Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Three things-

1. Any reality show with WWE legends in the same house needs Iron Shiek to act crazy.

2. The PPV schedule is incredibly bloated as it is. Shuffling off the lesser tier ones to a premium channel/PPV combo is a good way to boost subscribers. Just note the yearly savings.

3. That said, they're not buying G4? They're building from the ground up with a target launch date of March? That's...ambitious to say the least.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

JabarR is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WWE is looking to launch the WWE Network as soon as April – which is much earlier than many were expecting. By launching around the time of WrestleMania, WWE can take advantage of the increased exposure WrestleMania will bring to the product.

As you can imagine, there will be a very aggressive marketing campaign leading up to the network’s debut.

WWE has been conducting a number of online surveys in recent months – asking fans to name WWE shows, whether they’d switch cable providers in order to get the WWE Network and if they want to see WWE PPV events aired for free on the network.

Originally, WWE discussed having the Big 4 pay-per-views (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series) – but the latest plan is for the secondary events to air on the network and to cut the PPV schedule from 13 to 4 (the Big 4). WWE makes around $25 million in revenue from WrestleMania and giving that away for free would likely be a disaster for the company. If WWE gave away the Big 4 events free to subscribers of the network – it’s unlikely anybody is paying $45-55 for a Vengeance PPV.

Shows discussed publicly so far for the WWE network include WrestleMania Rewind, a “Legends House” show where former WWE superstars live together, a Divas Bus Tour show following their life on the road and a Monday Night War recap show.

We have TONS more news about the WWE Network at our WWE Network News Page.

(Credit to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter for some of the information used in this report)

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Will WWE Smackdown be removed from Syfy's lineup after the WWE Channel is launched? No offense to any of it's fans, but wrestling sticks out like a sore thumb on Syfy.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    Will WWE Smackdown be removed from Syfy's lineup after the WWE Channel is launched? No offense to any of it's fans, but wrestling sticks out like a sore thumb on Syfy.
    It's also SyFy's highest rated show. So I don't see it going anywhere.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

Master Toon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
    If that's how the network is going to be I do not want to watch it.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    It (WWE Smackdown) is also SyFy's highest rated show. So I don't see it going anywhere.
    True, there aren't many other reasons to watch Syfy these days. Still, it's somewhat disappointing that the highest rated show on Syfy has zip to do with science fiction.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    True, there aren't many other reasons to watch Syfy these days. Still, it's somewhat disappointing that the highest rated show on Syfy has zip to do with science fiction.
    SciFi had started to move away from science fiction even before it became SyFy. I hate that all the niche networks are trying to become more mass appeal as much as anyone, but it means one simple thing: people aren't watching.

JabarR is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    During WWE’s third quarter conference call with investors on November 3, 2011, CEO Vince McMahon stated the organization would “soon be making a very big announcement” regarding WWE Network plans. He said the company feels confident they “finally turned the corner” on the cable television network’s status to make the announcement. Included will be future expenses of $4-6 million for staffing and $10-15 million for additional equipment and construction of their media center to house network operations.

According to a source within WWE’s corporate headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, the “very big announcement” is that Wrestlemania 28 will be broadcast live. The cable television network is expected to be launched on April 1, 2012, the day of WrestleMania.

WWE has bought extensive amount of office space in Norwalk and Stamford, Connecticut to employ over 200 employees for the cable television network. They’ve also spent money on trailers so employees could work on digitizing their vast tape library. WWE has approximately 100,000 hours of footage in their tape library, with 30,000 hours currently digitized.

JabarR is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[top]Vince’s Vision For The WWE Network

The WWE Network

- WWE is looking to brand the WWE Network “the most interactive network on TV.” The idea is to feature programming that keeps people in front of their computers, cellphones and iPads.
    One idea is to have tweets from fans scrolling at the bottom of the screen, like an ESPN news ticker.

(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

JShaggy is offline Happy People
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking at the WWE logo for the network, are we to assume that the Attitude era logo will be going away soon?

I have to admit, this new version looks very slick and edgy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast