• 2 - I wasn't feeling the magic.

0 0%
  • 1 -There's no such thing as magic.

3 23.08%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Poweranimals is offline Invincible
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Join the Russo family as the Wizards of Waverly Place vacation to the Caribbean! When a spell goes awry, Alex and Justin must travel through the jungle to the Cave of Darkness to find the mysterious and magical Stone of Dreams.

Airs: Friday, August 28th at 8 PM ET on Disney Channel

===================================================

Since this movie airs tomorrow night, I figured I'd start the thread off. So who's planning to watch this tomorrow? The previews actually look kind of promising.
    Last edited by Poweranimals; 08-27-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Penguin is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am. And I'm possibly having a drinking party with friends while watching it, too =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A drinking party for a kids movie seems just wrong somehow.

Old Guy is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NewcomerDC, Tobias, and myself will be watching. Does that answer your question? Then, Mugen will visit us with some ratings info. It's his way of letting us know that he watched it too.

NewcomerDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to be watching the film? Yeaaah...

It's going to be as 'meh' as the other Disney Channel films based of the DC's original live-action series. I've read through the little kids' books about the film and isn't really feeling for the film. I mean I'm not going to give anything out but finding out the ending was kinda like a big 'why' tattooed on it. I know this is supposed to be this big adventure but really, and this is a personal message to Disney, but you should've put more money on making WOWP: The Movie than the easily forgettable Hannah Montana: The Movie.

I feel like the story could've been more tighter and had it not been pulling out a plot that we've seen a thousand times before. I would rather have the Russos going on a bigger adventure when they would have to save the world from a villain and using all of the magic from every mythical being living in the modern day world to destroy New York or wanting to use that power to destroy the Russos from their first ancestors causing a chain reaction of erasing the present-day Russos from existence. Heck, why not go the Harry Potter route and make a story about a group of evil wizards and witches using past characters, such as Gigi, Alex's old bully or her "never-seen-in-every-episode-and-one-of-many-forgettable-characters-in-the-series" boyfriend Dean, to be trained in the dark arts and to use their skills to destory the Russos. Then again, they would have to be part of that secret group from the very beginning of the series even if it was never mentioned in the TV show.

Maybe have Harper become evil after being tired of Alex showing off her magic and have her get into a heated magic battle against her best friend.

Any of those ideas might be run-of-the-mill but the, to me, sound somewhat better than what we've been given in the commercials we've been seeing on TV since June/early July.
    I don't need a signature. I'm too cool for one. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They've already gone the Harry Potter route with the Wiztech episodes. Your idea sounds like something from Power Rangers Mystic Force.

Penguin is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewcomerDC View Post

It's going to be as 'meh' as the other Disney Channel films based of the DC's original live-action series. I've read through the little kids' books about the film and isn't really feeling for the film. I mean I'm not going to give anything out but finding out the ending was kinda like a big 'why' tattooed on it. I know this is supposed to be this big adventure but really, and this is a personal message to Disney, but you should've put more money on making WOWP: The Movie than the easily forgettable Hannah Montana: The Movie.

I feel like the story could've been more tighter and had it not been pulling out a plot that we've seen a thousand times before. I would rather have the Russos going on a bigger adventure when they would have to save the world from a villain and using all of the magic from every mythical being living in the modern day world to destroy New York or wanting to use that power to destroy the Russos from their first ancestors causing a chain reaction of erasing the present-day Russos from existence. Heck, why not go the Harry Potter route and make a story about a group of evil wizards and witches using past characters, such as Gigi, Alex's old bully or her "never-seen-in-every-episode-and-one-of-many-forgettable-characters-in-the-series" boyfriend Dean, to be trained in the dark arts and to use their skills to destory the Russos. Then again, they would have to be part of that secret group from the very beginning of the series even if it was never mentioned in the TV show.

Maybe have Harper become evil after being tired of Alex showing off her magic and have her get into a heated magic battle against her best friend.

Any of those ideas might be run-of-the-mill but the, to me, sound somewhat better than what we've been given in the commercials we've been seeing on TV since June/early July.
    You sound so bitter. Did one of WOWP's writers run over your dog?

RonDrakenfan17 is offline Luffy fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewcomerDC View Post

Eazy there, whats got you so fired up over this? I feel its a good show
    It gets better as seasons go by. I like Harry Potter too but don't see it being so simular. The TV movie looks great to me. All the actors look like they put a great deal of effort into this film. Drinking during a childs show? LOL That does sound wrong
    One Piece fan. Bleach fan.

Old Guy is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonDrakenfan17 View Post
    It gets better as seasons go by.
    I don't think it's gotten better. I just think you can tolerate it more now. This show used to bother me in the beginning because they finally put hispanics on TV yet have them act like white people. Which is unfair seeing how Raven was allowed to act Black and the show's writers were able to add a lot of Black humor. So, Raven gets a pass but not Gomez. Kinda messed up. And, yes, I'm Hispanic. Just an FYI. But, now, I don't really care anymore. I accept it for what it is.

vladtalto Guest
    Wait, if their parents never met how do they still exist?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast