• *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
    The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smallville "Injustice" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

The hunt for Davis is on! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

Smallville #8-21 "Injustice"
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Chloe (Allison Mack) returns and begs Clark (Tom Welling) to kill Davis (Sam Witwer), claiming he can no longer keep the beast under control.

Tess (Cassidy Freeman) has assembled a team of meteor freaks, including Plastique (guest star Jessica Parker Kennedy), to track down Davis so Clark can kill him. However, things get out of hand once Tess' team discovers she is double-crossing them.

Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore and Justin Hartley also star. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Al Septian & Turi Meyer.

#8.20: "Beast"

CWTV.com - Smallville
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Old Guy is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol. No one saw this episode. I'll check it out online later. Important episode though. It sets up the finale, which is next week.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw it, I just hit the sack after it was finished is all.

Anyhow, a pretty good episode. That end was killer, although I missed what the voice said. >_>
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Hobbes829 is offline The Bad Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    I saw it, I just hit the sack after it was finished is all.

Anyhow, a pretty good episode. That end was killer, although I missed what the voice said. >_>
    something about Kandor i believe.
    "I’ve followed every part of the Bible! Even the parts that contradict the other parts" - Ned Flanders

"Say Hello... to the Bad Guy" - Razor Ramon

"They say that people mellow with age. However, the older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness." - Thomas Sowell

ABrown is offline Father of twins
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    lol. No one saw this episode.
    I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    I missed what the voice said.
    I did too.

Not sure how I feel about them making Oliver such an obsessive murderer. Clark has the right idea. Any human life is worth saving.

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    lol. No one saw this episode. I'll check it out online later. Important episode though. It sets up the finale, which is next week.
    I would've but I was too busy being on the final frontier and what not Luckile SPACE channel here in Canada shows repeats.

kid rabbit is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the rumurs of the injustice gang was true and this is the episode
    no Smallville versons of black manta and deathstroke instead B-list superman villens livewire,parasite and plasque (all meter freaks)

bat313 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bad enough they made parasite, livewire, and plastique all meteorfreaks but they killed livewire already? Wow, way to respect Bruce Timm's creation.

Chad Bonin is offline a.k.a. Knux Five
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hear that the voice called Tess "the hero of Kandor".

Is anyone else getting Professor Zoom vibes from Tess? Trying to make the hero stronger through devastatingly evil things?
    gaijINside
    Comics, video games, animation, gadgets, sci-fi.
    You're multifaceted. So are we.
    AND WE'RE HIRING

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't speak to Professor Zoom, but I can say that Tess' development over the course of these last five episodes or so has really become bumpy and hard-to-follow. She's coming off more and more like Lex did at the end of last season - hysterical and obsessive. It's not fun. I would have much preferred to see Tess act with the finesse that the writers denied Lex in the end. As it stand now, they're pushing her in several different directions all at once (between the Kal/Doomsday speeches and now the Kandor stuff).

Thankfully, at least one of those directions is interesting, funny and entertaining. I was wondering why Oliver was suddenly telling Clark about his feelings for Tess again when they haven't been mentionned in a long while. Even if it was all a set-up for the naked scene, it was worth it - that shot was HILARIOUS! Unexpected and clever. Nice one writers. Though I would have thought Oliver had more of an ego than to be continually put down by Tess, especially after she kicked him out of the bed all those episodes ago.

instead B-list superman villens livewire,parasite and plasque (all meter freaks)

I was very disappointed with their handling of these classic characters. I'm sure they had enough time after learning they were renewed for season nine to go back and rename the Livewire character. She did not deserve to be killed after nearly no screentime or lines of dialogue. I don't even remember what she looked like. The "Injustice League" concept was rather wasted here, and it was a foolish move. If you take out Parasite and Livewire now, who is Clark going to go up against in the next two seasons of the show? If they'd permanently axed Brainiac or Zod in their debut seasons, this show wouldn't have been able to go on the way it has.

Poor planning, and plain disrespect.

I had no problem with Plastique coming back though and getting a wrap-up to her story. That was really what this episode was about, and they should have made-up villains to die around her. Livewire deserved better.

I liked seeing Clark panic over trying to find Chloe. It built the tension nicely, as did the fake-out with the imposter (sorry to the fans who'd read that spoiler and hoped Chloe had been replaced several episodes ago, sparing her the Davis-feeding duties). The only thing that would have made this better would have been one quick scene of Chloe and Davis out alone by themselves. I find it hard to believe that a killer on the cover of a newspaper could go pump gas at a station and never end up chased by the cops. A good cop chase scene was needed.

How do you folks feel about Oliver just telling Clark he killed Lex? I thought it was interesting. Most secrets end up coming out in this show, so him being upfront was nice.

I don't think "Doomsday" will be the be-all end-all episode of the series/season...but it should be interesting nonetheless.

The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm late with my comments, but I wanted to offer a few thoughts before I watch my tape of the finale. While most have the answer now by virtue of seeing the last episode, the voice told Tess "Then you shall be the savior of Kandor" in response to her having done whatever it was that it asked (I forget now). If we assume that this voice has been talking to Tess for a while, perhaps it has driver her somewhat crazy which is why she is all over the place as DB mentioned.

I liked the concept, but I was a bit disappointed that while we knew the names, all of Plastique's teammates were new characters to the Smallville universe. I guess there wasn't time, but I would have liked to see them established first.

Ollie is also a little off with how vengeful he has become. I hated seeing him and Clark interact like that. I've got to give it to him though, getting out of his Green Arrow costume when he heard Tess coming was inspired. I thought he was in big trouble there.

"Sometimes justice... it's not about making the easy decision. Sometimes it's about finding that last bit of good in someone and saving them from themselves."
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a little random (and after-the-fact), but I rewatched this episode for the first time yesterday and realized that the freak posing as Chloe was called "Tess' assistant". Now, the first time I watched this episode, I probably just assumed that was a one-line explanation for this new blonde gal we'd never seen before...

...but then her name sounded odd. "Eva Greer"? Wasn't Tina Greer the shapeshifter from seasons one and two who impersonated Lex and then Whitney (in order to try and get cozy with Lana?)

So were the writers actually trying to create a link there, and suggest this was Tina's sister or something?

And also - was this the same actress who played Tess' unnamed (as far as I was aware) assistant at the start of season eight? The one who popped up in the first few episodes?

An IMDB search later, it appears that Sara Canning played "Kat" in the season eight premiere" Odyssey", while Anna Williams played "Eva Greer" in "Instict", "Committed", "Prey" and "Injustice". Guess I always thought Kat and Eva were the same character....

So there you have it. Still doesn't explain if Tina and Eva were supposed to be connected by their powers and last name, but that's hardly a big deal, given all the plot-holes and unanswered questions that will be left in this show's wake after the finale airs.

Nephets is offline Double the HASHTAGS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    This is a little random (and after-the-fact), but I rewatched this episode for the first time yesterday and realized that the freak posing as Chloe was called "Tess' assistant". Now, the first time I watched this episode, I probably just assumed that was a one-line explanation for this new blonde gal we'd never seen before...

...but then her name sounded odd. "Eva Greer"? Wasn't Tina Greer the shapeshifter from seasons one and two who impersonated Lex and then Whitney (in order to try and get cozy with Lana?)

So were the writers actually trying to create a link there, and suggest this was Tina's sister or something?

And also - was this the same actress who played Tess' unnamed (as far as I was aware) assistant at the start of season eight? The one who popped up in the first few episodes?

An IMDB search later, it appears that Sara Canning played "Kat" in the season eight premiere" Odyssey", while Anna Williams played "Eva Greer" in "Instict", "Committed", "Prey" and "Injustice". Guess I always thought Kat and Eva were the same character....

So there you have it. Still doesn't explain if Tina and Eva were supposed to be connected by their powers and last name, but that's hardly a big deal, given all the plot-holes and unanswered questions that will be left in this show's wake after the finale airs.
    I think the whole "Greer" thing was a nod to the fans about Tina from the earlier seasons. Still, if they hadn't killed her in S2 they could have brought her back for this episode, despite how random it may have been.

I liked the build-up with Tess recruiting meteor freaks and being excited about the "Injustice League" appearing and then finally watching the episode and being disappointed by LiveWire and Neutron's appearances. I would have much preferred old meteor freaks who survived Clark's encounters with them to be in league with Tess since they knew more about Clark than Tess did at the time.

Speaking of Plastique, what the hell happened to her this season? She appears at the end of Shield, implying she'd be apart of the VRA and never shows back up again. "Injustice" more like "Inconsistent"!
    Visit my blog @http://TheStrivingArtist.Tumblr.com UPDATED with new cartoons

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/StephenGeese

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay! Someone replied.. Totally expected my new comments to fly under the radar!

Yup, it was a nod to Tina, albeit a strange one. The Injustice League idea appealed to me only because I wanted to see real DC villains in it, getting the treatment Toyman did (say what you want about the plot of the episode he was in, at least the costume and performance were good!) I was so, so, SO irate that they killed off Livewire a second after introducing her. Given how these baddies were used, I would have rather they'd been old characters from Smallville, too.

It's funny. Season eight was the year that made me happy to forget all the FotWs that had come before in favor of the "real" DC villains...but then they all gradually got worse treatment, making the Jonathan Taylor Thomases of seasons past seem infinitely more interesting by comparison.

The only real DC villains this show did right by were...other than Lex....maybe Toyman, Amanda Waller...and Doomsday, if you ignore how it all ended. Pretty shocking when you think about it.

Speaking of Plastique, what the hell happened to her this season? She appears at the end of Shield, implying she'd be apart of the VRA and never shows back up again. "Injustice" more like "Inconsistent"!
    Hey...they didn't even offer a decent explanation for her name! When she says, in this episode, "You can call me Plastique!" it's a real Hun? Call her plastic? Okay, lady...whatever you say! I'm cardboard, and this is my friend aluminum!

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that after what....FOUR seasons of introducing DC heroes in costume and hinting at a Justice League being formed...we're NOT going to see the actual formation of the League before the show's end!

Can you believe that!?!?

No single scene with J'onn, Clark, Arrow, Zatanna, Aquaman and Canary all in one room. "Justice" was the best we got...and that was five years ago, before the not-quite-League doubled in size!

Cop-out!