Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Liebesman never actually denied the alien race issue. He only seems to be parroting and reinforcing what Bay said on his website after.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New update from Kevin Eastman:

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the notes, and I do look forward to sharing more with you on the upcoming film as the work pace picks up--but I have a funny idea I love you all to try for me--I was over at the official Ninja Turtle website eight months ago doing some research on what kinds of stories have been explored in the 300 (plus) cartoon shows we did and most of you grew up on--why don't you cruise around the show synopsis' and let me know if you see anything there you'd like included in the film. Looking forward to your thoughts! K

"...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

Dank is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Storyboard comics predicts Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles.
    http://storyboardcomics.blogspot.ca/2012/03/this-is-what-i-expect-michael-bays.html

Ducard is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Liebesman never actually denied the alien race issue.
    It's a nice lil' dodge that doesn't actually address the main concern.

HOLLYWOOD: And for our next movie, Peter Parker is an alien. That way, his backstory will be richer and more complex than ever before.

FANS: Wait, what?!

HOLLYWOOD: Oh geez, true fans would know that Spider-man touched black alien ooze in the comics. The movie will be, um, expanding on that general idea, or something. Stop speculating.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Laird
    I read the director's comments and found them to be vague and open to different interpretations... one of the most obvious of which is, sadly, that the Turtles are from an alien race. Which is exactly what Michael Bay said. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Ducard; 03-26-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added quote
    "The bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." --Anton Ego, Ratatouille

langden alger is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    He most likley saved us all the price of admission.
    'the past becomes settled in the present. the only place it truly exists.'

"There are two kinds of men in this world. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

"in a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane."

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah seriously, it's nothing but corporate double-speak. Politicians and the heads of Bioware do it all the time .
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

CyclonatorZ is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    The moment I saw the first panel, I knew this was going to be good. Every Michael Bay movie has to have a Pentagon shot somewhere - preferably at the very beginning.

The reveal of the turtles also got a huge laugh out of me, until I realized how horrifying it was. You just know Bay's going to take Mikey's surfer dude personality and twist it into something unspeakable.

"We are both men out of time" - Dr. Arnim Zola, to Captain America.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    With the title being just Ninja Turtles they can mess around with a lot of things but I am willing to believe they will still be teenage mutants.

That comic among other protest art amuses me greatly.

I've seen people suggest if they want to do a movie about alien anphibians they should make Battletoids. I quite agree LOL.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Michael Bay talks the title (official confirmation, it is Ninja Turtles) and insists we're going to love this movie.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57008

"Paramount marketing changed the name. They made the title simple. The characters you all remember are exactly the same, and yes they still act like teenagers. Everything you remember, why you liked the characters, is in the movie. This script is being developed by two very smart writers, with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles. They care VERY MUCH about making this film for the fans. Everyone on this team cares about the fans. Just give them a chance. Jonathan the director, is a major fan of the whole franchise. HE'S NOT GOING TO LET YOU DOWN."
    I don't mind the title to be honest. I always referred to them as the Ninja Turtles rather than the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and still do. I always love how people dangle the fact that the director or producer or whatever is a huge fan of the property, so it can't possibly suck. I have no doubt Liebsman is a fan. He would have been 11 when the show premiered, so why not? But...
    -Spidey fan Sam Raimi directed Spider-Man 3
    -Joel Schumacher was a huge Batman fan growing up
    -Andrew Stanton is an huge fan of John Carter of Mars (I didn't like the movie, I know a lot of people did)
    -Benicio del Toro says the original Wolfman is one of his favourite movies.
    Any fan can make crap if they get paid enough, or if the script is misguided. It's nice if they appreciate the property, but really doesn't matter a lot.

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Regarding the title...

They aren't turtles... By being aliens, that means they are mutant turtles. For some reason, people only seem to drop the 'mutant' but the mutant can't exist without the turtle part and vice versa because they're mutated turtles. So, the real title should be TAN: Teenage Alien Ninjas (and even then the ninja is pushing it). I'm not even really a fan, but I'm upset at Bay just for doing this to a fandom because I could totally relate if they did it to something I like.