Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The Avengers suit looked really bad, so I'm happy they're NOT using it.

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxx116 View Post
    The new suit is not Captain America to me, They should have use The Avegers suit.
    Agreed. I know it's from the comic, but I like a suit that says "Captain America." I can especially imagine the more casual fans' reaction to seeing a suit that basically abandons the entire Cap look.

I don't really see what was supposedly so bad about his suit in the Avengers. If I had one complaint, it would be that the helmet looked a little too detached from the rest of it. But otherwise, I thought the suit itself looked fine.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can especially imagine the more casual fans' reaction to seeing a suit that basically abandons the entire Cap look.

He's still running around in a mask with an A on the helmet and a big star on his chest. In a movie called "Captain America." I'm sure most people will be able to tell he's supposed to be Captain America. Remember, most mainstream audiences don't actually care about that sort of thing either way. Nobody was shedding any tears over Hawkeye wearing black leather instead of his iconic purple tights, for instance.

I don't really see what was supposedly so bad about his suit in the Avengers. If I had one complaint, it would be that the helmet looked a little too detached from the rest of it. But otherwise, I thought the suit itself looked fine.

The whole suit had a very cheesey plastic look to it. It looked like something you'd see as a Halloween costume, not an outfit worn by a Super-Soldier. But it's easy enough to handwave. After all, Coulson designed it and he's a massive fanboy. I can see it being something as simple as Cap ditching it for something more utilitarian, like he wore in his first solo movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    Remember, most mainstream audiences don't actually care about that sort of thing either way. Nobody was shedding any tears over Hawkeye wearing black leather instead of his iconic purple tights, for instance.
    That's because most mainstream audiences didn't even know who Hawkeye was to begin with, so it wasn't that big of a deal. I remember a friend of mine, who has never read comic books but certainly was familiar with the likes of Cap and Hulk, asked me, "Who's this Hawkeye guy? Is he a new character?"

But Cap is much more well known and iconic, so I can see general audiences going, "Why'd they change Captain America's suit? That's not what he's supposed to wear."
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I doubt it, to be honest. Batman's arguably a much more iconic figure and nobody cared about him wearing black armor instead of his iconic gray tights, or any of the numerous changes made to people like Bane and the Joker. He's still got an A slapped across his face and a big ole' star on his chest. People know he's Captain America.
    Last edited by RoryWilliams; 04-17-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, if you say so. Just my two cents.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There really isn't that big a change. This suit has more silver and is a darker blue. That's hardly going to incur the confusion of the masses.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the story is lending itself to a slightly more realistic setting, I might accept a new uniform. I can't imagine the bright cartoony Cap in Washington DC or something like that. I just really hope it's not jarring.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought the costume in the Avengers was pretty goofy looking, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I wouldn't mind if they give him a suit without a mask. They always seem to try to give him plenty of screentime with his mask off anyway.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Peggy Carter will be part of a teaser shown at SDCC this summer. Woot! Sweet, looks like there will be flashbacks after all. Can't to see what of the WWII SSR missions they're going to fill in.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 8, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource