Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    So wait.. the villain is The Mandarin? I'm confused

Though I don't quite understand Black's comment about how the villain will "frighten in today's world", I'm curious to see how loose an adaption of Extremis this movie will be.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    So wait.. the villain is The Mandarin? I'm confused

Though I don't quite understand Black's comment about how the villain will "frighten in today's world", I'm curious to see how loose an adaption of Extremis this movie will be.
    So the article claims. It's not as concrete as Marvel Studios announcing it. We'll see.

Part of Extremis was used in the first Iron Man movie so it's plausible IM3 will have a loose adaptation, using what parts it wants, as well.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 22, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like we posted at the same time. Anyways, never read Extremis though I saw some of the motion comic. I think the return to the Ten Rings arc is the way to go, Mandarin deserves all the build up he can get what with Fin Fang Foom and the explanation of the rings themselves. Also forcing Tony into belief in magic and not only science could be explored in multiple films including Dr. Strange. I'm excited to see how its touched on in Avengers, though I have yet to spoil myself, I saw that he and Loki have words. That can have huge ramifications on his character in IM3.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    Looks like we posted at the same time. Anyways, never read Extremis though I saw some of the motion comic.
    The Iron Man origin in Extremis was adapted to the origin in Iron Man (shrapnel in the heart, kidnapped by terrorists, paired with Yinsen, make an IM suit). But those were flashbacks, the meat of the story was the nanotech which was supposed to be an answer to the Super Soldier Serum.

I think the return to the Ten Rings arc is the way to go, Mandarin deserves all the build up he can get what with Fin Fang Foom and the explanation of the rings themselves. Also forcing Tony into belief in magic and not only science could be explored in multiple films including Dr. Strange. I'm excited to see how its touched on in Avengers, though I have yet to spoil myself, I saw that he and Loki have words. That can have huge ramifications on his character in IM3.
    I always thought Raza had the flame one in the first movie but just didn't know what he had and the ten were symbolically spread out among cell leaders of the Ten Rings. I haven't read or watched any of the spoilers either for Avengers but I imagine it'll be a game changer for everyone, including Iron Man.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 22, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    The Iron Man origin in Extremis was adapted to the origin in Iron Man (shrapnel in the heart, kidnapped by terrorists, paired with Yinsen, make an IM suit). But those were flashbacks, the meat of the story was the nanotech which was supposed to be an answer to the Super Soldier Serum.
    Wasn't that his original origin too? I thought the only thing "Extremis" changed was updating the terrorists from Vietnam soldiers to Middle Eastern terrorists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Wasn't that his original origin too? I thought the only thing "Extremis" changed was updating the terrorists from Vietnam soldiers to Middle Eastern terrorists.
    Pretty much, except they were Communists Viet Cong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Matt Hazuda is online now Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Warren Ellis posts a mini-FAQ on Iron Man 3.

FAQ: yes, IRON MAN 3 is apparently using elements of my IRON MAN: EXTREMIS comics serial. No, I don't get money or credit. 1/2
    https://twitter.com/#!/warrenellis/s...43709391011841

That's how work-for-hire works: Marvel owns the work. I knew it when I signed the vouchers & made the decision, & I can live with it. 2/2
    https://twitter.com/#!/warrenellis/s...44073506934784
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Young Justice is offline Optic Blaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ben Kingsley as Mandarin?

IMDB is stating that Ben Kingsley will play Mandarin. Is it backed by some article or other rumour?
    ===================
    Let's show Activision and Raven Software that X-Men Legends and X-Men Legends 2 deserve to be re-released in HD format for PS3 and XBox 360.

Like and Share at http://www.facebook.com/XMenLegendsHd

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Justice View Post
    IMDB is stating that Ben Kingsley will play Mandarin. Is it backed by some article or other rumour?
    Hopefully this true. But IMDb sometimes isn't a relaible source.

But I'm narrowing the villains down to The Mandarin, Ezekiel Stane, or Titanium Man.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman