Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Two untitled Marvel films set for Summer 2014

Like This Thread!
    After Sony staked out a release date for the sequel to Amazing Spider-Man for May 2, 2014, looks like that spurred Disney and Marvel Studios to set release dates for their two films for May 16, 2014 and June 27, 2014.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...rojects-220353

I say Doctor Strange for May 16th, 2014 and Captain America 2 for June 27th, 2014.
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

Jacob T. Paschal is online now Wolverine by Shida Naotoshi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd have to think Thor 2 would have to fit in there somewhere, somehow, too.

Well, the Superhero war for 2014 is on, I guess. Hopefully we get another good crop!
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    I'd have to think Thor 2 would have to fit in there somewhere, somehow, too.

Well, the Superhero war for 2014 is on, I guess. Hopefully we get another good crop!
    Thor 2 is suppose to come out in 2013. I think they've set a date in June or July. I'm hoping for Doctor Strange or Ant-Man. The other one is most likely Captain America 2.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a feeling Dmxx116 is right. I imagine Antman will be saved as a lead-in to Avengers 2. Marvel wanted to appease Wright because they liked his script which predated Iron Man, and they came up with Avengers around the time Iron Man came out. They can honestly tie-in Dr. Strange there somehow too. My personal belief is, they want to use Dr. Strange to build up the cosmic/supernatural part of the universe. They can therefore bring in the Mandarin and possibly Fin Fang Foom, two major IM villains. We don't know what their planning for IM 3, but I think they going to keep building up to the Mandarin, especially if they can do an Iron Man film every two years.

FireWarrior is offline The Ultimate Warrior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any hope the Hulk would be one of those films?

The Chieftain is offline I'm new, don't yell at me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any hopes of Sub-Mariner or Black Panther?

Those are two guys that don't get much love.
    Last edited by The Chieftain; 08-10-2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: grammer
    I miss the old days when they actually paid talented people to be on Television.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chieftain View Post
    Any hopes of Sub-Mariner or Black Panther?

Those are two guys that don't get much love.
    I'm pretty sure I read they hired Mark Bailey to write a script for Black Panther. They were indirectly referenced on that S.H.I.E.L.D. map at the end of IM2 after all.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWarrior View Post
    Any hope the Hulk would be one of those films?
    I hope so, too. Fiege did say a sequel would be after The Avengers plus Tim Roth and Louis Leterrier are still contracted if there is one. But that was awhile ago. There's so many in planning but not greenlit yet...S.H.I.E.L.D., War Machine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Punisher, Inhumans, Ant-Man, Luke Cage...Dr. Strange and Ant-Man would be funky combination for 2014. But I'd go.

Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    We don't know what their planning for IM 3, but I think they going to keep building up to the Mandarin, especially if they can do an Iron Man film every two years.
    Plus, I think almost every single tie-in comic included Iron Man taking out various Ten Rings cells. But I think I remember reading Black wanted to keep IM3 set in the "real world" whereas Favreau wanted to do Mandarin. But I'd like to see Iron Man deal with him and Roxxon already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Yoshi Mage View Post
    Thor 2 is suppose to come out in 2013. I think they've set a date in June or July. I'm hoping for Doctor Strange or Ant-Man. The other one is most likely Captain America 2.
    Right, Iron Man 3 on May 3, 2013 and Thor 2 on July 26, 2013. I don't think there's a script or outline for CA2 yet, whereas others in the planning stage already have drafts submitted.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: September 21, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Blankments is offline The Sparkle Rises!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll side with Doctor Strange is first, then Captain America 2. That said, I feel like repeating what I said in the Captain America 2 thread, and that is why didn't Marvel claim July 4 weekend 2014 for it? It'd be a HUGE blockbuster if it opened then, because who wouldn't see Captain America on the Fourth of July?
    I'm reviewing 2011 in film at my blog! Check it out!

Read my P&F and MLP:FiM crossover!

Vote in the Greatest Cartoon Character Ever competition!

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Right, Iron Man 3 on May 3, 2013 and Thor 2 on July 26, 2013. I don't think there's a script or outline for CA2 yet, whereas others in the planning stage already have drafts submitted.
    I could be mistaken, but I could have swore I heard that they started writing a sequel to Captain America before the first was even out. So, I think there's an outline at least.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Yoshi Mage View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I could have swore I heard that they started writing a sequel to Captain America before the first was even out. So, I think there's an outline at least.
    In February 2011, McFeely and Markus were commissioned to write the sequel. So they should be working on breaking the story up to working on an outline. Whereas, I'm pretty sure I remember multiple drafts for the scripts of Dr. Strange and Ant-Man were turned in already.

EDIT: Saw an article that had a scan of that EW article. In a "What's Next" blurb (and a tip of the iceberg in terms of properties being looked at probably), Fiege talked about Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Inhumans. Link: CBM Article

Those last two seem like a big jump and seem to hinge on The Avengers succeeding. But I'm leery of them going too far with the scope of the MCU. But nothing's set in stone yet for them.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 10-02-2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: merged with 1+ month old post
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: September 21, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast