Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The older, established (and married) Spidey is actually the version I've always wanted to see on the big screen. Even going back to the early-90s when James Cameron was first announced as director, I just naturally envisioned big screen Spidey being older and married since that's how he's been in the comic book for years. (Or at least used to be. I think they broke up Peter and MJ in recent years for some reason.) But I'd still like to see that version on screen some day.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxx116 View Post
    Wonderwall you want me to like this unnecessary reboot it not going to happened, And from what I seen and heard so far from this production I'm not impressed in what the Amazing Spider-Man production is doing right now.
    I didn't ask you to like it, I don't care enough. I have my own issues with it so far like the costume, the weird trailer, casting a guy in his late 20s again, rebooting so soon after the last movie but it really seems to bother you a lot which makes me wonder why you follow the thing so closely enough to always share new links and news. I don't like the looks of the new Superman movie but I'm not scoruing the internet for any new info just to be pessimistic about it.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24
    The older, established (and married) Spidey is actually the version I've always wanted to see on the big screen. Even going back to the early-90s when James Cameron was first announced as director, I just naturally envisioned big screen Spidey being older and married since that's how he's been in the comic book for years. (Or at least used to be. I think they broke up Peter and MJ in recent years for some reason.) But I'd still like to see that version on screen some day.
    More specifically they had Spider-Man sell his marriage to the Devil so that aunt May could live a little longer.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    What makes you think that?

Which is kinda funny since right now in the MU comics he's one of the established vets, being on two Avenger teams and the FF.
    Oh I know that but I mean that having Spider-man be active for a long time in the Marvel Movie Universe once they get the rights to the character seems quite unlikely.It also would not feel right, yes in the Comics he has been active for a long time and a Vet but there are still plenty of heroes that have been around longer then him.

Really the way I see it marvel will want to start from scratch with the character once they get the movie rights. That would easier then say retroactively adding in a Spider-man who has been active in the universe for years but who we never heard of until now.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind that, but I want my teenage Spidey first. Not a half hour of it either, but all the films. I wouldn't mind the adult married Spidey though, cause that would be the best stage to bring in guys like Venom and the gangsters like Tombstone, Hammerhead, et al. The problem is the studios must be dedicated to telling the story and it will cost alot of money and time to do like The Avengers, but to have a five or six film story arc spanning about a decade is something they see unachievable.

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxx116 View Post
    Sony forced to sell The merchandising rights for Spider-Man; could the movie rights be next?:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielny...ys-awkward-q2/

I hope so. So that Marvel/Disney can bring back Tobey Maguire version into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Maguire just fit in better in the Marvel Cinematic Universe then Andrew Garfield (IMO).
    LOL! Yeah, okay. Tobey Maguire is to Spider-Man what Michael Keaton was to Batman. Some fans accept him in the role, even love him in the role, but that does not necessarily mean he was perfect for the role. Sorry, Maguire is nowhere near as good as Peter Parker as I anticipate Andrew Garfield will be (but that's just my opinion).

Regardless, I don't see Marvel getting the Spider-Man movie rights back anytime soon, just because Sony doesn't want to deal with the animation and merchandising rights anymore. And if it does happen that Marvel starts doing the movies, I certainly don't see them bringing 40-something year old Peter Porker Maguire back into the role.

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An early look at the Lizard, as revealed by a PEZ dispenser. Kind of a milestone there, eh?
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Castle/news/?a=50419

I have no idea if that's the final stage of the mutation or not, looks different than the concept art and blurry SDCC images I've seen, but in any case, I don't like it.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrolupine View Post
    An early look at the Lizard, as revealed by a PEZ dispenser. Kind of a milestone there, eh?

I have no idea if that's the final stage of the mutation or not, looks different than the concept art and blurry SDCC images I've seen, but in any case, I don't like it.
    Looks like something from Land of the Lost.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks more like an early stage of the mutation to me, like when he's transforming or something.

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrolupine View Post

Hopefully it's just an early stage, similar to the fact that IM2 Whiplash was in his first suit in all the promo pics.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow