Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    It's a little too soon for Beta Ray Bill, even in a third film. I just hope they can churn out these films at a decent rate. I was talking to someone about the future of the MCU as it exists right now, and it is true that if Marvel Studios were to retain rights to one of their top tier character franchises like FF, X-Men, or Spider-man they would more than likely reboot the entire universe, besides recasting and such it is probably better off as it exists now. They can explore other facets if the MCU.

This is kinda like what DCAU had on tv for about ten years. To do it again is going to take a huge undertaking. The MCU as it exists can function without mutants for awhile. It really is a shame that the FF is not around cause they would fit in this universe perfectly right now if they were to start the franchise from scratch.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    It's a little too soon for Beta Ray Bill, even in a third film.
    It really is a shame that the FF is not around cause they would fit in this universe perfectly right now if they were to start the franchise from scratch.
    Agreed on both points. I'm still hoping it doesn't get rebooted and Disney/Marvel Studios gets it. Though the third movie would have been a chance to introduce other heroes like Namor or Black Panther.

I just hope they can churn out these films at a decent rate. I was talking to someone about the future of the MCU as it exists right now, and it is true that if Marvel Studios were to retain rights to one of their top tier character franchises like FF, X-Men, or Spider-man they would more than likely reboot the entire universe, besides recasting and such it is probably better off as it exists now.
    Yeah, but it would be for the best. Imagine the end credits teaser of Ant-Man. Nick Fury brings in Hank Pym to consult on something again (reference in Thor) but with another consultant named Reed Richards.

They can explore other facets if the MCU.

The MCU as it exists can function without mutants for awhile.
    Yep, phase 2 has the potential to explore more about magic and aliens in the MCU.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: October 20, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Also reported by Empire reported by CBM, Thor 2 will involve a "major new villain. A major, major new antagonist..." And with recent reports of Mads Mikkelsen in talks, both make me think Surtur figures into the sequel.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think Surtur fits well as a major antagonist, i do hope however if we see the Enchantress, Skurge the Executioner or even the Absorbing Man as second antagonist working for Surtur.

There's also Hela tho they might skip the whole "being Loki's daughter" but it could still work.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thor 2 got its release date bumped up a week to November 8, 2013. I think I read Lone Ranger got pushed back as well. Seems to be a bit shuffling overall with movies this week.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Thor 2 got its release date bumped up a week to November 8, 2013. I think I read Lone Ranger got pushed back as well. Seems to be a bit shuffling overall with movies this week.
    It's still a little too close to "The Hobbit" for me, but it's beating the Thanksgiving rush. Thor should make a decent amount of dough before that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From what I've heard Josh Dallas won't be returning as Frandal, Zachary Levi is in talks to replace him.

Aldrius is online now Arrogant Instigator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was talking to someone about the future of the MCU as it exists right now, and it is true that if Marvel Studios were to retain rights to one of their top tier character franchises like FF, X-Men, or Spider-man they would more than likely reboot the entire universe, besides recasting and such it is probably better off as it exists now.
    I think they'd have to reboot it actually.

Pretty pumped for this. I'm really glad they're keeping Loki around. I get so tired of these movies killing off their iconic villains. But I'm... also kind of glad he'll have a reduced role in this.

"You still race in the games, do you... guardian?.. For what!? Putting a show on for the masses are we? The young pretender!? To mend and defend... who will defend you the next time we meet!? Have your fun boy... while you can." - Megabyte

"They took everything, Bruce. My dad, my life... you. I'm not saying it's right or even sane... but it's all I have left. So either help me or get out of the way!"

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mads Mikkelsen has unfortunately left the project due to schedule conflicts. Rats.
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...2#.T_9DA46sQUV
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here the Official Title for Thor 2:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=63853
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.