Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
    Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Well... I didn't mean to disparage the Raimi films. I just think this movie has a better take on Spider-Man than they did.

kid rabbit is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is this the smart version of the lizard ?
    I hope it's the smart version of the lizard

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrolupine View Post
    Two more posters, although they're poses we've seen before:

Ok, I don't remember seeing this pose as a movie poster before
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised
    I like Tobey Maguire more than Andrew Garfield in the role of Spider-Man

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A new four-minute trailer is up!

Looks great! The scene with the boy in the burning car is excellent! It actually reminds me of a similar scene from an episode of Batman Beyond. This movie just keeps looking better and better with each new look! Really can’t wait for this one!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anything spoiler-ish in there? After seeing one of the most recent trailers for Prometheus, I'm cautious now about these "extended" trailers coming out for the summer films I'm most interested in. Just want to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanshotfirst113 View Post
    Ouch. What's with all of the sudden hate for the Raimi films? Well, OK, besides 3.
    I only ever really liked the first Raimi movie. Spider-Man 2 has grown on me a little bit, but I still have problems with it and still don't really "like" like it. The third, well, aside from Harry (who I actually found more interesting than Peter by that point), I don't think I'll ever like. Plus, I know many fans lamented the absence of Spidey's quippy, wise-crack side in the Raimi films, and this new movie appears to finally capture that. I know the audience howled with laughter at the "little knives" gag when I saw the trailer in the theater a couple weeks ago. Plus, Spidey (costume-wise) actually looks more like comic book Spidey, which I honestly didn't think was possible until I started seeing images and footage.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, The Flash, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was, generally, a good trailer. But, I hate the design of The Lizard, I was hoping it would've been more alike to a crocodile/alligator. But that's just a minor gripe. Andrew Garfield seems to be way BETTER than Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider Man.

I'm sorry, but, Tobey Maguire was a horrible Spider Man. Seriously, when Tobey said "Gobby", I cringed. He definetely didn't bring the witty element to Spider Man.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't see Andrew Garfield who look wrong for part of Spider-Man bring better then Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man I just don't see it at all.

And I stand by in what I say.

As for the new footage I'm just not seeing nothing new from it at all.
    Last edited by dmxx116; 05-16-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxx116 View Post
    I don't see Andrew Garfield who look wrong for part of Spider-Man bring better then Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man I just don't see it at all.

And stand by in what I say.

It's a matter of opinion and that's fine. Personally I felt Toby was a poor choice for Peter Parker/Spider-man from day one and while he did a decent job his version of the character just felt off. It might have had more to do with the script then Toby himself. His Spider-man was too quite, and his Peter well did not feel like a geek or nerd to me.

From first look Garfield looks more like I thought a live action Peter would look then Toby did. This is me ignoring all three movies and just using the opinion I had before the first Raimi movie aired. Yes that was a long time ago but I felt Toby was less suitable for Peter then Andrew. Toby grew on me and yes he did do a good job but his performance was never perfect.

Toby's Peter Parker/Spider-man to me is like Keaton's Bruce Wayne/Batman they were good performances and worked perfectly for their movies but are not the absolute and perfect versions of those characters.

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxx116 View Post

And stand by in what I say.

Opinions, Opinions! I think Andrew is much more Peter Parker than Tobey.

Though he grew on me, part of my problem with the Raimi trilogy was the casting of Tobey as Peter, and even more so the casting of Kirsten Dunst as MJ -- She was never right for the role.

Andrew as Peter and Emma as Gwen are perfect!

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looking good. I liked Tobey, but Garfield looks good too, IMO.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst