Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I just assumed they'd be playing up Winter Soldier's connection to Black Widow because of all the focus she's getting in the movie. But going off the trailer, it doesn't seem like she knows anything more about him than just the rumors of his existence.

Of course, this being Natasha, it wouldn't be out of character for her to lie about it .

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just assumed they'd be playing up Winter Soldier's connection to Black Widow because of all the focus she's getting in the movie. But going off the trailer, it doesn't seem like she knows anything more about him than just the rumors of his existence.

Of course, this being Natasha, it wouldn't be out of character for her to lie about it .
    Yeah, I mean she's in her late 20s/early 30s as the MCU progresses and I think there was a S.H.I.E.L.D. file special feature that had her birthday the same as Scarlett Johansson's - November 22, 1984. It would be interesting to see if the Red Room Academy from her comics' origin would be adapted in TWS. And maybe then, she met Bucky Barnes who was under another name at the time and wasn't introduced as the Winter Soldier to protect his identity or whatever, and was briefly trained by her. Would be a neat twist, if her ruthless fighting prowess was in part to Bucky's tutelage.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Tohya is offline deficit omne quod nasciture
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's def that but even so what other kind of backstory could the Winter Solider have besides the Russian one? It all just makes too much sense to have him been under the control of the U.S greatest rival. Maybe the remnants of Hydra infiltrated the U.S.S.R and had Bucky working for them. Idk...the Winter Soldier isn't a known commodity so they could of easily ommited the Red star in his design. The fact that they didn't makes me think there gonna go with his comic book origins with some slight variations.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More than likely they'll follow some loose equivalent of his comic story. He was found by the Soviets and made into a Cold War assassin. He was put in the mothballs when Russia lost and the USSR fell. Now some third party (HYDRA and Pierce rather than Lukin) pull him out of stasis for use in their own nefarious schemes.

New TV spot.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was that an older Peggy's voice over in the trailer?

I wonder how much Crossbones factors into the movie, considering the lack of focus he's getting? I think it's already been confirmed that Agent 13/Sharon Carter is going to play more of a role in Age of Ultron than she does here, but I'm curious as to what they're going to do with Crossbones.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think Carter is confirmed for AOU but I believe there were rumors of Crossbones being in it. My guess is here he's just one of the evil SHIELD agents and the ending sets him up for proper supervillainy in a later film.

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like Peggy alright. I wonder if they have to go to her for some clue/plot point since we now know she was co-leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. with Howard Stark back in the day. Maybe intel on Winter Soldier.

Well that confirms S.T.R.I.K.E. being an elite team, Lemurian Star is name of the ship (nice coincidence with the blue humanoid in AoS this week), and Agent Sitwell among the hostages.

On Brock Rumlow, it was back in late November, Grillo did state there were plans for Rumlow. As Rory said, TWS is our introduction to him and well, if his comics version is any indication, he could well be one of many plants in S.H.I.E.L.D. and he'll reveal his true nature soon enough.

Can it be April now?

EDIT: Interviews with Kevin Feige, one with Russo brothers, and one with Markus and McFeely, new movie details from set visit, list of cities with early March 20 screenings released,
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was reading at Comicbookmovie where they gave a bit of details on the characters and sigh.....really hate where they going with Falcon, especially when they try to have a love interest with Black Widow.....
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't read much into that. I think that's just the background stuff that actors talk about in helping them with their characters, it's not actually in the movie.

Media outlets don't really get it and print that Falcon and Black Widow are love interests.

-CM Punk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    Was reading at Comicbookmovie where they gave a bit of details on the characters and sigh.....really hate where they going with Falcon, especially when they try to have a love interest with Black Widow.....
    Uh, you realize that was a joke, right? He was saying he concocts elaborate backstories about wholly ridiculous scenarios that don't make it into the movie like Nick Fury being the Falcon's father figure (despite never having met) or Black Widow being his girlfriend.

This is the same interview where he says he'd like to get the words "Avengers 2" tattooed on his chest and then run buck naked through New York when Marvel lets him join the team.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Collider took it seriously and ran with it.

What can you do?

-CM Punk

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What red blooded American male wouldn't try to be a love interest of Black Widow? It would be unrealistic if Falcon wasn't flirting with her. And we will see if Cap does or doesn't.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know they might over do it on the info but since i have seen this on movies alot they might do it....
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    What red blooded American male wouldn't try to be a love interest of Black Widow? It would be unrealistic if Falcon wasn't flirting with her. And we will see if Cap does or doesn't.
    Well, personally, Scarlett Johansson doesn't really do much for me to be honest. I'm much more of a Hayley Atwell kinda guy.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    I know they might over do it on the info but since i have seen this on movies alot they might do it....
    Again, this isn't something that they "might do it" it was not something in the script. It was literally him talking about stuff he made up in his head.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Talon is offline Armchair Assassin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, this big takeaway from this is that
    Spoiler:
    in the MCU, people born with superpowers are referred to as "Miracles", not as Mutants or Inhumans. It makes me wonder if they can use newer X-men characters in the MCU as long as they're referred to as Miracles.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well that's not necessarily true. We'll have to wait and see.

Spoiler:
    They've used the "Miracles" and "Marvels" thing in the comics before but I don't think that's necessarily confirmation this is the official name for mutants here.
    Last edited by RoryWilliams; 03-11-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast