Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poweranimals is offline Invincible
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pair of Kings is NOT canceled.

Like This Thread!
    Pair of Kings is the only show on Disney XD that I actually liked. A major downside will be the lack of Kelsey Chow.

Mitchel Musso It's Time to Move On To Grownup Stuff

Disney star Mitchell Musso is leaving the show "Pair of Kings" to move on to adult Disney projects -- and we've learned his recent DUI accelerated the decision.

TMZ broke the story … the 20-year-old was arrested in October for allegedly driving drunk. Just yesterday, he plead not guilty.

Sources connected with the production of "Pair of Kings" tell TMZ ... Musso and Disney have been in talks for months about moving the actor out of the kids show and into young adult projects. We're told Disney wanted him to complete one more season of the "Kings" before he moved on -- and although Musso was reluctant, he agreed.

Sources tells us ... after the DUI arrest, both Disney and Musso agreed it would be better to make the move immediately, rather than waiting another season.

We're told Musso will have an active role at Disney and it's a reflection of the new Disney reality that young actors and actresses get in trouble just like everybody else.
    Last edited by Poweranimals; 12-12-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Tommy Lawson is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's not a total surprise IMO. Disney XD is fortunate that Kickin' It has been doing well in the Nielsen ratings, which probably made this decision easier. The new show Lab Rats is coming soon, so I would imagine whatever focus Disney XD would have had on a new Pair of Kings season will go to that show instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The weird part is that DXD doesn't really have a lot of shows left to work with. IITB and Z&L are both pretty much over as well. Ending so many shows at once seems like a bad idea.

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
    Pair of Kings is the only show on Disney XD that I actually liked. A major downside will be the lack of Kelsey Chow.
    I'm not really surprised- the show's future was really in trouble when Mitchel Musso got busted for DUI, while under the age of 21. I knew production of Pair of Kings had to have been suspended, because of this. He made a really bad choice, but it's probably better to just end the show than to continue with this on his mind. Disney XD doesn't have a whole lot to work with at this time. Why not consider more original animated projects, especially of the action/adventure and scifi/fantasy variety- it certainly can't hurt to be thoughtful. As for Mitchel Musso, I could see him doing a TV movie on ABC Family with someone, like Alia Shawkat or Reiley McClendon. Mitchel does need to set a better example for other young performers, not just Disney performers.
    Last edited by SF4Ever; 12-12-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well the important part is our we going to get a new voice for Jeremy?

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yesterday I saw Disney XD airing a promo for their 2012 programming, and they said it included new episodes of Pair of Kings. I guess those new episodes are the just the last of the season now.
    That Lab Rats show looks pretty cool...

Toons These Days
    Now on That Guy With the Glasses.com
    New episodes return December 16!

Website | Deviantart | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon |

ABrown is online now Father of twin boys
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My ten year old sometimes watches this. I don't think that this is among the best of Disney's tween shows, but it's not bad.

A major downside will be the lack of Kelsey Chow.
    She certainly was a reason that I've never minded when he would have the show on the television.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie
    Well the important part is our we going to get a new voice for Jeremy?
    I doubt it will be effected since the actors are a lot less visable in animation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So apparently, the show's NOT canceled afterall. Adam Hicks is apparently replacing Mitchel Musso. Not sure how that's gonna work.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So apparently, the show's NOT canceled afterall. Adam Hicks is apparently replacing Mitchel Musso. Not sure how that's gonna work.
    And idea they toyed around in Bewitched, Mitchel Musso's character will have a spell change his appearance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast