Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Watch the third trailer for The Dark Knight Rises below.

Wounded_Dragon is offline Beast in the Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, I'm not impressed. I think it's just that it's the third trailer with much of it already being seen in the previous ones.
    Playing: DC Universe Online(PS3)
    Watching: *Netflix backlog*

At least 15 percent of the moviegoing audience experiences headache and eyestrain during 3-D movies. I'm one of them. And no, I don't need corrective eyewear.

TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    I'd guess by the trailer that the middle of the movie consists of Bruce having stopped being Batman after Bane beats the tar out out of him in the beginning hence the question of "Do you think he's coming back?" And the rest of the movie consists of Bruce finding the motivation to put back on the cowl and face Bane for the final battle. Though even with all this finality attached to the movie, I doubt they'll kill off Batman. Or at least really kill him off..
    Personally, I think the "Do you think he's coming back?" line will likely be from the beginning of the film. After all, it would play well with the idea of the film being set years after The Dark Knight (and it would help remind comic fans about Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns).
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

NewcomerDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf
    And hey, Ra's Al Ghoul! We probably won't get that much of him considering he's only in there to give introduction to Bane, but it's nice to see him .
    I didn't see him in the trailer.
    I don't need a signature. I'm too cool for one. LOL

rggkjg1 is offline Cavill = Welling?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    finally a dark knight rises trailer that impresses me. i hope i'm not looking into it more than i should, but the way this trailer is edited makes me feel like there will be some hope and optimisim in the film than just being the usual dark, grim, and gritty. i'm well aware batman is a dark character, but there is a such thing as being too dark or simply over doing it. these are superheros. there has to always be a sense in hope or optimisim in all of them, regardless if the character is considered to be "dark".

now my minor nit picks. this trailer no doubt makes it official that this will be the most unrealistic in the series. i dont have a problem suspending disbelief in regards to the cargo plane towing a damaged private jet, or batman's batplane (i like how it has a similiar/consistent design with the tumbler, but there is seriously no way that thing would be able to fly. a plane shaped like a bat/batman logo has more of a chance of flying than nolan's batplane). bane literally going all out in every way we've seen so far also makes me think this is way over the top to believe in. it's a little bit of a big deal to me since the whole point of nolan's batman is to ground the character/universe to be more realistic.

before this trailer was out, i was joking around that a wrath of khan like scene would be totally appropriate for the film. here's how it should be done:

BRUCE: why didnt you just kill me?
    BANE: your punishment must be more severe.
    (OFF SCREEN VOICE): wayne, my old friend. i've done far worse than kill you. i've hurt you. and i wish to go on hurting you. i shall leave you as you left me. marooned on a derailed subway car, in the center of a dead city. burried alive.... (bruce now realises who off screen voice is) burried alive....
    BRUCE: RAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (fade out echo)
    (cuts to ras al ghul): ahhhhh.......

and if ras isnt in the movie, adjust dialogue so bruce yells BANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (fade out echo)
    Drop everything you are doing and google "michael keaton birdman". They are making a BIRDMAN movie starring MICHAEL KEATON. (supposedly not related to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman)

BIRDMAN
    OCTOBER 2014

langden alger is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
    Personally, I think the "Do you think he's coming back?" line will likely be from the beginning of the film. After all, it would play well with the idea of the film being set years after The Dark Knight (and it would help remind comic fans about Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns).
    I'm guessing the movie will start like the previous trailer depicts.....a time of peace years after Joker's attacks....prob after years of fighting Bruce is considerably broken down and since there has been no Joker level threat, he has stopped being Batman for a bit....cue the arrival of Bane while everyones guard is down and suddenly Bruce has to get himself back in shape and find the strength to be what he started out as in Begins.....then he'll probably get his a** handed to him in his first confrontation with Bane forcing Bruce to return to the place of his training like we saw with him in the prison training~also think that might be where Ras' comes into play again. If he's not just used for flashbacks, Maybe they'll do the reveal that he survived and he gives Bruce some backstory on Bane like telling him about how he trained him and warns him about what he's getting into etc...
    'the past becomes settled in the present. the only place it truly exists.'

"There are two kinds of men in this world. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

"in a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane."

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In the trailer, I really like Bane's Scottish accent.

When he says "I'm Gotham's Reckeoning" you can totally tell.

Also I wonder what JGL's role will be, he seems much more prominent than a "Gotham city Beat Cop".

And is Bane associated with the League of Shaodows?
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah....this is the movie of the summer folks, maybe the year. Accept it.

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spideyzilla View Post
    Yeah....this is the movie of the summer folks, maybe the year. Accept it.
    Rats, can't I avoid this 'pick a side: Avengers or Batman' debate anywhere, folks?

Great trailer, although Bane's voice demands a sinister moustache be added to Hardy's costume.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was that Thomas Wayne near the beginning?
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanx54 View Post
    And is Bane associated with the League of Shadows?
    Allegedly, he is in some reports. I don't recall if the connection was officially confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    Was that Thomas Wayne near the beginning?
    When? There was Bruce, Alfred, Selina, Bane, the Mayor cringing after Bane blows up the stadium, the cop played by JGL, the not-Talia character, Jim Gordon, and Lucius Fox.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The guy that asks Bane "what are you". If not, the actors look pretty similar.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if the release date of the film changes to wednesday of that week (like the dark knight), or opens at select locations on thursday at 10pm (like star trek), does anyone have an idea when we would expect that announcement to be made? i want to take a day off from work for the movie. the release date change announcement for the dark knight gave me enough time to plan ahead and get the day off. i'm hoping if the release is moved a few days earlier, we'll get the announcement the same time as we did for the dark knight.
    Drop everything you are doing and google "michael keaton birdman". They are making a BIRDMAN movie starring MICHAEL KEATON. (supposedly not related to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman)

BIRDMAN
    OCTOBER 2014

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1 View Post
    if the release date of the film changes to wednesday of that week (like the dark knight), or opens at select locations on thursday at 10pm (like star trek), does anyone have an idea when we would expect that announcement to be made? i want to take a day off from work for the movie. the release date change announcement for the dark knight gave me enough time to plan ahead and get the day off. i'm hoping if the release is moved a few days earlier, we'll get the announcement the same time as we did for the dark knight.

They are allowed to change it up until two weeks before intial opening date. Reason being, let's say a film kinda tanks the week before like John Carter or Green Lantern and there's a two week gap in between. The theatres see that the orignal order for filling those theaters that the potential blockbuster the studio had ordered, will not be financially sound. So they will delete some of those theaters for early opening of another studio's blockbuster. For instance if Avengers had tanked this weekend, MIB3 could start earlier than expected.

I actually think Hardy is becoming one of my favorite new actors. I saw the trailer for the modernized Hicksploitation film Lawless, and he just made me want to see it. The only one I feel like they just threw in there is JG Levitt, who just seems to be a cop. Why? I didn't seeMarion Cotillard in the trailer, but Hathaway seems to have been the focus. Just doesn't seem like she's Catwoman, more like Batgirl or something.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    They are allowed to change it up until two weeks before intial opening date. Reason being, let's say a film kinda tanks the week before like John Carter or Green Lantern and there's a two week gap in between. The theatres see that the orignal order for filling those theaters that the potential blockbuster the studio had ordered, will not be financially sound. So they will delete some of those theaters for early opening of another studio's blockbuster. For instance if Avengers had tanked this weekend, MIB3 could start earlier than expected.
    hmm. looks like we got amazing spider-man two weeks before dark knight rises and the new ice age a week before. i dont expect any of them to bomb significantly enough to get the dark knight rises to open earlier.

can the studio wait longer to decide to do a 10pm showtime on thursday? i remember knowing star trek opening at 10pm on thursday the monday of that week, i'm just not sure how many days passed after the announcement up to that monday.

BIRDMAN
    OCTOBER 2014

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Three shots of all looking confused:

"Does Bane know his meat is showing?"

From the new issue of Total Film, I believe.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

The Talon is offline Armchair Assassin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrolupine View Post
    This is just begging to be turned into a meme.

Swordfish_II is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Done.

ToonsLover is offline Lover of Toons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    DC has released a new movie poster for The Dark Knight Rises:

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That poster is pretty BA. I am really excited for this movie. But I gotta say.....Batman will die by the end of that movie, calling it now. And if there's anyone who could kill off Batman, it's Christopher Nolan.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast