Quantcast
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    TnAdct1 is offline Silence, you dumb wench!!!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    The problem I have with WWE picking up G4 at this point is so many carriers have already dumped it, so WWE would again have to spend the time/money to get it back on the systems it was knocked off of.
    That's not what I meant here. My comment isn't about the WWE buying G4, but rather the WWE Network taking over the channel space that once belonged to G4.

For instance, in my area, G4 is channel 81 on my cable box (and at least one more additional channel). When it goes off the air in 2014, I'm suggesting that that it's possible that the WWE Network will now be the channel that makes up channel 81.
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another update from ProWrestling.net quotes Stephanie McMahon as saying that the WWE is looking into a Q1 2014 for the WWE Network, with Vince McMahon saying later this week at the WWE Earnings conference that they're still looking at "traditional & nontraditional platforms" for the launch. So I think this is the real deal right now, we might even see some ads for the WWE Network before the new year arrives (hopefully with less Skrillex music).

Also, this may not mean anything for the Network, but Forbes Sports reported that WWE is on the verge with signing an absolutely humongous licensing deal with NBCUniversal, that could potentially earn the WWE somewhere close to $700 million per year, blowing away the biggest profits they've ever made during the Attitude Era, & the current licensing deal that NBCU has with NASCAR. This could potentially do something to the whole "switch G4 for WWE theory" a lot of us have.

Matt Hazuda is online now Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's been a while, but looks like something is happening with the WWE Network tomorrow.

WWE Universe, come to WWE.com tomorrow (Jan. 8) at 9:30 p.m. ET for a groundbreaking announcement.

Join WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon — along with WWE COO Triple H, 11-time WWE Champion John Cena, and WWE Hall of Famers "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels — for the announcement, which will be streamed LIVE from Las Vegas.
    I'm guessing the Network will be going an online-only route a la Viz's Neon Alley. It won't be on-demand, but still a linear network with scheduled programming.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The announcement is streaming live right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Years in the making WWE Network finally has a launch date, Monday, February 24, 2014 at 11:06PM ET.
    WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network, will launch live in the U.S. on Monday, February 24, featuring all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events – including WrestleMania – valued at more than $600 per year for $9.99 per month with a 6-month commitment. WWE Network will also include groundbreaking original programming, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches and more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.

Fans can subscribe to WWE Network beginning at 9:00 a.m. ET on Monday, February 24, at WWE.com, and for a limited time will be offered a free one week trial. WWE Network, the first 24/7 network delivered directly to fans through over-the-top digital distribution, will be available on desktops and laptops via WWE.com. WWE Network will also be available through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation 3 and Sony PlayStation 4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer.
    It took them long enough to realize that trying to get a linear network on cable wouldn't work. I think this is an excellent plan. They're taking their massive library and using it in a way that fits perfectly with their plans and inlcuding all PPVs with the Network is smart from the standpoint that it will bring in viewers who otherwise would likely skip them due to cost.

I'm not sure how much of the original programming I'd watch, but The Monday Night War and the NXT would both have my interest. I also like this important fact about classic material
    WWE Network will offer all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views as well as classic matches uncut and uncensored, encores of Raw, SmackDown and WWE Main Event totaling more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.
    WWE has been cleaning up matches for reair onlnie and elsewhere in a lot of cases, so having them properly aired will be nice. The detailed FAQ they've put together backs this up.
    26. Will all content on WWE Network be PG?
    WWE Network will contain a range of programming suitable for various audiences. Content rated TV-14 or TV-MA will be preceded by appropriate advisory messages recommending viewer discretion. Parental controls will be available for on-demand content.
    I'm under no expectations for completely uncut shows from ECW. I know they likely have zero intentions of ever paying for the music rights that would be required to air them as they were originally presented, but this is a nice step nonetheless.

Given the pricing and the incentives, I think I'll be in for that first 6 months of the Network.

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm in for this. Didn't expect it to be $10 a month, I thought it would somewhere around 15.

RedNinja84 is offline Hotness 2.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes excellent job by WWE to utilize their properties and ppvs. I'm down especially since WM is included. Will be the first time I watched live since I was a kid.
    2009 TZ Fantasy Football League Champion
    2007 ToonZone Fantasy Baseball League Champion
    "Don't take life too seriously, You'll never get out Alive." Bugs Bunny
    Check out my new blog: Redtiger1984 New review is The Artist
    http://redtiger1984.hubpages.com/
    Follow me on twitter: Redtiger1984

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Network is live!.....of course I can't even get my payment through since there seems to be server issues. Anyone have luck signing up?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456