0 0%

1 50.00%
  • ** 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • * 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • Man, I hope never to encounter bridesmaids like these in real life.

1 50.00%
    Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Bridesmaids" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

[Drunk on plane, pulls open curtains to coach after getting kicked out of first class] "It's called civil *rights*. This is the '90s."

Release Date: May 13, 2011
    Studio: Universal Pictures, Relativity Media, Apatow Productions
    Director: Paul Feig
    Screenwriter: Annie Mumolo, Kristen Wiig
    Starring: Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemplar, Jon Hamm

Plot Summary: Annie (Kristen Wiig), is a maid of honor whose life unravels as she leads her best friend, Lillian (Maya Rudolph), and a group of colorful bridesmaids (Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper) on a wild ride down the road to matrimony.

Comments?

I'm surprised a talkback hasn't been made yet. This movie overperformed at the box office, its getting good reviews and there is a chance to make a sequel.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw this a couple weeks ago, I'm surprised that it's been so successful but there hasn't been any discussion about it.

I think this movie is surprisingly hilarious. At first I was reluctant to see it, but then I read that Judd Apatow produced it and Paul Feig directed it, so I thought it must've been funny, and it really was. I really liked the potty humour, probably because one wouldn't really expect that from a film starring all women.

All the female characters had numerous moments of hilarity, especially Megan.

It wasn't just a funny movie though. It some heart to it, and got depressing in some places. We got to see Annie's life gradually fall apart and watch her fail at rebuilding it at certain moments.

Overall, great movie and I hope it starts a trend for female comedies to not fall into tired stereotypes.

Also, here's some outtakes. NSFW.

Mesousa is offline Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As someone who mostly liked shows featuring all-female casts. I really wanted to give this one a shot, and it was able to succeed.

Kristen Wiig had some great acting chops in this one. She usually plays socially awkward characters in MacGruber and Paul, in this one, she's a little more different, most notably during her rant.

I do admit that the gross-out gag did seem a bit...forced. Didn't seem to have much signifigance out of it.