0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

"Play 'U Can't Touch This.'"

[song plays]

"Play 'I Have Eyes Everywhere.'"

[song plays]

"Play 'Keep Your Hands To Yourself.'"

[song plays]

"Play 'You Lay One Finger on My Daughter and They'll Never Find Your Body.'"

[song plays]

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Hanna-Barbera's All-Star Comedy Ice Review Revue
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    "Play 'U Can't Touch This.'"

[song plays]

"Play 'I Have Eyes Everywhere.'"

[song plays]

"Play 'Keep Your Hands To Yourself.'"

[song plays]

"Play 'You Lay One Finger on My Daughter and They'll Never Find Your Body.'"

[song plays]
    First time I saw that one, I had no idea where they were going with it. Once I saw what the punchline was, I thought it was hilarious.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

dragonzatch is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not exactly hate, but the Old Spice commercial about the moms singing about their little boys "becoming men" was pretty depressing. I hugged my mom after I saw it.

langden alger is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonzatch View Post
    Not exactly hate, but the Old Spice commercial about the moms singing about their little boys "becoming men" was pretty depressing. I hugged my mom after I saw it.
    I found it both funny and extremely creepy...especially when the mom is hiding in the curtains and you only see her eyes and mouth-and when the mom is just being moved across the floor with a stop motion effect...

oh and to throw in another one:

'Oh it's such a perfect day. I'm glad I spent it with you.'..........

I started out thinking it was a good and funny ad, but they play it so damn much no that I hate it and I'm flat out sick of it....
    'the past becomes settled in the present. the only place it truly exists.'

"There are two kinds of men in this world. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

"in a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any commercial that screams "State Farm" or "Progressive".

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you, Cadillac, for reminding me during every ad break of how much I hate "Stacy's Mom".

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Hanna-Barbera's All-Star Comedy Ice Review Revue
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    Thank you, Cadillac, for reminding me during every ad break of how much I hate "Stacy's Mom".
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't stand that song, and I love MILFs.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Stacy's Mom" is an awesome song. But its use in the Cadillac commercial is . . . odd. Same with that yogurt commercial I keep seeing that uses "Hungry Like the Wolf."
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dairy Queen's got a current ad starring one of the biggest tools I've seen in a while.

"They call it four pieces of breaded chicken. I call it Hashtag Delicious."
    Don't you just want to punch him?

"It's more than good. It's Blizzard good."
    Oh shut up, no one's that much of a slave to DQ.

Also, I've had the chicken basket they're promoting here, many times. It's average.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Get your billion back, America!"

Tax season is always guaranteed to bring out some obnoxious commercials.

Aquadementia is online now Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Olympics McNugget commercial makes me cringe. Why would they want people to equate biting into a McNugget will be like biting a disk of hard metal?

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

CoolEric158 is online now Sibling Rivalry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm still confused about McDonald's sponsoring the Olympics. I don't think Shaun White eats a Big Mac.
    Thinking of something to write down.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquadementia View Post
    The Olympics McNugget commercial makes me cringe. Why would they want people to equate biting into a McNugget will be like biting a disk of hard metal?
    Not to mention implying it's just as unsanitary. I was just coming here to mention this ad.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEric158 View Post
    I'm still confused about McDonald's sponsoring the Olympics. I don't think Shaun White eats a Big Mac.
    This guy is apparently a big fan.

TenPoundHammer is offline Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A local CBS affiliate has a lot of in-studio ads consisting just of graphics and voiceovers. One is for a golf voucher valid at a bunch of local courses. To promote it, they have an image of a crown-wearing golf ball who is supposed to be a "golf god". And his voiceover is just the same guy who does most of their ads, but with his voice pitch-shifted so he sounds more deep and commanding or something. But they only pitch shift the voice a little bit, so you can still totally tell it's him, and it just sounds more like a really bad technical glitch than god-like.

It reminds me of a radio ad I first heard 12 years ago for a local car wash. They used a pitched-up chipmunk voice for a talking salt crystal attached to someone's car. I thought it was actually kind of cute and inoffensive. But after it had been in rotation for a couple winters, they slowed the ad down some, so that the voice was barely pitched-up at all, and it made it really obvious whose voice it was. I would turn it off every time it came on. (It was actually created by a different local station, but I didn't listen to that station much at the time, so I don't know if the slowing down was their doing or not.)

The ad was gone for a long time, and I thought it was the end of that. A couple years ago, I heard it in rotation again on the station that created it, but thankfully, it was sped back up to the original voice. And just this month, I heard the original version again.

tl;dr: If you're gonna pitch shift, at least change the pitch enough to disguise the voice. Otherwise, it's just the auditory equivalent of uncanny valley.
    My Twitter

We'll leave the light on for you.

http://tehshigelisok.deviantart.com/

Toon Master is online now Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've already complained about the "Tips from Former Smokers" ad campaign by the CDC before, but they've gotten 100% more disturbing. The two new ones I've
    seen on TV feature Terrie (whom you've seen from that other disturbing commercial) and a man named Nathan. The "Terrie" ad features a short clip of her dying
    in the hospital and the "Nathan" ad tells us he died of second hand smoke. If you've seen these ads you know how disturbing they are.
    I know this ad campaign was designed to be scary, but does anyone else think this is a bit too much?
    Hahahahahahaha, wahohohohohohohohohohohoho....hahahahaha..ha........

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That new Jack in a Box commercial that first aired during the Super Bowl where they're singing at the farm bothers me. He's openly admitting to illegal genetic experiments, how is he still in business?
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon Master View Post
    I've already complained about the "Tips from Former Smokers" ad campaign by the CDC before, but they've gotten 100% more disturbing. The two new ones I've seen on TV feature Terrie (whom you've seen from that other disturbing commercial) and a man named Nathan. The "Terrie" ad features a short clip of her dying in the hospital and the "Nathan" ad tells us he died of second hand smoke. If you've seen these ads you know how disturbing they are. I know this ad campaign was designed to be scary, but does anyone else think this is a bit too much?
    Nope. I've seen a person dying from smoking in real life. Scarier than any commercial could be.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon Master View Post
    I've already complained about the "Tips from Former Smokers" ad campaign by the CDC before, but they've gotten 100% more disturbing. The two new ones I've
    seen on TV feature Terrie (whom you've seen from that other disturbing commercial) and a man named Nathan. The "Terrie" ad features a short clip of her dying
    in the hospital and the "Nathan" ad tells us he died of second hand smoke. If you've seen these ads you know how disturbing they are.
    I know this ad campaign was designed to be scary, but does anyone else think this is a bit too much?
    Pretty much every anti-smoking commercial I've ever seen has been so awful they almost make me want to start smoking just out of spite. Yes, smoking is unhealthy (duh), but nobody forces you to smoke. One of the worst ads was that one a couple years ago that portrayed cigarette smoke as an anthropomorphic force that deliberately seeks out babies, even opening bedroom doors along the way.

langden alger is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The ad with the bankers eating brownies and cakes given to them
    because of how great they are....it really just annoys me when they're talking with they're mouths full. I always wanna change the channel when it's on.
    'the past becomes settled in the present. the only place it truly exists.'

"There are two kinds of men in this world. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

"in a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane."

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast