Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline Movin' on Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The Broath" March 19, 2012

Like This Thread!
    How I Met Your Mother is back with a new episode tonight at 8 ET.

"The Broath"
    Monday, March 19, 2012 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    The gang tries to break up Barney and Quinn after learning they plan on moving in together, leaving Robin and Ted to fight over who deserves to sublet her apartment.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Trilogy Time" April 9, 2012

New episodes are back (again) tonight at 8 p.m. ET.

"Trilogy Time"
    Monday, April 9, 2012 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    Ted, Marshall and Barney embark on another "trilogy time," where they get together every three years to watch the "Star Wars" trilogy and envision what their lives will be like in another three years. Meanwhile Barney and Quinn move in together.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

O-chan is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The ONE thing I really loved about this episode is that it gave a timeframe for when the series will end.

Spoiler:
    If Ted has his first child by 2015, and based off how this episode counted the seasons (2006 was early Season 2, 2009 was early Season 5, 2012 is the oddity since this episode is so late in the season) then this probably gives the show 3 more years to wrap up the mystery mother plot.

O-chan
    Please view my artwork and my musings here:
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Now We're Even" April 16, 2012

It's a time of new milestones for the gang on How I Met Your Mother.

"Now We're Even"
    Monday, April 16, 2012 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    Just as Ted starts to settle into his new apartment alone, Barney tries to entice him into going out every single night. Meanwhile, Lily has a naughty dream about someone other then Marshall, and Robin finally becomes a famous news anchor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Good Crazy" April 30, 2012

Tune in right now!

"Good Crazy"
    Monday, April 30, 2012 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    When Lily and Marshall have a baby shower, Marshall starts to panic after realizing the baby is coming soon. Meanwhile, Ted and Robin come to terms with their relationship and Barney takes Marshall on a road trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The Magician's Code, Parts One & Two" Season Finale May 14, 2012

Which "tie" did Barney pick? The one hour season finale of How I Met Your Mother starts in just a few minutes.

"The Magician's Code Part One"
    Monday, May 14, 2012 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    While Marshall is in Atlantic City with Barney, Lily goes into labor, leaving him desperate to make it back to New York before the baby is born. Meanwhile, Ted and Robin try to distract Lily during her painful contractions.

"The Magician's Code Part Two" - Season Finale
    Monday, May 14, 2012 @ 8:30 p.m. ET/7:30 CT on CBS
    On Barney's future wedding day, when his wife is finally revealed, the gang reminisces about the time they encouraged Ted to follow his heart and go after the one that got away.

Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whatta finale!

Is all I'll say. I'm very, very pleased.
    My blog! Currently reviewing every How I Met Your Mother episode, as well as the odd album review or two

Leaping Larry Jojo is offline Searching for a map
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O-chan View Post
    The ONE thing I really loved about this episode is that it gave a timeframe for when the series will end.

Spoiler:
    If Ted has his first child by 2015, and based off how this episode counted the seasons (2006 was early Season 2, 2009 was early Season 5, 2012 is the oddity since this episode is so late in the season) then this probably gives the show 3 more years to wrap up the mystery mother plot.

O-chan
    I hope the show (or at least the mystery) ends before then. I'm really enjoying catching up with the show right now in the numerous re-runs in syndication, but going from recent episodes, I can tell the mystery is beginning to feel the drag. In fact, I would prefer it if the show ended, at the latest, in the season after next. The mother DEFINITELY needs to be revealed next season though.

Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The creators initially planned this coming season to be the last, but there's a possibility that CBS might order another season on top of it. I think even if we do get that ninth season, we'll still meet the mother during the eighth, and the last will be dedicated to Ted and her getting ready to get married.

Personally, I agree that the show should end soon. I've enjoyed it throughout the whole ride, but if it runs for much longer, it's just going to become extremely tedious Not to mention that it's rare for sitcoms to remain in quality when they add kids into them, especially when they're able to talk.
    My blog! Currently reviewing every How I Met Your Mother episode, as well as the odd album review or two

Memphis Bleek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Recap

I remember reading somewhere that "The Beast" was Ashley Williams' nickname, and if that is true then that is the "coolest nickname or middle name ever." Marshall and Lily have a kid, and I fear that they are going to be even more presumptous in future seasons. Barney, Robin and Ted's storylines are starting to run out of steam. They're still funny, but it's becoming tedious.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast