Who is Jack Huston?

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ugh. I don't know. I'm still skeptical about Phoenix being the right choice.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: October 20, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Phoenix is an awesome actor, and is a headstrong enough for Strange. I've seen clips of him in The Master, and he can easily do this role.

Rick Jones is offline Trickin' N Treatin'
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    ugh. I don't know. I'm still skeptical about Phoenix being the right choice.
    I can picture him as the arrogant doctor that gets his hands disfigured but the sorceror supreme part would take a lot of selling.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    Phoenix is an awesome actor, and is a headstrong enough for Strange. I've seen clips of him in The Master, and he can easily do this role.
    The Master? I'll go see if I can find that and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
    I can picture him as the arrogant doctor that gets his hands disfigured but the sorceror supreme part would take a lot of selling.
    Yeah, that's where I'm at as well.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: October 20, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BadAssDigest is reporting that Phoenix met with Marvel this week to sign a 3-4 movie deal rather than the usual 6-9, and said that the reason why he hasn't signed yet is because he's doubting he can actually do this.

Marvel's in a unique position here; rather than getting a no-name or faded star, they're hiring an Oscar-caliber actor in that's in the middle of his prime to lead a brand-new franchise. But like I've said before, Joaquin and Marvel Studios are two polar opposites. Joaquin's obsessed with the craft of being an actor and artist first and foremost, Marvel's obsessed with making four-quadrant movies that make as big a box-office splash as possible (to the point where the directors and actors themselves are expendable).

I think maybe Joaquin's considering this because he sees it as his greatest challenge as a "master thespian". If he can get over his own pet peeves and neuroses, this is could be the role that makes him a household name.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, the combination of the two leaves me rather tepid. Marvel has a history of ditching people who do not fit in with their master plan. It is as bad here as it is in comics. Having mostly stand-alone films isn't going to kill you, Marvel, especially if it means getting talent to make something strong.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The concern may be more of a pay thing. It's probably easier to negotiate multiple appearances for an up and comer who wasn't too well known before a Marvel movie. For example, I can't imagine someone like Chris Pratt, Anthony Mackie or Sebastian Stan commanding some outrageous pay rate for an appearance in Age of Ultron or 3.

But if you have Doctor Strange played be a well known star like Phoenix, that might make crossovers more difficult. If you do something like Infinity Gauntlet for Avengers 3, where you essentially bring in all your past superheroes, I'd imagine Phoenix would probably require a much bigger paycheck than a lot of the other returning actors.

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He's worth whatever Marvel is willing to negotiate. I think the contract is the hold up, having to return for the next ten years is constricting. Maybe they had to let him in on the Marvel blueprint a little. If they are able to deal with his unique style of acting, it can all go well. I do not know if the director can deal with him as he's kinda new to the game, but we'll see.