Quantcast
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162 LastLast
    TheLemsterPju is offline Rookie Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGUN View Post
    Behold The Thing

Hard to tell if he has blue eyes. Also there appear to be something wrong with his shoulder. One is bigger than the other.
    That looks pretty cool!

Uchiha Sarada is offline 生意気な妹
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGUN View Post
    Behold The Thing

Hard to tell if he has blue eyes. Also there appear to be something wrong with his shoulder. One is bigger than the other.
    The Thing is simply strutting, that's why one half looks bigger than the other. It's an in-between frame.

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ben looks like Ben, so all things considered that's pretty positive .

ShadowGUN is online now Avocados At Law
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Enter Dr. Doom, evil blogger.

I guess this trailer confirms that The Thing won't be wearing any pants through out the movie.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Y'know, compared to the last trailer this actually gave me a much more positive reaction in comparison. Still not really digging the suits or the overall tone, though at least there's some comedy relief to balance it out, but it felt more Fantastic Four than the last trailer at least .

Though Ben's looking pretty short and not as big as I was expecting pre-transformation, which is weird to see .

Young as they are, Teller and Mara seem to get Reed and Sue at least, the latter being espescially nice to see considering Trank completely doesn't get proper comic Sue .

Johnny's still Johnny .

Doom...yeah, not liking Doom. Setting aside what the actor's said about the character's origins, I'm really not digging that mask or the overall look. It almost feels like a stepdown from his mask in the last two movies .

Gold Guy is offline Stay Happy
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hate to say it, but Doom's mask in that image reminds me of ASM2 Electro.

Otherwise, surprisingly good trailer. My hopes were low, but now I find myself a bit hopeful.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

wonderfly is online now In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So who here was worried about them de-aging Reed Richards? (and everyone else, for that matter). I'm not worried anymore.

I was worried because I thought they were trying to mimic Sony with their Spider-Man reboot ("Hey, let's make Spider-Man a hottie, and not a geek"). But...this trailer has indeed given me hope.

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List thread)!

And check out the Fun and Games forum for other current games threads!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    I hate to say it, but Doom's mask in that image reminds me of ASM2 Electro.

Otherwise, surprisingly good trailer. My hopes were low, but now I find myself a bit hopeful.
    His mask looks more like rubber and skin than actual metal. Say what you want about his 2005 look or costume, but at least they got the mask right. Heck, Ultimate Doom got it right, and it looks like that's their primary influence in this version .

Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post
    So who here was worried about them de-aging Reed Richards? (and everyone else, for that matter). I'm not worried anymore.

I was worried because I thought they were trying to mimic Sony with their Spider-Man reboot ("Hey, let's make Spider-Man a hottie, and not a geek"). But...this trailer has indeed given me hope.
    This is basically Ultimate Fantastic Four in that the FF are de-aged but still pretty much retain their core character traits but are just younger. This trailer, especially compared to the last one, definitely had the actors seeming more like their characters compared to the previous one so that made me happy .

Tohya is offline deficit omne quod nasciture
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm surprised there has been absolutely no reporting around here about Josh Trank's career basically going down the toilet in recent weeks.. I had heard grumbling that Trank, who was set to direct one of the Star Wars anthology movies, was probably getting fried from Disney over what transpired during the F4 shoot but now apparently its official. Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker had to actually leave the set of Apocalypse to keep the F4 movie from falling apart, which led to Kinbreg telling Disney. Now, this is probably a dream scenario for all the people who wanted F4 to fail, and somewhere out there Feige and Marvel are probably laughing while sitting on their thrones made of money but its sad that a talented director like Trank is done at only 30. It'll be interesting to see what happens now. The shift to the August release date and the extensive re-shoots by Kinberg is probably going to make it a bit more difficult for this movie to turn a profit. Obviously Trank is gone for the sequel and with the rebooted franchise starting off on what one would call the definition of the wrong foot, you have to wonder if Fox wouldn't just be better off letting the rights revert back, even if the movie does make a profit.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

Mostezli is offline Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohya View Post
    I'm surprised there has been absolutely no reporting around here about Josh Trank's career basically going down the toilet in recent weeks.. I had heard grumbling that Trank, who was set to direct one of the Star Wars anthology movies, was probably getting fried from Disney over what transpired during the F4 shoot but now apparently its official. Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker had to leave the set of Apocalypse to keep the F4 movie from falling apart, which led to Kinbreg telling Disney. Now, this is probably a dream scenario for all the people who wanted F4 to fail, and somewhere out there Feige and Marvel are probably laughing while sitting on their thrones made of money but its sad that a talented director like Trank is done at only 30. It'll be interesting to see how the F4 movie ends up, and it what it means for Fox's future for the franchise.
    Sad news for me. There have even been rumors going around that Max Landis is more responsible for making Chronicle the movie that it is. So, now I have to even doubt Trank's capabilities?
    The trailers still make the movie seem great and I've read from someone who has seen a rough cut (post-reshoots & all) that the movie is a good watch with its emphasis on family.
    I hope the rumors are just that. I hope Trank finds his calling. And...if he's not doing the sequel, Fox should really consider getting someone like Alex Garland (another guy like Landis who officially had more directorial involvement in Dredd than actually credited).