks) on "Spaceballs: the Series"
    Links in a chain: DeviantArt | Fanfiction.net | Mr. Cellophane