Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I personally feel Marvel Studios replaces these people because they simply don't want to give them a raise. However, stylistically we have yet to see the results from switching directorial duties/vision. Iron Man 3 will be the first sequel with a new director and we just don't know how it will turn out, we hope for better. However with too much Studio interference, the results may be less than desirable. I just hope the studio has a clear direction of how they will shape phase two of these films. Maybe that's why they pulled Chris Yost.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    It was really a given that a sequel would be set in the present. I'm personally a little disappointed that we only got one WWII era Cap adventure. The writers say they made the first film "baggy" enough that there could still be flashbacks showing other adventures during the war, but watching the film again recently I don't really see much extra room for them. I am curious to see a contemporary Cap story, though, even though I'm still disappointed over the replacement of Joe Johnston.
    I think there's enough room. Captain America rescued Bucky and the others in November 1943 and the official tie-in comic revealed a mission that took place in April 1944. I remember the writers and Fiege said something like the movie's main story encompassed 6-9 months total. It's been awhile since I tracked it but in the movie they destroyed 4/7 HYDRA bases, the tie comic dealt with one so that means there's two bases/missions that have yet to be told. I could see them linking one or both of them to Cap 2's story with either some weapon they confiscated or a certain villain(s) they encountered.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 31, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MARVEL Studios narrows down director shortlist:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57697

I haven't seen Adjustment Bureau, nor heard any reviews good or bad, so don't know what to think. For anyone who's seen it, was it at all effects heavy?

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman
    MARVEL Studios narrows down director shortlist:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57697

I haven't seen Adjustment Bureau, nor heard any reviews good or bad, so don't know what to think. For anyone who's seen it, was it at all effects heavy?
    Well, kind of, there're some pretty elaborate effects shot at the end (though they're cool and look good), but if there were some elsewhere in the film, they were pretty well-done, because I didn't notice them. The film itself is really more of a romance.
    Last edited by Hanshotfirst1138; 04-12-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anthony and Joe Russo are in final negotiations to direct Cap 2. I'm not familiar at all with their resume, anyone think they are a good or bad choice?
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 31, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Considering my dislike for You, Me and Dupree and Community, I'm naturally leery. Very leery.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Marvel hiring kind-of-sort-of no names that specialize in comedy make me think we're not in for a good movie.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well community is a great comedy and I'm sure the movie will still be serious I've learned to trust marvel ever since iron man

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not getting a good feeling about this. Not at all. I hope Marvel proves my gut wrong.