Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Man that was an intense episode on Friday. This show knows how to surprise me even after seven seasons since I totally did not expect this kind of ghost story. It was finally nice to see where Bobby has been for the past few weeks (I really want a Season 7.5 where it focuses on his perspective of things inbetween his death and "Party on Garth"), and the Winchesters finally get to interact with him. Although when they do, it's... kindof sad. Hopefully things'll buff out in the next few episodes.

purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    7.19 "Of Grave Importance"

I really enjoyed this one. I really liked Annie (she reminded me a lot of Ellen) and am disappointed she's gone after this, but understand that she had to die in order to have all those scenes with Bobby. The scene where she saw her body was so powerful and sad. I like though, more than anything, that she represented that Sam and Dean don't actually live in a bubble as much as it seems sometimes.

The scene in the restaurant when Dean and Sam realize they'd both slept with Annie--as well as Bobby--was golden. Sam's faces during that conversation.... "She was stressed and I didn't... have a soul?" Haha.

On a shallow note--Dean in the shower. Also, that he was showering with the door open so he and Sam could continue talking. I really liked that scene in the bathroom when Bobby wrote on the fogged up mirror and the boys'--especially Dean's--face.

I was really intrigued by the idea of showing a haunted house (which we haven't seen in a long time) from the ghost perspective. And this was a particularly nasty haunted house. It was cool to see Bobby figuring things out so he could more effectively help the boys as he is. And when the boys could finally see him?

The ending broke my heart but it made sense. My first thought was back to Dean in season 2's "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things," after he'd realized John had made a deal for his life and had the whole "What's dead should stay dead" mantra going. Sam and Dean might have repeatedly broken the natural order of things, but they do it knowing the pain and suffering that is going to come from it and are willing to shoulder that burden--whether for the sake of the greater good or each other. On the other hand, they do not do well with other people making sacrifices for them and this is no different. They know, better than most, the inevitable fate of ghosts so it's like they have to start the mourning process all over again.

Really looking forward to see where we're going for the rest of the season now.

TZ's resident fangirl queen

Find me:
    LJ | FF.N | AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

ReWatchable Podcast

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's always a good time with Felicia Day around. Her bit with Dean talking in her ear was hilarious. Stop laughing Sammy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "The Girl With the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo" was a ton of fun. This was Robbie Thompson's third script (following "Slash Fiction" and "Time After Time") and I think he's cemented himself as one of the best writers on staff now.

There was so much nerdy goodness in this episode. Sam with the Harry Potter references (what a Ravenclaw) and Dean trying to help Charlie flirt with the guard ("Stop laughing, Sammy")... Felicia Day being, well, Felicia Day. Perfection.

Also, the boys in costume! That was fun. I was giggling like mad when they walked off in their baggage handler outfits.

Dick Roman was deliciously smarmy and scary in this episode, and I'm worried about Bobby in terms of his vengeful tendencies toward the guy that shot him.

Fun, fun episode.

Find me:

ReWatchable Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode was dorky in so many levels, and that's what made it a whole lot of fun.

The multitude of references in geekdom, to the way the Winchesters set up their plan with Charlie to take care of a rather villainous Dick, it was quite a thrill ride from beginning to end. A very fun 45 minutes or so.

Found it interesting that there are just some people the Leviathans can't emulate all the way. Kindof shows their limits I guess, can't wait to see what else are there shortcomings.

Rud
    Rud is offline Nine Arts Dragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This Roman guy is the best villain the shows ever had!!
    "I will turn your name into a synonym for weakness"

"Politics always takes vengeance on those that belittle it"

Locke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I'm not really enough of a neckbeard to know who Felicia Day was until I looked into her after the episode, so she added nothing for me specifically. But it was still a really good episode, Bobby's ghost rage ftw.

Although this season has had a big bad, they've mainly done monster of the week and it just proves how much better it works for the show, with Cass seemingly dropped I can finally wash my hands of those awful fourth and fifth seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Supernatural has been officially renewed by the CW for an eighth season. No one should be surprised by this, but it's always nice to hear officially--and a couple of weeks before the upfronts.

Find me:

ReWatchable Podcast

Locke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh wow, I though this season was the last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think 8 will be it either, since it wasn't announced as the final season and the CW is so fond of promoting "final" seasons of their long-running shows; and Supernatural will be their longest running show now that One Tree Hill is over.

As for "Reading Is Fundamental," I'm a bit torn on this episode. Like, it was really solid, but it was such a set-up episode that I don't feel like I can judge until I've seen the last two episodes of the season. If the payoff is good (and the promo looks awesome), then I'll probably end up with a more favorable view on this episode than if it falls flat.

It was written and directed by Ben Edlund so there was a lot of great dialogue and interesting subtext (Sorry! game, I'm looking at you). I really liked the Kevin character, too. He was adorable and just needed a big hug through the entire episode. His freakouts reminded me of the girl in "Shut Up, Dr. Phil" crying about the little hearts in her cupcakes, haha.

I love Meg. Seriously, she's evil and all, but I love her. So snarky. "Hey Seacrest, I'm not actually a nurse, I'm just playing one on TV."

Really liked the scene between Sam and Cas. I've heard we don't get many of them because Jared's teasing makes it impossible for Misha to get his lines out when they film together, so it was nice to get one here. I'm not sure what to make of Cas' personality switch since he woke up, but he seems to have formed some kind of connection with Sam that's interesting ("Sam's talking with angels"; "You look troubled but that's a core aspect of your personality so I sometimes ignore it"). I like it.

I also like that Dean is still mad at Cas. Dean just doesn't forgive someone hurting Sam, and while Sam has a capacity for forgiveness that is super human, Dean doesn't; not when it comes to his little brother and Cas hurt Sam in the worst way possible--one that nearly killed him. Since I'm not sure what to make of this new Cas, I'm not sure what to think about Dean's reaction to him, but this is a rather fascinating dynamic going on.

It looks like we're in for an interesting final two episodes. Judging by the preview, it looks like we'll need the blood of the Alpha Vamp (father of fallen creatures) and Crowley (ruler of fallen humanity) to take down the leviathans. We also need the bone of a righteous mortal, and Dean was the righteous man in season 4, so I'll be curious to see if that plays out the same way.

Here's to a strong closing to season 7. Dabb & Lofflin wrote the next episode and they tend to either write very good or very bad ones. Sera Gamble, in her swan song as showrunner, wrote the finale, so it should be good as well..

Find me:

ReWatchable Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a pretty good episode, quite frankly it's been a long time since we finally saw some angels. Took them long enough to finally appear after being non-existent for most of the season

Lot of nice tension, and for the majority part it was a pretty good build-up. I'm just really taken aback by the rather intense cliffhanger. I can't wait for next week, especially now that we're on the verge of finding a way to kill the Leviathan.

Found Sam's mistaking Metatron for Megatron highly amusing.

Locke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehairedwonder View Post
    I don't think 8 will be it either, since it wasn't announced as the final season and the CW is so fond of promoting "final" seasons of their long-running shows; and Supernatural will be their longest running show now that One Tree Hill is over.
    But where else can they go? It's felt like they are pulling it out their arse since season 5, I know it has a dedicated cult following that will say a show is perfect even if it takes a massive dump on them but surely new viewers are just non existent. I guess that is why the show feels so low budget.

As for the episode itself, I was dubious when it seemed to become an Angel vs Demons episode but it turned out to be pretty awesome, some great action and some great character pieces. This interpretation of Meg is fast approaching one of my favourite characters. But with an Angel, Demon and a Ghost on the team it's starting to feel like an RPG game. Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Geez, finally watched the season finale and found it to be quite intense. I was rather curious about how they would end everything as the time winded down, and it worked for the majority part. It's kindof nice to see Dick finally put in his place (in the dead category), and overall highly engaging to see Sam, Dean, and Cas finally taking him on directly. Shame really about Bobby, for while his send off was rather touching it was kindof anti-climatic. I can understand where he was coming from and everything, yet at the same time, after so much build up only to silently go away before the climax was kindof... underwhelming. Totally was expecting a bit of a "All Hell Breaks Loose" segment where he, like John, does something to help the boys against Dick, then just fades away, but I guess not.

But man, that cliffhanger. Show sure wants us to tune in to Season 8 to find out how Dean gets out of his predicament. Overall a solid end to a solid season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I rather liked the season finale and am really excited about the possibilities the cliffhanger leaves us with. I've been theorizing since Purgatory was introduced in season 6 that monsters aren't the only things that go there when they die; what about angels (Gabriel, Bathlazar, etc)? demons killed by the Colt/knife/Sam's powers (Azazel, Lilith, Ruby, Alastair)? ghosts with their bones burned (Bobby)? Not to mention all the monsters the Winchesters have hunted that aren't going to be happy if they realize Dean is there (Gordon).

Or the writers could take it in a completely different direction. Purgatory is also a temporary punishment for souls to be purified before they can enter Heaven. Considering the state of Dean's soul this season with this drinking, depression, etc, this could be the perfect opportunity for him to work through his issues and eventually make it out (hopefully by Sam's hand since he wasn't able to rescue Dean from his deal and he likely still sees that as his worst failure) with a lighter heart. This is potentially a goldmine for Dean character study.

Then there's Sam, who in the past has never fared well without Dean. He's not, however, the same person who went crazy in 'Mystery Spot' or who followed Ruby into damnation in season 4. But our current Sam is also hell-damaged and Cas said that his fix was only meant to get Sam on his feet. We have the potential for some really interesting character stuff for Sam as well.

We also have Crowley; is he really a demon? We've never seen his eyes flash and he seems to hold all the cards right now, taking both Meg and Kevin.

Supernatural will be airing on Wednesdays at 9pm in the fall. Come October, farewell Supernatural Fridays, hello Winchester Wednesdays!

Find me:

ReWatchable Podcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3